• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sad state of The forth Branch of Government.

Diving Mullah

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I travel a lot and one fun hobby of mine is to compare how different news agencies and institutions treat news in different country differently. One thing that I often notice is disasters, no other country but US does this..... For example...."50,000 people died in the Tsunami that was initiated in mid Pacific and hit the Indianan, among them 3 Americans!" Somehow the news of 50,000 people dying is not as sad as 3 Americans dying. Now you could argue the merits of this...but that is not the issue, another thing that I noticed is how the content of the news is actually different. below are some great examples...

6402664097_78db7c467a_z.jpg

6402664189_9b677771e2_z.jpg

6402664363_468370d59e_z.jpg

6402664315_a877a06e31_z.jpg

6402664409_e51d14746b_z.jpg

I'm sure these decisions about the cover of a magazine are not done lightly, but generally given the sad state of magazines in this country, I can see those decisions were in error, and I'm just wondering is the fool following the blind the or the fool telling the blind where to go!!!

Diving Mullah

This is a country that watches Honey Boo Boo.

This is a country where the "History Channel" showcases a fake pawn shop, sensationalized truckers, and two gomers picking through trash as "history."

This is a country where a large contingency of men can name who the last five Super Bowl winners were, but can't name their state's Governor.

So you're surprised that Time Magazine has to dumb down their articles to entice the dumb American masses to buy it?

Back
Top Bottom