• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ryan the Redistributionist

Catawba

Disappointed Evolutionist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The newest attempt by Republicans to repackage and resell their failed trickle down economics policy:

"Paul Ryan's new budget purportedly gets about 40 percent of its $4.6 trillion in spending cuts over ten years by repealing Obamacare, but Ryan's budget document doesn't mention that such a repeal would also lower taxes on corporations and the wealthy that foot Obamacare's bill.

According to an analysis by the non-partisan Tax Foundation, Obamacare redistributes income from the wealthy to the middle class. This is mainly because it hikes Medicare taxes on the top 2 percent (singles earning more than $200,000 and couples earning more than $250,000, including their investment income).
This year, for example, families in the top 1 percent will be paying about $52,000 more in Medicare taxes, on average, than they paid in 2012.

And where will the money go? Not to pay for the healthcare of poor families; most of them already receive Medicaid. The rich will be helping middle and lower-middle class Americans.

Obamacare also imposes some taxes and fees on insurance companies, drug makers, and manufacturers of medical devices. Here again, most of this will be borne by affluent Americans, who own most shares of stock (assuming the taxes and fees come out of corporate profits). And, again, beneficiaries are in the middle and lower-middle class.

In other words, Mr. Priebus has it exactly backwards. If Obamacare were repealed, who would end up making all the money? Big corporations and the wealthy. Who would get screwed? The middle class."

Robert Reich: Ryan the Redistributionist

I was in a grocery store the other night an there was a Mexican family behind me with six small children. Why should I be paying for this sort of irresponsibility? Why should I, an American, be paying for Mexicans?

This complaint is now heard in America over and over and over from good Americans.

You tell me the answer.

Last edited:
I was in a grocery store the other night an there was a Mexican family behind me with six small children. Why should I be paying for this sort of irresponsibility? Why should I, an American, be paying for Mexicans?

This complaint is now heard in America over and over and over from good Americans.

You tell me the answer.

Most of your tax dollars benefit those at the top!

"Tax expenditures disproportionately benefit high-income households (see chart below), in part because exemptions and deductions—in contrast to tax credits—are worth more to those who pay higher tax rates and because preferential rates for capital gains and dividends overwhelming go to high income taxpayers. Excluding those preferential rates, however, the remaining tax expenditures are fairly evenly distributed across income groups (as a share of income.)"

Wealthy-Household-Receive-Disproportionate-Share-of-Tax-Expenditures.png

Closing Tax Loopholes to Reduce the Deficit Is Tough But Necessary - Economic Intelligence (usnews.com)

As we saw from the President's reelection, most voters rejected Romney and Ryan's last proposal for failed trickle down policies.

You don't even know what "trickle down" is

You're just bleeting cliche talking points and objectifying economic theory you are unable to comprehend. It's the same thing with you demagogues over and over and over. Meanwhile, Obama is destroying the middle class and his cronies aren't paying any taxes. Give the class rhetoric a rest. Thanks :2wave:

You tell me the answer.

I don't throw around the race card typically but in this case it's pretty racist of you to assume that you are paying for a Mexican family with 6 six kids when they are BEHIND you and you know NOTHiNG of their situation. I bet you don't even know if all 6 of those kids were theirs. Yeah pretty racist.

You're just bleeting cliche talking points and objectifying economic theory you are unable to comprehend. It's the same thing with you demagogues over and over and over. Meanwhile, Obama is destroying the middle class and his cronies aren't paying any taxes. Give the class rhetoric a rest. Thanks :2wave:

Horse ****! I've seen for myself over the last 30 years the effects of the failed trickle down economics begun under Reagan and intensified under Bush II. Cutting taxes for the wealthy was supposed to free up capital to create jobs, so people thought that sounds good. And the rich took those tax cuts and moved their jobs overseas. So the working class has no reason to continue to allow those tax cuts for the wealthy.

You tell me the answer.

The question i have is how do you know you are paying for them? Was there some social security office in this supermarket? How about a medicaid office, or an immigration office? Did they make you pay for their groceries or something? how do you know they were not taxpaying citizens?

Or did you just let your racism decide you were paying for them when you were not actually paying anything for them?

Oh so let us explain it in case someone doesn't know what it is around here. trickle down is a failed economic principle that completely ignores basic ideas like supply and demand. Trickle down says that throing money at rich people will cause them to create jobs for no reason and throw their employees more money despite having no strings attached that would force them to. it basically ruins on the idea when the rich have money they do stupid wasteful crap with it. It ignores the reality most rich people did not get there by being complete financial morons, and that demand actually drives businesses to hire, fire, and give people more money. If there is no demand for something rich people would be completely stupid to make it. Then they would not be rich anymore, their businesses would go broke, and any of the employees they hired to pick their butts because they had no reason to be employed would again be unemployed.

that is what trickle down economics is. It was BS logic passed off on an ignorant society who wished to one day be so rich people would throw money aty them to piss away, so they started throwing money at the rich. Given that reality it really looks much more like a chain letter profit scam than an actual economic reality. The rich say throw money at them and someday you too will have people throwing money at you, and if you don't do it your entire economy will fail and your world will be destroyed, pass this letter on to anyone you may know who is easily duped into really stupid ideas, and oh yeah here is an old cowboy to entertain you in the mean time.

yes, because anyone who has taken basic economics knows that throwing money at the rich makes demand happen. No really, it does not work that way.

I don't throw around the race card typically but in this case it's pretty racist of you to assume that you are paying for a Mexican family with 6 six kids when they are BEHIND you and you know NOTHiNG of their situation. I bet you don't even know if all 6 of those kids were theirs. Yeah pretty racist.

You mean the children were someone else's? Mexican is a nationality, not a race.

You tell me the answer.

Good americans?

Your bias is obvious. Just because she has commited the demonic act of having six children, you think there is something wromng about her.

Do you actually believe that you are better than her?

Your bias is obvious in your

Most of your tax dollars benefit those at the top!

"Tax expenditures disproportionately benefit high-income households (see chart below), in part because exemptions and deductions—in contrast to tax credits—are worth more to those who pay higher tax rates and because preferential rates for capital gains and dividends overwhelming go to high income taxpayers. Excluding those preferential rates, however, the remaining tax expenditures are fairly evenly distributed across income groups (as a share of income.)"

Wealthy-Household-Receive-Disproportionate-Share-of-Tax-Expenditures.png

Closing Tax Loopholes to Reduce the Deficit Is Tough But Necessary - Economic Intelligence (usnews.com)

As we saw from the President's reelection, most voters rejected Romney and Ryan's last proposal for failed trickle down policies.

it is not even thatr tough when you consider who makes businesses in america. The idea from the trickle down side is that without tax loopholes business owners would not have the ability to make new businesses, retool existing businesses, and go into areas they were not before. It is a load of **** due to the total avoidance of the word investment. I am not talking about stock market BS. let us say Mitt romney wants to form a real company that makes something new. he does not do it alone. If he is smart he does what trump does and doesn't risk his own money. You get a proposal, and you get investors. If you are in the rich crowd like Romney is that gets done over lunch. if you are in the lower classes and don't have insanely rich friends to share the burden with then you go to the government and banks for loans. That is at least how it is supposed to be. Instead the rich go to the government and banks who package the investment and risk into programs they push onto everyone else.

tghis idea the rich are only rich because they got some tax breaks or some investment money is a load of crap. they are rich because of their business, and it is probably their family's effort in the past rather than their present effort that got them there. When a idea comes up and a business person wants to make it happen they do because there are places to get investments. That is what the free market should be about. It is not very hard to do. Even if you have a completely stupid idea if you package it right you can get investment in it. Government wants us to think all of our innovation and advancement would cease because there are no tax breaks for the rich, and that simply is not true. Bill gates and Steve Jobs did not make it where they were because they wanted tax loopholes. innovation happens because humans are imaginative. Their future ideas work off of past ideas. those ideas are developed and marketed because other people believe in them, and still others want to buy the product. The government can make it easier, and they can do some guidance in the direction they want developed, but they do not cause it, nor can they stop it.

people need to stop living in fear because of really basic BS that we learned was BS way back when we were kids.

It's amazing that the republicans are still pushing for the same ideas that lost them the potus election.:failpail:

You mean the children were someone else's? Mexican is a nationality, not a race.

An so your defending his usage. Figures you would. And yes, some or those children might not be. But than you defend such profiling. Says more about you and Ray ASSuming way too much.

Last edited:
universal healthcare would be the best way to lower the burden on job creators. the PPACA leaves in place the most inefficient parts of our healthcare system.

as for Ryan's plan, it's the worst of both worlds : privatizing essential services with inelastic demand, and more supply side-only nonsense.

universal healthcare would be the best way to lower the burden on job creators. the PPACA leaves in place the most inefficient parts of our healthcare system.

as for Ryan's plan, it's the worst of both worlds : privatizing essential services with inelastic demand, and more supply side-only nonsense.

UHC is the elephant in the room. Everyone knows that it would lift a burden off of the middleclass and in turn stimulate the economy but the conservatives have done such a masterful job of brainwashing the average worker that the workers themselves fight against their own best interests.

UHC is the elephant in the room. Everyone knows that it would lift a burden off of the middleclass and in turn stimulate the economy but the conservatives have done such a masterful job of brainwashing the average worker that the workers themselves fight against their own best interests.

what amazes me is that opponents of UHC completely ignore what a massive drag the current system puts on businesses. if employer provided health insurance wasn't the current system and someone suggested that it should be, he or she would be laughed out of the room.

Oh so let us explain it in case someone doesn't know what it is around here. trickle down is a failed economic principle that completely ignores basic ideas like supply and demand. Trickle down says that throing money at rich people will cause them to create jobs for no reason and throw their employees more money despite having no strings attached that would force them to. it basically ruins on the idea when the rich have money they do stupid wasteful crap with it. It ignores the reality most rich people did not get there by being complete financial morons, and that demand actually drives businesses to hire, fire, and give people more money. If there is no demand for something rich people would be completely stupid to make it. Then they would not be rich anymore, their businesses would go broke, and any of the employees they hired to pick their butts because they had no reason to be employed would again be unemployed.

that is what trickle down economics is. It was BS logic passed off on an ignorant society who wished to one day be so rich people would throw money aty them to piss away, so they started throwing money at the rich. Given that reality it really looks much more like a chain letter profit scam than an actual economic reality. The rich say throw money at them and someday you too will have people throwing money at you, and if you don't do it your entire economy will fail and your world will be destroyed, pass this letter on to anyone you may know who is easily duped into really stupid ideas, and oh yeah here is an old cowboy to entertain you in the mean time.

yes, because anyone who has taken basic economics knows that throwing money at the rich makes demand happen. No really, it does not work that way.

Your post is nothing more than a bunch of nonsensical gibberish. How much time did you spend on that wall of text? You contradict yourself within your own statements as well. First you claim everyone is hoping the rich throws money at them. Then you claim we're throwing money at the rich. You can't even stay consistent with your Regressive class warfare rhetoric. Sad.

Nobody is claiming anyone is "throwing money at the rich", or money at anyone else for that matter. You're just parroting cliche talking points without even the most basic understanding of Economics.

Reagan's Economic Policies > Obama's Economic Policies

Nothing more needs to be said

Do some research into the tax rates the middle-class pay in countries with UHC.

"Lift a burden?"

Do some research into the tax rates the middle-class pay in countries with UHC.

"Lift a burden?"

I've spoken with people from England and Canada that were working here in the states, and they told me the taxes aren't much different. I believe it's just conservative propaganda.

I've spoken with people from England and Canada that were working here in the states, and they told me the taxes aren't much different. I believe it's just conservative propaganda.

Lies are more like it.

Your post is nothing more than a bunch of nonsensical gibberish. How much time did you spend on that wall of text?

Yes, i know it was terribly inconvenient for me to show what insanity trickle down economics instead of just writing a line claiming the other person does not understand. I know it is not something you could argue against, but it needed to be said because someone was claiming others did not know what it was. I don't really remember who that was, but i am sure they are now very happy someone came in and cleared it all up.

You contradict yourself within your own statements as well. First you claim everyone is hoping the rich throws money at them. Then you claim we're throwing money at the rich. You can't even stay consistent with your Regressive class warfare rhetoric. Sad.

Did you no read that, or are you not able to read properly? because i never said the first part. Maybe you are not used to reading words within their original context? I really don't know how you got that first part, but nice attempt to pretend i said something I did not. Just a small hint, that taking things out of context crap only works when you actually edit the post and don't quote it in it's entirety. oh, and BTW if that small little bit of text scared the heck out of you, how can any of us believe you have studied economics well enough to make a educated and reality based evaluation of the failure economic system? I cannot imagine someone bothered by a couple of simplified paragraphs of description read even the first chapter of an economics textbook before tossing it aside in frustration. Econimics is not something that can be fully described and discussed in the length of a twitter post. If long boring crap bothers you economics certainly is not your thing.
Nobody is claiming anyone is "throwing money at the rich", or money at anyone else for that matter. You're just parroting cliche talking points without even the most basic understanding of Economics.

That is exactly what trickle down economics is. Do not blame me because perhaps you were duped into thinking it was something else. It is the idea that if you put money into the top, which is the rich people, it will magically trickle down to the bottom. is that short enough for you? Now you are just lying and you are not even showing anyone where I was wrong because you know i am not. This is not a counter argument, this is just you claiming I am wrong and then using some excuse that there are too many words because you know i nailed what trickle down is, and if you actually tried to correct anything with more BS you would get a smack down. But please do not let me stop you from actually providing your own explanation of trickle down economics. It would be nice if you were actually in the conversation instead of wishing it was not happening.
Reagan's Economic Policies > Obama's Economic Policies

Nothing more needs to be said

Yeah, actually more needs to be said to make an actual argument. All you are doing is making an unsubstantiated comment because you don't have an argument at all. Again, feel free to prove me wrong and actually make some statement showing us you have some understanding of the concept and telling us how trickle down economics creates demand.

Back
Top Bottom