• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Salting a steak... WTF is wrong with you people?

Well, like I said I've seen this method on youtube and other places and I keep thinking "Am I missing something"? So far the answer is... nope, just nasty steaks. As a rule I buy GOOD steaks, once in a while, since I now am on a higher protein diet I get some cheaper steaks for breakfast.

I use a little salt and pepper when cooking, and if it needs something later, a dash of garlic salt when eating I find a good thing, but that's just me. My preferred method is mesquite grilled, but I have mastered the pan seared steak action, it's quite good actually.

if you enjoy your cooked steak tasting bitter, then pepper it before it has finished cooking
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskCulinar...t_wrong_to_season_a_steak_with_pepper_before/

Our HEB has some garlic herb butter that melts BEAUTIFULLY on steak, I generally put that on when it's resting.
You are making me hungry.

not doing it for me with an overly salted steak
Lol. No, it was the talk of steak and butter.

I made a roast beef tenderloin for Christmas dinner a couple of years ago. SOO good, but sadly, it seems the people I surround myself with think beef is just death waiting to happen. Nothing ruins a good Christmas dinner like talk of how great boneless chicken breasts are. Never again.

Lol. No, it was the talk of steak and butter.

I made a roast beef tenderloin for Christmas dinner a couple of years ago. SOO good, but sadly, it seems the people I surround myself with think beef is just death waiting to happen. Nothing ruins a good Christmas dinner like talk of how great boneless chicken breasts are. Never again.

probably the same people who drink lite beer

a generation ago we would insist that 'the only taste he has is in his mouth' and he doesn't even have that today

Back
Top Bottom