• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

S.A. judge to hear Perry coercion complaint

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A San Antonio judge was assigned on Tuesday to hear a complaint that alleges Gov. Rick Perry committed coercion, bribery and official oppression by vetoing funding for the Travis County District Attorney’s Public Integrity Unit.

This is an extremely weird situation. The Public Integrity Unit has been investigating corruption in Rick Perry's campaign, so the first reaction is that Perry is attempting to quash the investigation by committing illegal acts. But it gets even weirder. The head of the Public Integrity Unit was found guilty of DWI, and Perry is claiming that THIS is the reason Perry is threatening to withhold funds for the unit until she resigns.

What does this boil down to? Politics as usual in Texas. On one hand, you have Perry who is using Sherman Tank tactics against his detractors. On the other hand, you have Perry's detractors who are using Sherman Tank tactics against him. This is shaping up to be a battle royale, here in the Lone Star State. This is going to be a no holds barred fight to the finish.

My prediction? Perry will win this, but the investigation will not be quashed. Perry will end up getting a slap on the wrist.

Article is here.

Funny. Trying to criminally prosecute a governor for vetoing a law? How bizarre!

FDR: "Reward your friends and punish your enemy." I suppose FDR was bragging of being a criminal. :2razz:

It's hard to believe Travis County is even part of Texas!
I am sure both sides of the political spectrum can agree that,
Travis county seems to march to the beat of a different drummer.
My comment is nether praise or condemnation, just an observation.

Funny. Trying to criminally prosecute a governor for vetoing a law? How bizarre!

FDR: "Reward your friends and punish your enemy." I suppose FDR was bragging of being a criminal. :2razz:

If Obama were vetoing funding for a group that was already investigating corruption in the Obama campaign, you'd flip your goddamned lid and you know it.

If Obama were vetoing funding for a group that was already investigating corruption in the Obama campaign, you'd flip your goddamned lid and you know it.

But the twist is that the head of the unit investigating Perry was convicted of a DWI, which is what complicates the situation.

Yeah, it's not like prominent Texas Republicans, such as Tom Delay, were ever found guilty of corruption for political ends. Wait . . .

Haha that's funny. Really laughable, big chuckle out too you since all the publicly funded investigations wouldnt investigate obummer.

"SA Judge"...

Just pointing out the irony of the title.

Back
Top Bottom