• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Salmon

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
1494235991390551469.jpg

Talk to me people. How do you like your salmon prepared?

My favorite was to cook it is to smoke it over cherry wood at low temperature. Lightly seasoned with sea-salt from a grinder, pepper from a grinder, and a dusting of brown sugar.

Smoked salmon is an absolute treat in every way for me.

How about you? What's your recipe for delicious mouth watering salmon?

1494235991390551469.jpg

Talk to me people. How do you like your salmon prepared?

My favorite was to cook it is to smoke it over cherry wood at low temperature. Lightly seasoned with sea-salt from a grinder, pepper from a grinder, and a dusting of brown sugar.

Smoked salmon is an absolute treat in every way for me.

How about you? What's your recipe for delicious mouth watering salmon?

The only way I really like salmon is smoked. If it is wild, then I eat it as Sashimi as well, but prefer other fish.

I like it grilled or baked with mustard ( orange maybe) sauce and carrot potato salads.Salmon doesnt go well with sourish or hot taste or in my opinion

Last edited:
Simple recipe:
Salt and pepper the salmon, place it on tinfoil, top with butter and sliced onions, wrap it up and cook it.
Kids love it like that. You can use lemons instead of onions but everyone does lemons

When grilled, how do you season it?

I edited it.mustard orange honey sauce is good in salmon dishes.I make lemon hot pepper cranberry sauces to add to haddock sea bass and some other fish dishes.onion,garlic ,herbs are other flavors I like in them

Simple recipe:
Salt and pepper the salmon, place it on tinfoil, top with butter and sliced onions, wrap it up and cook it.
Kids love it like that. You can use lemons instead of onions but everyone does lemons

Onions????? On salmon???

You cooking in oven, or on grill?

"tasteless"???

I don't want tasteless. :lamo
salmon is a different kind of fish having a strong flavor .I usually prefer sea bass with lots of arugula and herbs lemon salads and create some different sauce recipes for it sometimes.ginger cherry or avocado cranberry sauces are my favorites

Onions????? On salmon???

You cooking in oven, or on grill?

Wrapped in foil baked in oven. Makes onions soft and sweet.
It's one of our cook quick meals that the kids love.
If I have time then using a cedar plank on the BBQ is a great way to go.
I also love blackened salmon, but wife/kids dont make it anymore :(

same easy recipe for grilled shrimp (only without the foil)

good olive oil, equal amount of fresh lemon juice, and diced garlic
coat the salmon and then cover in foil. skin side down
do NOT flip it; cook only the skin side down

grill until the flesh temperature reaches 140F

Back
Top Bottom