• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

San Diego Mayor

roguenuke

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Okay, so I don't know how many people have heard about our mayor here, but he is in trouble for sexual harassment. In fact, they set up a hotline for people to call just to report whether they have been sexually harassed by the mayor, Bob Filner.
Sheriff's department sets up hotline for women to report Filner harassment claims | Fox News

Bob Filner Sexual Harassment Hotline Set Up By San Diego County Sheriff's Department

At first, when the allegations started, I felt it could just be someone looking to discredit the guy. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. But now, my opinion of him is he is just a douchebag.

This is his legal strategy:

Lawyer says city failed to provide San Diego mayor sexual harassment training - The Washington Post

Basically, he wants the people to pay for his defense because his lawyer says that the city didn't teach him how to treat women properly.

Really? I guess US Congress doesn't teach these things to representatives either since he was a US Representative for about 8 years.

Okay, so I don't know how many people have heard about our mayor here, but he is in trouble for sexual harassment. In fact, they set up a hotline for people to call just to report whether they have been sexually harassed by the mayor, Bob Filner.
Sheriff's department sets up hotline for women to report Filner harassment claims | Fox News

Bob Filner Sexual Harassment Hotline Set Up By San Diego County Sheriff's Department

At first, when the allegations started, I felt it could just be someone looking to discredit the guy. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. But now, my opinion of him is he is just a douchebag.

Lawyer says city failed to provide San Diego mayor sexual harassment training - The Washington Post

Basically, he wants the people to pay for his defense because his lawyer says that the city didn't teach him how to treat women properly.

Really? I guess US Congress doesn't teach these things to representatives either since he was a US Representative for about 8 years.

This guy, Weiner and Clinton should start a club.

OMG! Say it isn't so.

From the reports I've seen of this man's behaviour, I think Anthony Weiner would be an upgrade in the San Diego Mayor's office. Just watching him speak, I think I felt dirty and somewhat understood how women feel when some lecherous old fool tries to come on to them, particularly when that lecherous old fool is their boss.

As for his legal fees, most public institutions have insurance policies that pay for the legal fees a public official may incur when defending themselves against an action that took place when they were performing their duties. These policies do require, however, that you successfully defend yourself in court and you submit your bills after the court case has concluded and you've won. Otherwise, you're on your own.

At least here in Canada, a city council does not have the legal authority to use taxpayer dollars to pay for legal fees for one of its members - it can only use taxpayer dollars to purchase insurance that would cover its members in such situations, again, only if they are successful in defending themselves.

Seriously???? AYFKM????:2brickwal

Filner resigns.

and not one second too soon.

Now to get Wiener and his wiener to go back to being private citizen and private parts respectively.

Back
Top Bottom