• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sad to see Lou Holtz endorse Donald Trump

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I'm no Notre Dame fan but I always thought Holtz was a man of integrity. Holtz talked about his own military service. So how can he endorse a man who used a fake medical excuse to avoid serving his country? How can he endorse a man who lies all the time about even the most petty things? How can endorse a man who takes no responsibility?

He said one of the key things for a leader is to love those he leads. Trump? Love? LOL

Anyway, it was very sad. I'll chalk it up to dementia or he's just one of those hardcore Catholics who would vote for the devil if he said he would end abortion.

I'm no Notre Dame fan but I always thought Holtz was a man of integrity. Holtz talked about his own military service. So how can he endorse a man who used a fake medical excuse to avoid serving his country? How can he endorse a man who lies all the time about even the most petty things? How can endorse a man who takes no responsibility?

He said one of the key things for a leader is to love those he leads. Trump? Love? LOL

Anyway, it was very sad. I'll chalk it up to dementia or he's just one of those hardcore Catholics who would vote for the devil if he said he would end abortion.

I don't think Holtz gives a flying fig what you think. Holtz has a stellar reputation of being a very good man and well respected. His speech tonight was well measured on how he has approached all things in his life. Three words, trust, commitment and love.

Its' all tranactional. I mean nobody is gonna trust Trump, but AFAIK the GOP's money is still good. Money or kickbacks of some kind go a long way with most folks. For the GOP's fabulously wealthy, money is all there is....

I always thought this was some brilliant album art, and every bit as apropos today as ever....

in-god-we-trust-inc-8001.jpg

The sad thing is, I think many of them don't even realize the hold their wealth has got on them; what we own, in reality owns us, all too often....

I don't think Holtz gives a flying fig what you think. Holtz has a stellar reputation of being a very good man and well respected. His speech tonight was well measured on how he has approached all things in his life. Three words, trust, commitment and love.

How do those words relate to Donald Trump, please be specific and site soruces?

How do those words relate to Donald Trump, please be specific and site soruces?

Lou Holtz tonight in his speech did explain how those three words he applied to President Trump. If you want a source, go find his speech he gave tonight.

Lou Holtz tonight in his speech did explain how those three words he applied to President Trump. If you want a source, go find his speech he gave tonight.

Oh, so he lied, got it....:lamo

So Lou Holtz does something you dont like and you decide to throw insults at him?

Another shining example of lefty "tolerance."

Why would any military man of integrity want Biden as Commander in Chief?

Why would any military man of integrity want Biden as Commander in Chief?

And you don't see the irony of this ludicrous statement?

D1lKlZOXgAIX_6y.jpg

OK, fine, just to be nice, I will explain.

Commander "Bone Spurs" AKA "Bunker Boy", a man of unearned wealth and privilidge, who has NO family members who've served...

VS, former VP, father of a decorated Iraq war veteran...

On second though, nevermind, I realize how futile this is, I'm not a qualified cult deprogrammer.... :cool:

Glad to know we have a forum Jester in this thread.

And you don't see the irony of this ludicrous statement?

D1lKlZOXgAIX_6y.jpg

OK, fine, just to be nice, I will explain.

Commander "Bone Spurs" AKA "Bunker Boy", a man of unearned wealth and privilidge, who has NO family members who've served...

VS, former VP, father of a decorated Iraq war veteran...

On second though, nevermind, I realize how futile this is, I'm not a qualified cult deprogrammer.... :cool:

Just keep telling yourself "only 68 more days of this madness". It helps.
This does too...

Countdown to Jan 20, 2021 in Washington DC, District of Columbia

Glad to know we have a forum Jester in this thread.

Yeah, imagine anyone ACTUALLY believing Trump is a fit POTUS, it's ludicrous! You are a funny guy, now seriously, I mean you hate Biden, I get that, but you are just putting us on about believeing Trump is a good CiC for the military? Cuz if you're not....:screwy

Yeah, imagine anyone ACTUALLY believing Trump is a fit POTUS, it's ludicrous! You are a funny guy, now seriously, I mean you hate Biden, I get that, but you are just putting us on about believeing Trump is a good CiC for the military? Cuz if you're not....:screwy

Did I say he was fit?

Do you really think the Joe Dementia Biden is fit?

Do you want someone with some obvious cognitive problem, in charge of the nuclear football?

Back
Top Bottom