• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

San Francisco bans smoking inside apartments; pot smoking OK

No, it was put there intentionally by John Mitchell, because Nixon hated hippies and blacks and he knew both smoked weed. Nixon actually formed a commission to study marijauna, and they told him to decriminalize it. This is a feature, not a bug, of government regulation.
That's much more a feature of Republican governance. "Government bad- elect me and I'll prove it."

Smoking pot involves burning dried plant matter, which can start fires just as easily as with tobacco. 'Vaping' pot by forcing heated air through ground pot volatilizes the THC & other cannabinoids & seems safer than smoking it.

Uhhhh, yeahNO.
And in any case, that is not what the law is about, it is about secondhand tobacco smoke being a vicious carcinogen.
It didn't have anything to do with fire safety.
And a joint usually extinguishes itself pretty quickly when you put it down, whereas cigs have ingredients that are intentionally introduced to keep it burning so you have to keep smoking them if you don't want to light another and another.
Pot goes out quickly because in reality, it is not really all that dry.
Decent pot is actually pretty moist and sticky.

That's much more a feature of Republican governance. "Government bad- elect me and I'll prove it."

No, Democrats support the drug war just as much as Republicans. They've been in bed with the police and correctional officers unions for 50 years.

If you need any more evidence, consider the fact that both Biden and Harris have been rabid drug warriors for their entire careers.

Marijuana smoke is far, far safer than tobacco smoke, unless you are operating a vehicle or heavy machinery while under the influence.

It isn't carcinogenic, it doesn't cause emphysema, it doesn't cause cardiac issues, it doesn't even cause or exacerbate asthma.
Lol there is no possible way any of that true.

No, Democrats support the drug war just as much as Republicans. They've been in bed with the police and correctional officers unions for 50 years.

If you need any more evidence, consider the fact that both Biden and Harris have been rabid drug warriors for their entire careers.
That's true.

I'm talking about corruption: Nixon, Reagan, Trump, likely Bush (former CIA head).

Pot was deemed dangerous because Mexicans and Blacks were smoking it and it was a good way to prosecute and jail them. That is the reason it was made a schedule 1 drug.
You could certainly ask former CA. AG Kamala Harris to vouch for the above. 😒
Inside Kamala Harris’ polarizing record as a prosecutor (nypost.com)
During her tenure as attorney general, at least 1,560 people were thrown behind bars for marijuana-related offenses from 2011 to 2016, according to data from the Washington Free Beacon.

Lol there is no possible way any of that true.
Yes, it's true.

There are no epidemiological studies showing an increased rate of cancer or lung diseases for cannabis smokers (or other types of users).

Both cannabinoids and THC may offer therapeutic benefits for asthma. I seriously doubt it's a good idea to toke during an asthma attack, but otherwise it offers some advantages -- it's a mild immunosuppressant, it reduces inflammation, it has analgesic properties. (Other methods of delivery -- tinctures or edibles -- are probably a better idea for a typical asthma sufferer, but we're focusing on smoking here.)

Also, a typical smoker consumes anywhere between 10 and 20 cigarettes per day; that is extremely rare with cannabis smokers. Less than 20% of cannabis users consume on a daily basis in the first place (and many of them don't smoke it).

Oh, and cannabis is nowhere near as addictive as tobacco. A very small percentage of cannabis users become dependent, whereas nicotine is one of the most highly addictive drugs legal drugs out there.

Yes, it's true.

There are no epidemiological studies showing an increased rate of cancer or lung diseases for cannabis smokers (or other types of users).

Both cannabinoids and THC may offer therapeutic benefits for asthma. I seriously doubt it's a good idea to toke during an asthma attack, but otherwise it offers some advantages -- it's a mild immunosuppressant, it reduces inflammation, it has analgesic properties. (Other methods of delivery -- tinctures or edibles -- are probably a better idea for a typical asthma sufferer, but we're focusing on smoking here.)

Also, a typical smoker consumes anywhere between 10 and 20 cigarettes per day; that is extremely rare with cannabis smokers. Less than 20% of cannabis users consume on a daily basis in the first place (and many of them don't smoke it).

Oh, and cannabis is nowhere near as addictive as tobacco. A very small percentage of cannabis users become dependent, whereas nicotine is one of the most highly addictive drugs legal drugs out there.
I mean the liberals are very good at making the medical community fall in line. Doesn’t surprise me at all. Anything they say must be suspect if it aligns with left wing social agenda

Back
Top Bottom