• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

S.C. to Colleges: No Recruiters=No Fed. $$

Willoughby said:
im sorry but i am 19 and i have all these things with the added bonus that i haven't been taught how to kill!

So you would not kill to defend your family huh?

Re: A huge defeat for the left.........

Navy Pride said:
Let me explain the cause for celbration to you.......The left was trying to discriminate against military recruiters through colleges and universities to ban them from recruiiting on campus because of far left liberal postions such as the "Don't ask Don't tell" policy..........The SCOTUS said that is unconsitutional by a unanimous 8-0 verdict..........They overruled the discrimination.........

Take time to read the article I posted.............It spells it out for you......

I did read the article. I'm not celebrating. It does nothing to remove my fears that this decision will be abused in the future.

[Moderator Mode]

Merged the thread "Supreme Court Rules Against Liberals Who Run America's Colleges" into the thread "S.C. to Colleges: No Recruiters=No Fed. $$"...same topic...

[/Moderator Mode]

easyt65 said:
Maybe requiring everyone to do a 1-2 year stint may help EVERYONE who either doesn't think about them or those use them as an instruments of political attacks to have a little more respect for those who do serve.

God Bless your sons, thank them for their service, and may they be kept safe......

zymurgy said:
I did read the article. I'm not celebrating. It does nothing to remove my fears that this decision will be abused in the future.

Knowing where you lean politically it does not surprise me your not celebrating.......As the title of the thread that I started says, this is a huge defeat for the far out left........

Re: Supreme Court Rules Against Liberals Who Run America's Colleges

KidRocks said:
Just trying to keep the war-mongers out of our schools that's all.

Military recruiters are war mongers in your eyes huh? These are the same guys that are protecting you ***...............Sad, very sad........

Navy Pride said:
These are the same guys that are protecting you ***...............Sad, very sad........

Quit with the empty rhetoric already.

These guys think they are protecting me but the opposite is true. They are protecting our fiat money supply and in doing so is harming my own interests.

We haven't fought a war of freedom in my lifetime or yours.

Navy Pride said:
Knowing where you lean politically it does not surprise me your not celebrating.......As the title of the thread that I started says, this is a huge defeat for the far out left........

You are a leftist to me though.

And it is obvious you have little idea of my own views.

Navy Pride said:
Military recruiters are war mongers in your eyes huh? These are the same guys that are protecting you ***...............Sad, very sad........

Well NP you know how the recruiters are forcing kids to sign up at gun point...:roll:

LOL...I wonder how they feel about the JROTC?...

I was in the JROTC for 3 years in HIGH SCHOOL..LOLOL...

zymurgy said:

These guys think they are protecting me but the opposite is true. They are protecting our fiat money supply and in doing so is harming my own interests.

Another liberal attacking our military...........When will it end?:roll:

Navy Pride said:
Another liberal attacking our military...........When will it end?:roll:

so what policy do I support that makes me a "lefty"?

I don't celebrate SCOTUS decisions because they always backfire. This one will too. Just watch.

cherokee said:
Well NP you know how the recruiters are forcing kids to sign up at gun point...:roll:

LOL...I wonder how they feel about the JROTC?...

I was in the JROTC for 3 years in HIGH SCHOOL..LOLOL...

I hear you cherokee, its amazing how some of our friends on the left hate the military that is protecting them...........

zymurgy said:
so what policy do I support that makes me a "lefty"?

I don't celebrate SCOTUS decisions because they always backfire. This one will too. Just watch.

You have total disdain for the military for one..........

Navy Pride said:
When will it end?:roll:

Probably when you take off your superman costume because the bill collectors wanted their money back.

Navy Pride said:
You have total disdain for the military for one..........

No I don't. They do what they do out of love for country. Plus, you accused me of being a liberal before that post.

Most people are too dense to know their actions are counterproductive. I don't fault people for ignorance.

You seem to be an angry fellow though.

easyt65 said:
I am sure you believe you have respect, know the meaning of honor and integrity, and are motivated to do something with your life - if you truly ARE, you are one of an extremely very FEW number. I believe, however, that there is more that you could learn that would help you. I believe everyone can benefit from the military. Through the military, people come into contact with many of life's realities they are otherwise oblivious to.

Case in point - when I returned back home after my second tour, almost 8 years after leaving home, I returned to find i was amazed how no one had changed....and how 'secluded' they were to almost everything outside of that little area/environment. I couldn't believe how backwards/ancient/NON-modern/sheltered they were. The experiences, seeing some of the world, being opened up to different people, ideas, and the world was truly eye-opening!

I also find that your last comment, about not having to be taught how to kill, shows a little ignorance, for a lack of a better word and not meant as an attack/insult. Many kids who go to college get their 1st glimpse and opinions of the world through the eyes and teachings of college professors. You have to be carefull whose eyes you look through - everyone has their own agenda and perception. It is always better to see things for yourself, make up your own mind. many of these professors are liberal nuts who hate the military, hate this country, and teach that America is so bad.

The truth is that there are bad people out there who want power at any cost, willing to enslave people, rape them, torture them, and kill them! They do not believe in live-and-let-live tolerance like many of the Liberals teach. Hitler did not have any such tolerance. Muslim extrmists have no such tolerance, believeing that either people convert to Islam or be KILLED!

The freedoms that we enjoy have been bought and paid for by the sweat, blood, and lives of millions of Americans throughout history who have sacrificed to make this country what it is today. the people - the professors who would tell you differently decry the evils of this country, of the military, and of our belief in democracy.

Probably the best Democratic party President in History, John F. Kennedy once said that the United states would stand beside any friend, any ally, and would make ANY Sacrifice in the name of freedom and Democracy! He knew democracy - freedom - was worth fighting for and does not come free, that it does take fighting for! Maybe the U.S. military is not for you, but many kids get these radical ideas pumped into their heads by these liberal professors who hate the military, hate this country, and hate everything this country stands for without ever seeing the truth for themselves.
Your post is a mixed bag for me, so let me tell you where I agree and disagree:

Agree -

however, that there is more that you could learn that would help you. I believe everyone can benefit from the military.
Absolutely. The military gives kids something that most of them do not have, that is, discipline and the ability to set a goal, then reach that goal according to a plan. How many kids drop out of college? Quite a few, but there are very few who have been in the military who end up dropping out. Like the phrase says, "Be all that you can be". That is very true.

Where I disagree is what we are actually debating about. To me, the issue is not whether the military should be able to recruit on campus in order to receive Federal funding. The real issue should be why the government should take our money, via taxes, and then redistribute it to the schools. I have always believed that private enterprise is much more efficient than allowing the Federal government to run the schools. If the Federal government nationalized the beer industry, they could not make it for under a hundred bucks a six pack.

Therefore, if the government is no longer in the business of education, then logic dictates that the schools would have the right to either admit or deny recruiters on campus. Of course, I would hope that they admit the recruiters, but with the government out of the business of education, this issue therefore becomes none of my business, unless I happen to reside in the school district where that particular decision is being made.

I really don't know why the lower courts didn't get this one right, it's quite obviously the right thing to do, and it only makes sense. I guess this is the reason so many talk of "activist judges" they got this one wrong, but now it's settled, let us just move on.

I was so glad to hear the SC was unanimous on this one, that helps.;)

For those of you less than honest partisan Democrats in here:

Doesn't the mere existence of this fight exemplify what Republicans have been arguing for years-that universities are hotbeds for liberal activism and brainwashing?

aquapub said:

Doesn't the mere existence of this fight exemplify what Republicans have been arguing for years-that universities are hotbeds for liberal activism and brainwashing?

Nope. Not at all. Try again, Mr. I-hate-all-democrats-and-liberals-so-much-that-I-can-think-of-nothing-else.

aquapub said:

I thought you guys payed lip service to limited goverment with power to the states?

If so, why do you approve of another plan to blackmail states into compliance? How is this different then threatening to withhold money when a state doesn't adhere to national speed limit policies?

zymurgy said:
I thought you guys payed lip service to limited goverment with power to the states?

If so, why do you approve of another plan to blackmail states into compliance? How is this different then threatening to withhold money when a state doesn't adhere to national speed limit policies?

Federal should indeed take precedent in some issues, this is certainly one of them, as we all know the "ends don't justify the means" crowds are mostly observed on our college campuses. They will never admit the good that has come from our past conflicts, much less our spending on the military, and now even the opportunity to bring their message. I happen to think college aged students are more then intelligent enough to make their own decisions, as it pertains to enlistment.

This argument is silly, and only our anarchist's continue it's rhetoric!

easyt65 said:
Maybe requiring everyone to do a 1-2 year stint may help EVERYONE who either doesn't think about them or those use them as an instruments of political attacks to have a little more respect for those who do serve.

It might help the individual but it would hurt the military. I think most people look down on those who denigrate those who serve and what goes around comes around.

zymurgy said:
No I don't. They do what they do out of love for country. Plus, you accused me of being a liberal before that post.

Most people are too dense to know their actions are counterproductive. I don't fault people for ignorance.

You seem to be an angry fellow though.

I get it now...........Your right and everyone else is wrong......

Yeah I do get a little angry when someone insinuates the military are nothing but killers.......

You are very young..You grow wiser with age and responsibility......

Last edited:

KidRocks said:
Just trying to keep the war-mongers out of our schools that's all.

And I suppose you claim to "support the troops"

zymurgy said:

And they are just too stupid to know I guess.

Back
Top Bottom