• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Samuel Alito's leaked anti-abortion decision: Supreme Court doesn't plan to stop at Roe

Many Republicans have made it clear for decades that they want to return to the societal norms of the 50s. Anyone who thinks this stops at abortion is deluding themselves. They will 100% seek to revert same sex/interracial marriages in the name of "state's rights".
I wouldn't agree, because while their *legal theory* in this case would wipe out large amounts of rights and rulings, I think they're more driven by politics than any legal principles.

They have shown they are happy to ignore the law for politics - the most blatant example probably being when they ruled to steal the 2000 presidential election, but said in the ruling that the legal principles they used cannot be applied to any other case. Blatantly corrupt.

The reporting on this draft says that Alito strongly tried to say that their application of this principle is limited to abortion - so they're trying to have it both ways, with a broad legal principle but limiting their consistency on applying it.

Because if they had to be consistent, and started rolling back many other rights, the political impact could be devastating, and since this is about politics, they don't want to do that. But I could see SOME additional rights lost when politically convenient; I'm not sure gay marriage equality is worth the risk to them, but it might be at risk. I do think they'll feel free to reverse any decision they like, though, now that radicals have the votes.

Some people on Fox news made a montage of all these commie talking heads talking doom and gloom. Joy Behar was particularly hilarious.
Do you really believe this garbage?
C'mon, I though you were smart, commies!

Joy Behar and Whoopie were their usual nutty selves.

Back
Top Bottom