• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Saddam's capture staged?

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Sergeant Nadim Abou Rabeh, who participated in the operation that netted Saddam, was quoted in the Saudi newspaper "Al-Medina" saying that the Iraqi leader was actually captured the day before and that "the public version of his capture was fabricated." The entire event was apparently choreographed by a Pentagon public relations team.

"I was among the 20 man unitwho searched for Saddam for 3 days in the area of Dour near Tikrit, and we found him in a modest home in a small village and not in a hole as announced," Rabeh admitted. (UPI )

"Not in a hole"? You mean Saddam actually stood up and faced American Marines?

"WE CAPTURED HIM AFTER FIECE RESISTANCE DURING WHICH A MARINE OF SUDANESE ORGIN WAS KILLED," he said.

Uh, oh. This could be trouble. After all, the American version presented Saddam as trembling coward cringing in his spider-hole afraid to face the American warriors. Now, Rabeh is saying that he stood and fought "like a man". This is not the image that the Washington spin-meisters wanted to convey. They wanted to humiliate the deposed tyrant by showing him recoiling from the American ubermenschen. That way they could show the virtuousness of the invasion and bolster the importance of the White House chicken-hawks who follow the campaign from their bunkers on the Potomac.

Unfortunately, the entire story turned out to be bogus. Saddam may be a genocidal maniac, but anyone who knows the details of his personal history, knows he's no coward. He scaled the ranks of the Ba'ath party through audacity, coercion and treachery. No one gets to the top spot on the Ba'ath food chain through squeamishness. The portrayal of Saddam as disoriented and fearful is pure performance-art; just like the suggestion that he was living underground is probably just a sham. (That part always seemed fishy) Most likely, he was drugged and dumped in the "spider-hole" to meet the requirements of (Bush's) Hollywood production team. In fact, members of the Kurdish Peshmerga, who were operating in the vicinity at the time, disputed the administration's sketchy narrative from the get-go. Their story was much more consistent with Sergeant Rabeh's.

http://www.counterpunch.org/whitney03112005.html

The other conspriracy theory is that Saddam had been captured and detained prior to his "official" capture.

Last edited:
intresting

would there be any way to validate this claim?

scottyz said:

The other conspriracy theory is that Saddam had been captured and detained prior to his "official" capture.

Another story has been leaked that Saddam actually paratrooped into the white house. Saddam has been known for his stealth and commando wit. As George and Laura woke up Saddam covered with blood from the secret service agents he killed with a knife on the roof was willing to negotiate. George with no choice offered Saddam a deal and a show trial. The brave Saddam agreed to take the wrap for his people in Iraq that he so dearly loves, knowing that even with all of his cleverness he is no match for the great satan Bush. The real story has been sealed by the CIA for the next 100 years, but the legend of Saddam will never die.

realist said:
Another story has been leaked that Saddam actually paratrooped into the white house. Saddam has been known for his stealth and commando wit. As George and Laura woke up Saddam covered with blood from the secret service agents he killed with a knife on the roof was willing to negotiate. George with no choice offered Saddam a deal and a show trial. The brave Saddam agreed to take the wrap for his people in Iraq that he so dearly loves, knowing that even with all of his cleverness he is no match for the great satan Bush. The real story has been sealed by the CIA for the next 100 years, but the legend of Saddam will never die.

hahaha:rofl

Wow. This is the type of garbage that encourages false perceptions against us to the Middle Eastern civilization. Radical Islamists are winning the IO Campaign with the Muslim masses via savvy use of Radical Islamic print, radio, television and Internet sources.

Then there is our own people that parade this type of garbage around, because their political masters demand it. Scottyz continues to show his allegiance to "truth" and contriversey. :roll:

Incidentally, the non-combative way of fighting this Radical Islamic tactic is to use the media indirectly to show other truths. Of course, with our traitorous media, who is quick to reveal that Marines are working with Muslim Clerics and Muslim media outlets to speak to the Muslim people in order to present a different and more truthful representation of events, they are exposed as doing something "dirty" and under handed. The very constructive weapons of our enemy is denied to our own troops who are in harms way. Way to go.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
Wow. This is the type of garbage that encourages false perceptions against us to the Middle Eastern civilization. Radical Islamists are winning the IO Campaign with the Muslim masses via savvy use of Radical Islamic print, radio, television and Internet sources.

Then there is our own people that parade this type of garbage around, because their political masters demand it. Scottyz continues to show his allegiance to "truth" and contriversey. :roll:

Incidentally, the non-combative way of fighting this Radical Islamic tactic is to use the media indirectly to show other truths. Of course, with our traitorous media, who is quick to reveal that Marines are working with Muslim Clerics and Muslim media outlets to speak to the Muslim people in order to present a different and more truthful representation of events, they are exposed as doing something "dirty" and under handed. The very constructive weapons of our enemy is denied to our own troops who are in harms way. Way to go.
Oh yes.. The world is coming to an end because Scottyz posted a story in the Conspiracy Theories forum..... :roll: :shock: It didn't make Gysgts political masters happy :boohoo:

scottyz said:
Oh yes.. The world is coming to an end because Scottyz posted a story in the Conspiracy Theories forum..... :roll: :shock: It didn't make Gysgts political masters happy :boohoo:

I have no political masters. To the intelligent of this site...this has been obvious. Truth and reality is where I swim. You swim anywhere that will allow you to bash what you have proven to not understand. Perhaps you just don't like looking in the mirror and realizing that there isn't much difference between you and the Radical Islamists who also use contriversey and trumped up stories to further their desease.

GySgt said:
I have no political masters. To the intelligent of this site...this has been obvious. Truth and reality is where I swim. You swim anywhere that will allow you to bash what you have proven to not understand. Perhaps you just don't like looking in the mirror and realizing that there isn't much difference between you and the Radical Islamists who also use contriversey and trumped up stories to further their desease.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl no political masters? get real. You're one of the most blatantly politically biased people on this site. The fact that you can't see it shows you only swim in your own delusions. As the person who seems to be against a free press or people posting things he doesn't agree with it sounds like you have a lot in common with the Radical Islamists yourself. Do you know what a conspiracy theory is? Do you know why I posted it here and not in the forums where legitimate news goes? It's sad that I even have to ask.

Controversy....

Last edited:
scottyz said:
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl no political masters? get real. You're one of the most blatantly politically biased people on this site. The fact that you can't see it shows you only swim in your own delusions. As the person who seems to be against a free press or people posting things he doesn't agree with it sounds like you have a lot in common with the Radical Islamists yourself.

Controversy....

This could have easily been Clinton who took on the endeavor that military analysts, social reformists, and Middle eastern experts have been forcasting to deaf ears since the Reagan era. It has nothing to do with the political views of the individual President. The next President (Democrat or Republican) will continue what was started, because to ignore it will be a disaster. The reality of the Middle East does not depend on a political party. So much for a political master.

Ignorance.

GySgt said:
This could have easily been Clinton who took on the endeavor that military analysts, social reformists, and Middle eastern experts have been forcasting to deaf ears since the Reagan era. It has nothing to do with the political views of the individual President. The next President (Democrat or Republican) will continue what was started, because to ignore it will be a disaster. The reality of the Middle East does not depend on a political party. So much for a political master.

Ignorance.
GySgt said:
I don't think he's done anything wrong. He's done what he's had to do. I suspect there is plenty not revealed, but take heart - the Democratic Party will continue to dig and damage.

GySgt said:
The Democratic Party care more about the election than your securities. "Constitutional Rights" is merely a tool used by the weaker political Party for the weaker minded Americans that need something to cling to because they do not understand the reality of the Middle East. It is a diversion and you are falling for it just like you probably fell for everything in the beginning.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=6966&page=2&highlight=democrats

GySgt said:
Aw yes. The hypocritical cry of the Global left. They always try so hard to exonerate their weaknesses and slothfullness by pointing out mistakes of the active.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=6602&page=3&highlight=democrats

GySgt said:
The problem is that the Democrats will pull out all stops to show as much contriversey as possible to secure an election.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=5568&page=6&highlight=democrats

GySgt said:
I've been wanting to write a commentary on the "liberal establishment" and the global left. I'm sure we would see pissed off then.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=5352&page=8&highlight=democrats

GySgt said:
Originally Posted by ******
Remember the first two phrases of the Liberal Handbook...

1) Jesus Christ!...God dammit!...Stop talking about religion!

2) I have the freedom to say whatever I want to!...So shut up!

Posted by GySgt
It's funny, cuz it's true.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=5352&page=9&highlight=democrats

GySgt said:
Like I said...old hat. Our entire history and endeavors around the globe are wiped away for the sake of the global left needing to use American screw ups to exonerate their slothfullness.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?p=184488&highlight=global+left#post184488

GySgt said:
There's nothing to stop them. Just like there is nothing to stop many of the others that have been released that we knew were agents of terror. Isn't this what the global left been wanting? Accuse them of a crime or release them?
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?p=184488&highlight=global+left#post184488

GySgt said:
Sadly, these are the words the global left cling to in order to exonerate their morals. All the while claiming to be the voices of moral conscience, by the way.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=175873&postcount=147

GySgt said:
the global left all point fingers. A pessimist offers no solutions...only criticisms and the need for failure.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=175641&postcount=141

GySgt said:
"Should some murders be legal?"

Yes.

I propose that the planet has been overpopulated by the global left and need to be controlled.

"It's liberal season."
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=141856&postcount=23

scottyz said:

haha. You poor thing. Great words and very true to reality. I do not like the Global left. It has nothing to do with any kind of allegiance to political masters, but in your world the line is drawn between the left and the right. No one can exist between. I vote pro military. But like I said...this could have easily been a Democratic President that could have chosen to act on two decades of professional reports and analysis and done the right thing. The reality of the Middle East has nothing to do with an American Political party. If Clinton had decided to do the right thing, it would be the Republican Party acting like irresponsible morons much like they did during the Lewinsky scandal and he would have had my support like he did for Somalia and Bosnia (despite his half assing it.)

Again....so much for political masters.:roll:

Last edited:
GySgt said:
haha. You poor thing. Great words and very true to reality. I do not like the Global left. It has nothing to do with any kind of allegiance to political masters, but in your world the line is drawn between the left and the right. No one can exist between. I vote pro military. But like I said...this could have easily been a Democratic President that could have chosen to act on two decades of professional reports and analysis and done the right thing. The reality of the Middle East has nothing to do with an American Political party. If Clinton had decided to do the right thing, it would be the Republican Party acting like irresponsible morons much like they did during the Lewinsky scandal and he would have had my support like he did for Somalia and Bosnia (despite his half assing it.)

Again....so much for political masters.:roll:

Ummm... he has a good point actually Gunney.
Those posts do look kinda biased for the man who isn't biased.

Caine said:
Ummm... he has a good point actually Gunney.
Those posts do look kinda biased for the man who isn't biased.

Of course they appear to be bias. I do not like the Global Left. There is no secret there. I have written commentaries on the subject. I believe they are humanity's worse lot of hypocrits. This doesn't mean I serve a different Political Party's agenda. The Republican party is just as clueless into the Middle East as their counterparts. Like I said..If Clinton had done the right thing when he had the chance...it would be the Republicans acting like morons.

Now.....find where I routinely praise and glorify another Political Party while bashing another and you have bias. Just because an individual comments on the truths of a Political Party does not mean he is enslaved to an other.

A person that is enslaved to political masters is an individual that continues to post anything imaginable against a President and his Party while praising another.

scottyz said:

The scary thing here is that this would not surprise me at all. The armed forces has a very very good psychological operations unit in Iraq. Amoung their better known jobs are the staging of the destruction of the saddam statue and the Jessica Lynch portrayal verus what actually happened.

I'm going to assume that most of you know what I'm referring to. If you don't, do ask. I'll point out some articles of what was done.

I'm not going to say that the armed forces in wrong for doing this. There is a good reason for it, but it is very annoying to say the least.

kcasper said:
The scary thing here is that this would not surprise me at all. The armed forces has a very very good psychological operations unit in Iraq. Amoung their better known jobs are the staging of the destruction of the saddam statue and the Jessica Lynch portrayal verus what actually happened.

I'm going to assume that most of you know what I'm referring to. If you don't, do ask. I'll point out some articles of what was done.

I'm not going to say that the armed forces in wrong for doing this. There is a good reason for it, but it is very annoying to say the least.

Complete garbage. A 3rd LAV unit that was attached to 3rd Battalion 4th Marines, which is a permanent attachment to 7th Marines pulled the Saddam statue down. This was done on the whim of the individual Marines that were present. The individual Marines were facing some trouble over this, because we under orders not to deface any statues or parade our American flag around. Since before the invasion, we were to be seen as "liberators" not "conquerers." Until it came down from higher than General Mattis to let it go, these Marines and their chain of command was nervous.

I know this because I was the Wire Chief in Communications Platoon for 7th Marines Regiment and was located just inside the Southern part of Baghdad when the event occured and since I'm a Field Communicator, I saw the event unfold through radio transmission, SIPRNET, and staff meetings. What is annoying is reading innacurate garbage like your post which is based on innaccurate portrayals on internet sites, because individuals cannot live without the notion that a conspiracy is afoot.

Oh but wait...it must be true, because you read some articles. 10 posts and you already made a fool of yourself. Not a good start. :roll:

Last edited:
GySgt said:
Complete garbage. A 3rd LAV unit that was attached to 3rd Battalion 4th Marines, which is a permanent attachment to 7th Marines pulled the Saddam statue down. This was done on the whim of the individual Marines that were present. The individual Marines were facing some trouble over this, because we under orders not to deface any statues or parade our American flag around. Since before the invasion, we were to be seen as "liberators" not "conquerers." Until it came down from higher than General Mattis to let it go, these Marines and their chain of command was nervous.

I know this because I was the Wire Chief in Communications Platoon for 7th Marines Regiment and was located just inside the Southern part of Baghdad when the event occured and since I'm a Field Communicator, I saw the event unfold through radio transmission, SIPRNET, and staff meetings. What is annoying is reading innacurate garbage like your post which is based on innaccurate portrayals on internet sites, because individuals cannot live without the notion that a conspiracy is afoot.

Oh but wait...it must be true, because you read some articles. 10 posts and you already made a fool of yourself. Not a good start. :roll:

That is odd. The army's own official account doesn't agree with you. I've read this is a dozen newspapers, seen it mentioned on CNN, etc. Stop lashing out simply because you don't like the idea. It is rude.

article link

U.S. military, not Iraqis, behind toppling of statue

By David Zucchino
Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Army's internal study of the war in Iraq criticizes some efforts by its own psychological operations (PSYOP) units, but one spur-of-the-moment effort last year produced the most memorable image of the invasion.

While the April 9, 2003, toppling of a statue of Saddam in Firdos Square in Baghdad seemed from TV images to be the spontaneous work of joyous Iraqis, a new report indicates U.S. Marines initiated the work and an Army psychological operations unit encouraged the civilians to participate.

After the colonel — who was not named in the report — selected the statue as a "target of opportunity," the PSYOP team used loudspeakers to encourage Iraqi civilians to assist, according to an account by a PSYOP team member.

But Marines had draped an American flag over the statue's face. "God bless them, but we were thinking from PSYOP school that this was just bad news," the PSYOP member wrote in the report. "We didn't want to look like an occupation force, and some of the Iraqis were saying, 'No, we want an Iraqi flag!' "

Someone produced an Iraqi flag, and a PSYOP sergeant quickly replaced the American flag. Ultimately, a Marine recovery vehicle toppled the statue with a chain, but the effort appeared to be Iraqi-inspired because the PSYOP team had managed to pack the vehicle with cheering Iraqi children.

kcasper said:
That is odd. The army's own official account doesn't agree with you. I've read this is a dozen newspapers, seen it mentioned on CNN, etc. Stop lashing out simply because you don't like the idea. It is rude.

article link

U.S. military, not Iraqis, behind toppling of statue

By David Zucchino
Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Army's internal study of the war in Iraq criticizes some efforts by its own psychological operations (PSYOP) units, but one spur-of-the-moment effort last year produced the most memorable image of the invasion.

While the April 9, 2003, toppling of a statue of Saddam in Firdos Square in Baghdad seemed from TV images to be the spontaneous work of joyous Iraqis, a new report indicates U.S. Marines initiated the work and an Army psychological operations unit encouraged the civilians to participate.

After the colonel — who was not named in the report — selected the statue as a "target of opportunity," the PSYOP team used loudspeakers to encourage Iraqi civilians to assist, according to an account by a PSYOP team member.

But Marines had draped an American flag over the statue's face. "God bless them, but we were thinking from PSYOP school that this was just bad news," the PSYOP member wrote in the report. "We didn't want to look like an occupation force, and some of the Iraqis were saying, 'No, we want an Iraqi flag!' "

Someone produced an Iraqi flag, and a PSYOP sergeant quickly replaced the American flag. Ultimately, a Marine recovery vehicle toppled the statue with a chain, but the effort appeared to be Iraqi-inspired because the PSYOP team had managed to pack the vehicle with cheering Iraqi children.

First...what do you expect from the Army? Creating controversey, creating exxagerated reports, and complaining is what they do.

Second, what makes the above a stage? It was Marines that decided to pull the statue down, because Iraqis were pulling other smaller statues down everywhere else. Iraqis jumped on the band wagon and got involved. A Marine placed an American flag on the statue, but this was replaced with an Iraqi one, because the Marines involved were quickly corrected to what they had done. What occurred after that was as simple as what happened. There was no "staging" of events. What the Army likes to do is over analyze everything in order to put it into a perspective to learn from. They do it all of the time. PSYOP, in particular, always introduces the event as some grand planned brain child of the involved participants. Funny how the Army's stories always place them as the leaders behind every event.

Incidentally...the Army also has written an over analyzed report on how supply routes are vulnerable. They took this obvious and rediculous route to introduce a more "proffessional" perspective on what actually occurred on the invasions western flank because of their over zealousy to get to Baghdad before the Marine Corps and they out ran their own supply trains, despite the fact that their first area of oppostition wasn't until they almost reached Baghdad.

So...I'd scrutinize what you read from the Army a little better before you pass things off as "official" truth. The same goes for when an Army general gets on television and acts like he is the end all be all of all that is going on.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
Incidentally...the Army also has written an over analyzed report on how supply routes are vulnerable. They took this obvious and rediculous route to introduce a more "proffessional" perspective on what actually occurred on the invasions western flank because of their over zealousy to get to Baghdad before the Marine Corps and they out ran their own supply trains, despite the fact that their first area of oppostition wasn't until they almost reached Baghdad.

So...I'd scrutinize what you read from the Army a little better before you pass things off as "official" truth. The same goes for when an Army general gets on television and acts like he is the end all be all of all that is going on.
OMG The top paragraph of the above quote is SO true....lol

As a member of the 82nd ABN during the Invasion, we were supposed to wait until 3rd ID got on the outskirts of Baghdad and then parachute in and secure the Baghdad International Airport. Of course, our original plan got screwed because 3rd ID was having alot of problems keeping thier rear secured, so instead of parachuting in, (which was found out to be un necessary anyways), the 82nd ABN mission became supply route defenders.

We ended up getting into some problems im Samawah, which was an area already passed through by 3rd ID. Those ****ing idiots.

Anyways, Karl Zinsmeister wrote a book about my Brigade's efforts in Samawah, called "Boots on the Ground"

I'm not sure about Saddam's capture being staged, although there is evidence to suggest that. We do know, however, that Osama bin Laden died back in 2001, and all video and audio supposedly from him was either hoaxed or, in all probability, archived by (insert guilty party here) for later use. After all, how lucky for King George II that Osama should run his big mouth off right before the 2004 elections.

Oh, yeah, if you don't believe me about the "Osama died in 2001" thing: http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/osama_dead.html

Saddam Hussein's capture was conducted to full specification for a true capture of a twisted, deshevilled man. ala Adolf Hitler - except without the sense to cap himself just to finish off the trail of sin. deposed ballsy dictators have a tendency to turn *****, when in fact, they're assholes...hehe...love team america...the movie, not the reality.

Back
Top Bottom