• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Salafi Islam and Why We Should Pay Attention to It

That first line is pretty priceless. As if taking context into account is somehow irrational, as opposed to ignoring it.
One need remember that this comes from the same wisdom fountain as the claim that originality of thought is worthless and personal experience equally so. Seeing how all and everything is available on the internet these days.

So don't argue any further when you're as intellectually over-soared as here. :mrgreen:
Are you actually going to quote anything?
That's the problem with this information age, finding something appropriate to one's own agenda can be a bummer. And finding the same from a reputable source can be totally over-powering to some.

The Quran puts an immense weight on treaty. Either a body of non-believers are under treaty with the Muslims, or they are at war. The form of those treaties has varied widely throughout history, and characterize them all as an attempt to subdue is gross oversimplification. Just look at the Treaty of Tripoli for an example of a treaty in which the non-believer was never subdued.
Well, okay, seeing the problems outlined above that some suffer, I offer you

Daaa...................daaaa

the Mahdi's revolt against Anglo-Egyptian influence and decades after the Treaty of Tripoli at that.

Yeah, I know, totally out of context. But then we've just learned that context is nothing.:mrgreen:

One need remember that this comes from the same wisdom fountain as the claim that originality of thought is worthless and personal experience equally so. Seeing how all and everything is available on the internet these days.

So don't argue any further when you're as intellectually over-soared as here. :mrgreen:
That's the problem with this information age, finding something appropriate to one's own agenda can be a bummer. And finding the same from a reputable source can be totally over-powering to some.

Well, okay, seeing the problems outlined above that some suffer, I offer you

Daaa...................daaaa

the Mahdi's revolt against Anglo-Egyptian influence and decades after the Treaty of Tripoli at that.

Yeah, I know, totally out of context. But then we've just learned that context is nothing.:mrgreen:

It is you taking those words out of context. The original thought applies to Islam and its make up plainly explained in Islamic literature. That a new idea for an unchanging ideology applies is ridiculous. It is a distraction.

If you wish to dispute what Islam says, let's do it. If you want to say excuses and apologies are somehow original thought you should find another thread.

And the personal experience, a lot of people do not survive to tell us about it.

another endless loop of the same tape, no doubt.

another endless loop of the same tape, no doubt.

As your response adds to anything? There is another thread discussing statistics in Islam. I can't get any answer. Do you have the time, or are you going to acknowledge someone you have on ignore with hit and run tactics?

more of the same loop? attention sought by quoting posts.

Sad really.

more of the same loop? attention sought by quoting posts.

Sad really.

And you posting right after? What you are doing adds nothing, like usual.

Aw have the last word if you can knock yerself out on that.

I'm off to read something of substance.:2wave:

Aw have the last word if you can knock yerself out on that.

I'm off to read something of substance.:2wave:

Then there is no chance you wrote it. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom