• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

San Francisco jail installs condom dispensers

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Looking for a little action?

You might want to try the San Francisco County Jail's San Bruno lockup, where authorities have installed 16 condom machines for the jail's 750 prisoners.

The condom dispensers are the latest evolution in a safe-sex program that began in 1989, when health workers began distributing condoms to inmates as part of their counseling before they were released.

And although sex among inmates technically is illegal, the Sheriff's Department went ahead and installed the 16 machines anyway - one for each jailhouse pod - paid for by a pair of small grants from UCSF and a Southern California nonprofit.

"It may be controversial," Sheriff Michael Hennessey said, "but I think the larger health education message is important."

As for the chance that all those machines will actually promote jailhouse sex?

The sex already takes place, says Kate Monico Klein, who is directing the program for the city's Public Health Department. "If (providing condoms) saves one or two lives, it's worth it," she said.

Read more: San Francisco jail installs condom dispensers

You just can't make this **** up.

Next at San Bruno Jail;
condom machine is so successful that authorities have also provided a workshop for inmates called, ‘the reach around, a common courtesy.'
:lamo

Last edited:
Did I imply I did?

But think about the humor of it... San Fransisco... installs condom dispensers in it's Jails.

I'm not getting the joke.

It's a good idea. HIV in prisons is a big problem.

San Fran, so Gay even the Jail's have Condom Dispensers!

San Fran, need to get laid? Go to Jail! Free Condoms!

San Fran... oh why bother, you're being a bit of a stick in the mud about this, lighten up.

you think a guy with HIV is going to bother with a condom when he buggers a weaker prisoner? I guess a butt-raper might use one if he is worried that the guy he intends to hump is infected but the victims of anal rape aren't going to be helped by this

I wonder if they will have liberal amounts of K-Y lubricant available too

you think a guy with HIV is going to bother with a condom when he buggers a weaker prisoner? I guess a butt-raper might use one if he is worried that the guy he intends to hump is infected but the victims of anal rape aren't going to be helped by this

I wonder if they will have liberal amounts of K-Y lubricant available too

Sex in prisons doesn't just take on the form of rape. Inmates form relationships or perform favours too. Just because some people will rape while unprotected doesn't mean the choice to be protected should be withheld from everyone else.

I think the SF jail is the first to have a two-pronged approach: don't permit sexual activity but acknowledge that it does happen off the radar, in which case the inmates should be prepared. Keep in mind that if an inmate contracts HIV, their treatment and eventual intensive care are paid for on your ticket. You should be in favour of this condom policy... if you are a real conservative, of course.

Sex in prisons doesn't just take on the form of rape. Inmates form relationships or perform favours too. Just because some people will rape while unprotected doesn't mean the choice to be protected should be withheld from everyone else.

I think the SF jail is the first to have a two-pronged approach: don't permit sexual activity but acknowledge that it does happen off the radar, in which case the inmates should be prepared. Keep in mind that if an inmate contracts HIV, their treatment and eventual intensive care are paid for on your ticket. You should be in favour of this condom policy... if you are a real conservative, of course.

that is probably true in PRISON-

jails are short term facilities designed to hold people awaiting sentences or trials or serving short terms for misdemeanor offenses such as a multiple DUI offender. The sex in jails is far more likely to be coerced than the domestic relationships that dominant males form with subordinate males in prison

This kind of nonsense is why some people call it San Fran Freako. The city is a sanctuary city meaning the police and the elected people who run the city are in violation of their oaths of office, and they flaunt state and federal laws on a daily bases.

It was once a great destination but those days ended about the summer of 1967 and it's gone down hill since then. It's become impossible to walk down the street and not run into freakazoids of one kind or other.

I'm sorry to say this because I used to love visiting and seeing the sights but not any more. I saw the summer of love and it should have been called the summer of filth.
:peace out.

My roommate spent 6 months in jail. He says that although the food was terrible, the sex was awesome. Somehow, I don't think jail is a really effective punishment for gay men.

You just can't make this **** up.

I can't say that I am surprised. This is Sanfransicko were talking about. The only surprising thing is they didn't provide a anal lube dispenser.

Next it will probably be free anti-viral drugs and antibiotics dispensed during meals too. SFS is a failure of a city when it comes to policy.

While they are installing those condom dispensers, let's not forget about a lingerie salon, where inmates can purchase anything from pink baby dolls to leather motorcycle outfits (hat included). Let's put a peep show in there too. Hey, how about a steamy bath house, instead of those AWWWFULLLL showers they have now? Conjugal visits between inmates of different cell blocks, anyone? And, to get all the inmates in the mood, how about some chick flicks from the Lifetime Channel? And don't forget to throw in some concerts by the Village People. Finally, let's educate these inmates by inviting Barney Frank to make some speeches. Let's bring in Larry Craig too..... Oops, scratch Larry Craig. He says he isn't gay. He just likes to suck dick, but he isn't gay. :mrgreen:

Seriously, though, I think condoms are a good idea. Sure, you can't have sex in jail, but it isn't stopping people from doing it, is it? Condoms will help prevent the spread of STD's, and save taxpayers money. We DO want to save money, don't we? I just posted the above to show how ridiculous the argument against condoms in jails is, by taking it to it's logical extreme.

Back
Top Bottom