• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Saddam's WOMD tapes..........

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Why isn't our news media saying anything about the audio tapes released the other day with Saddam begging about having or acquiring WOMD and the damge they could do?

Just maybe this nutcase had the WOMD and was planning to use them at his first opportunity and all the naysayers and Bush Haters would have egg on their face..........

Nah.........:roll:

Navy Pride said:
Why isn't our news media saying anything about the audio tapes released the other day with Saddam begging about having or acquiring WOMD and the damge they could do?

Just maybe this nutcase had the WOMD and was planning to use them at his first opportunity and all the naysayers and Bush Haters would have egg on their face..........

Nah.........:roll:

Why does it matter to you so much, Navy?

Middleground said:
Why does it matter to you so much, Navy?

It matters so much to me because people on you on the far left have been saying all along that Saddam Had no WOMD nor was not trying to get any and it was wrong to take him out...........

Navy Pride said:
The contents have been released.......The guy that translated the tapes was on Hannity today and they played some of the transcript.........

Only bits and pieces have been released. The entire bunch is set to be released this weekend at the Intelligence Summit. Simon Moon is planning on attending and has indicated that he will post what he finds out.

oldreliable67 said:
Only bits and pieces have been released. The entire bunch is set to be released this weekend at the Intelligence Summit. Simon Moon is planning on attending and has indicated that he will post what he finds out.

Not that I was ever in doubt but the excerpts I heard today reinforced my belief that taking Saddam out was the right thing to do....

Thank you President Bush........

oldreliable67 said:
Simon Moon is planning on attending and has indicated that he will post what he finds out.

I've not received my registration verification yet, so there's a possibility my entrance may be restricted.

Simon W. Moon said:
I've not received my registration verification yet, so there's a possibility my entrance may be restricted.

Horse shiit. Let no barriers impede your mission. I too am very curious about the contents of these tapes and what is going to be released. It will surely be the buzz in the media.

"Government investigators are trying to determine how 12 hours of tape recordings of Saddam Hussein and his aides, acquired by U.S. personnel in Iraq, got into the hands of the organizers of a private "intelligence summit" to be held in D.C. next weekend."

"House Intelligence Committee chairman Pete Hoekstra is reviewing transcripts to determine if U.S. officials missed WMD evidence after the war. But intel agencies are skeptical. The tapes were taken without permission from an FBI-run translation center, officials say, and are years old. Two government officials, requesting anonymity because of the sensitive subject, say the tapes in no way prove that WMD stockpiles or programs existed at the time of the U.S. invasion or were moved to another country before U.S. troops arrived."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11299205/site/newsweek/

Binary_Digit said:
"Government investigators are trying to determine how 12 hours of tape recordings of Saddam Hussein and his aides, acquired by U.S. personnel in Iraq, got into the hands of the organizers of a private "intelligence summit" to be held in D.C. next weekend."

"House Intelligence Committee chairman Pete Hoekstra is reviewing transcripts to determine if U.S. officials missed WMD evidence after the war. But intel agencies are skeptical. The tapes were taken without permission from an FBI-run translation center, officials say, and are years old. Two government officials, requesting anonymity because of the sensitive subject, say the tapes in no way prove that WMD stockpiles or programs existed at the time of the U.S. invasion or were moved to another country before U.S. troops arrived."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11299205/site/newsweek/

Be careful what you believe and what "officials" say. There are implications of other countries with regards to WMD in Iraq. Implications that are best left out of the international public's vision.

GySgt said:
Horse shiit. Let no barriers impede your mission. I too am very curious about the contents of these tapes and what is going to be released. It will surely be the buzz in the media.

I'm going early to make sure I have a spot. It clearly says open to the public, yet there's registration of some sort. Even the free registration is $50 if you register at the door.

Simon W. Moon said:
I'm going early to make sure I have a spot. It clearly says open to the public, yet there's registration of some sort. Even the free registration is $50 if you register at the door.

Figures. Nothing is free. It's just a nice word to throw around to entice the crowds. As long as the media hounds are present, it will be covered, though once it gets to the networks it will be loaded with opinionated reports.

GySgt said:
Be careful what you believe and what "officials" say.
Oh, I'm witholding judgment until after the summit tomorrow. Lots of people on both sides could stand to take your advice on "officials". Just pointing out there may be a good reason not to get any hopes up about these tapes.

Binary_Digit said:
Oh, I'm witholding judgment until after the summit tomorrow. Lots of people on both sides could stand to take your advice on "officials". Just pointing out there may be a good reason not to get any hopes up about these tapes.

You may be right. I'd be surprised if they release everything anyway.

Because if they don't release everything, the administration still has an Ace in the hole to dupe the few remaining Bush huggers. "We can't tell you everything, you just have to trust us."

Binary_Digit said:
Because if they don't release everything, the administration still has an Ace in the hole to dupe the few remaining Bush huggers. "We can't tell you everything, you just have to trust us."

There is also a more deeper issue. Implications of other Muslim countries and some allied countries would not be prudent right now.

GySgt said:
You may be right. I'd be surprised if they release everything anyway.

And the original FBI interpreter is saying that ABC changed the official version to one that makes Saddam look less threatening. See thread in Media Bias.

GySgt said:
There is also a more deeper issue. Implications of other Muslim countries and some allied countries would not be prudent right now.
But this would be different. Instead of Bush labeling them as "axiis of evil" it would be Hussein himself implicating them right? It's not like we would be making accusations based on secret intel nobody else knows about, it'd be coming straight from the former Iraqi leadership. How could anyone hold that against us?

Binary_Digit said:
But this would be different. Instead of Bush labeling them as "axiis of evil" it would be Hussein himself implicating them right? It's not like we would be making accusations based on secret intel nobody else knows about, it'd be coming straight from the former Iraqi leadership. How could anyone hold that against us?

You're missing my point. Remember last year when the Marines unearthed bunkers the size of football fields? There were a "few" such findings scattered in the Al-Anbar Province. Along with conventional weapons, there was other equipment and documents found that point towards other countries. None of this has made the news.

Currently, we are at war in Iraq and in Afghanistan, we are conducting warfare and training foreign troops in Chad, Ethiopia, Georgia, and Indonesia to fight their Radical elements, and we are spying on extremist camps in Bosnia and Pakistan.

We do not need the implications of other countries (enemy or allied) to be an issue for us right now. Especially, because we are receiving very little help. This is why I am very curious about the contents of these tapes and what will be held back from international focus. Bush has been taking a beating since this all began, because he has had to. I keep saying..."there is a bigger picture."

Last edited:
It's the lack of concrete evidence like what this may provide that's the reason we are recieving "very little help" in Iraq. I can't think of anything that would solidify our case to the world better than what is slated to be on these tapes. You want to keep things secret so we don't **** anyone off, I think it's a little too late for that.

Binary_Digit said:
It's the lack of concrete evidence like what this may provide that's the reason we are recieving "very little help" in Iraq. I can't think of anything that would solidify our case to the world better than what is slated to be on these tapes. You want to keep things secret so we don't **** anyone off, I think it's a little too late for that.

Even if it forces us to have to deal with countries that we don't want to deal with right now?

Binary_Digit said:

It's not concrete evidence that is the problem. It's because alot of other countries had secret financial interests in Iraq and we came in and fudged all that up for them.

GySgt said:
Even if it forces us to have to deal with countries that we don't want to deal with right now?
That depends on how you define "deal with." We don't necessarily have to go to war over everything. I say expose the treacherous scum, and the world opinion should eventually follow.

Gitdog said:
It's not concrete evidence that is the problem. It's because alot of other countries had secret financial interests in Iraq and we came in and fudged all that up for them.
Yes, that's part of it. Russia, France, and Germany have some housecleaning to do. But their people still oppose the war, not because they lost out on a shady deal with Iraq, but because the pre-war justifications seem to be missing.

[QUOTEThat depends on how you define "deal with." We don't necessarily have to go to war over everything. I say expose the treacherous scum, and the world opinion should eventually follow.][/QUOTE]

Yeah we waited on Bin Laden with the Talaban in Afghanistan and we know what happened......I listened to some of those excepts from the tapes and they were really chilling...................He was very interested in using bio and chemical weapons here in the U.S. and bragged about doing so......

We don't ever have to worry about him doing that now thanks to President Bush........

Back
Top Bottom