• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Same Question, Or Different Question

Oh, you want to play what if and avoid reality? Why didn't you say so.

A woman that has an abortion because she doesn't like the results isn't accepting the consequences.

It wouldn't bother me if every woman that chose to kill what they produced for convenience suffered the same end result of the innocent life they killed.

Legal abortion is 14 times safer than childbirth.

From PubMed:

CONCLUSION:
Legal induced abortion is markedly safer than childbirth. The risk of death associated with childbirth is approximately 14 times higher than that with abortion. Similarly, the overall morbidity associated with childbirth exceeds that with abortion.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22270271

Not for the child being aborted.

Not relevant to your post to which I was replying.

A woman that has an abortion because she doesn't like the results isn't accepting the consequences.

It wouldn't bother me if every woman that chose to kill what they produced for convenience suffered the same end result of the innocent life they killed.

Still not revelvant.

I am pro choice not pro abortion.

There is no difference if the choice you support involves an abortion taking place.

Let's put whether or not your pro choice or pro abortion to the test. If a woman chooses not to have an abortion and can't afford to support her child, a direct result of her choice, do you believe the rest of us should have the choice to not pay the taxes that provide that support?

You can't claim you're pro choice then deny choice where you don't like the one being made.

Well it's nice of you to admit that you hold no moral High Ground in this discussion.

Your hatred of women that dont behave the way you approve of is clear: you hope they die.

There is no difference if the choice you support involves an abortion taking place.

Let's put whether or not your pro choice or pro abortion to the test. If a woman chooses not to have an abortion and can't afford to support her child, a direct result of her choice, do you believe the rest of us should have the choice to not pay the taxes that provide that support?

You can't claim you're pro choice then deny choice where you don't like the one being made.

So then by your "logic", you are anti-woman. Since you would see women punished or dead by use of govt force of law to remain pregnant. That's what 'pro-life' really means then.

Cool. You should hold your head up high!

Wouldn't the exact same questions read something like this?

1) Are you pro-life, or pro-choice?

There are no other qualifying words the questions are straight forward. Pro life or pro choice. I'm pro choice.

Do I believe abortion should be outlawed or remain legal. Keep it legal it is the current law upheld by the supreme court.

What's all the debate?

This is consistent with pro-choice arguments. Just because someone is pro-choice doesnt mean they themselves will get an abortion, but want others to have the choice. If you are pro-life you are by definition against abortion.

Isn't that kinda' like saying I'm against hanging but the electric chair is ok? I didn't get the response either.

Are the below questions the exact same questions to you?

2) Do you believe abortion should be outlawed, or remain legal?
I agree with the pro-life verse pro-choice side of this ethical debate on most issues but on the balance feel that laws I've seen suggested to outlaw abortion are unenforceable outside the social domain.

So currently barring a strongly worded ticket equivalent of jaywalking, procedures which include counciling for would be mothers or a general hesitation on the part of medical associations. What are you going to do? There remains a right to choice and back alley abortions are worse. Throwing compassionate doctors in jail. Fining or punishing would be mothers who are closer to victims than perpetrators do nothing in my opinion to serve my ethical values behind my pro-life postion.

So yes, I find these profoundly different questions and debates.

So then by your "logic", you are anti-woman. Since you would see women punished or dead by use of govt force of law to remain pregnant. That's what 'pro-life' really means then.

Cool. You should hold your head up high!

Expecting a woman not to kill what her actions produced isn't anti-woman. If that's what you believe, it proves your anti personal responsibility.

I do hold my head up high. I'm not the one that thinks if you don't like what your choice produced you should be able to kill it because it's inconvenient to you.

Expecting a woman not to kill what her actions produced isn't anti-woman. If that's what you believe, it proves your anti personal responsibility.

I do hold my head up high. I'm not the one that thinks if you don't like what your choice produced you should be able to kill it because it's inconvenient to you.

Of course it is. You just disrespect women so much you dont care what happens to the women. Or would happen to our rights with the kind of govt oversight and rights violations it would take to make abortion illegal.

So yes, you are anti-women. And that is no moral High Ground...so keep sticking your head up higher and higher until someday, maybe, you can see the moral High Ground even if you cannot attain it. :lol:

Well it's nice of you to admit that you hold no moral High Ground in this discussion.

Your hatred of women that dont behave the way you approve of is clear: you hope they die.

It's not a matter of whether they do what I like. When one has abortion, they hope the life they created dies. Why should they or you have a problem is doing that produces the same result.

In other words, you admit to being a hypocrite.

It's not a matter of whether they do what I like. When one has abortion, they hope the life they created dies. Why should they or you have a problem is doing that produces the same result.

In other words, you admit to being a hypocrite.

Your post is incomprehensible...but I know what I've written and I'm certainly not a hypocrite.

Your post is incomprehensible...but I know what I've written and I'm certainly not a hypocrite.

You support a woman killing the innocent life her actions produces. Why do you have a problem is someone thinks she should suffer the same fate? If you do, you're a hypocrite.

Of course it is. You just disrespect women so much you dont care what happens to the women. Or would happen to our rights with the kind of govt oversight and rights violations it would take to make abortion illegal.

So yes, you are anti-women. And that is no moral High Ground...so keep sticking your head up higher and higher until someday, maybe, you can see the moral High Ground even if you cannot attain it. :lol:

I personally don't care what happens to a woman that chooses to kill the life she produced. She doesn't care about that life. Why should anyone care about hers?

You support a woman killing the innocent life her actions produces. Why do you have a problem is someone thinks she should suffer the same fate? If you do, you're a hypocrite.

I've already written very clearly that while I value the unborn, I value all born people more.

So you are 100% wrong about me being a hypocrite :lamo

I've already written very clearly that while I value the unborn, I value all born people more.

So you are 100% wrong about me being a hypocrite :lamo

That nonsense doesn't mean you're not a hypocrite. It's been proven you are. Can't run from it.

That nonsense doesn't mean you're not a hypocrite. It's been proven you are. Can't run from it.

Where's the proof? You were very clear. Your examples were the unborn and a woman.

Are you so deeply uninformed that you dont understand that distinction?

And then cannot put that together with my statement, which also makes that distinction? :lamo

How much deeper would you like to dig your hole? The one you've dug on 'vocabulary' has you nearly to China! :lamo

Here it is again, take your time, maybe you'll get it:

While I value the unborn, I value all born people more.

Birthing a child you cannot or will not care for or pawning it off on others to raise is not responsible. Abortion is very responsible.

Abortion would have made the Bible void, since John the Baptist leaped in his mothers womb when near pregnant Mary!

Birthing a child you cannot or will not care for or pawning it off on others to raise is not responsible. Abortion is very responsible.

Killing a child that you produced because you don't like the results of spreading your legs knowing what could occur isn't a responsible act.

One of the many reasons women have given for having an abortion is they don't want a child. What did they think they could produce when they spread their legs, a puppy?

Back
Top Bottom