• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RYAN: D Party BURNING, Sound the ALARMS!

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Rep. Tim Ryan said on Fox Business Network’s “Mornings with Maria” that President-elect Donald Trump’s victory – combined with the GOP protecting its majorities in the House and Senate – sent a clear signal to lawmakers that “working-class” Americans had “flipped their middle finger to the establishment.”

“I am pulling the fire alarm right now, is what I’m doing in the Democratic Party,” Ryan said of his challenge to Pelosi. “I believe we are in denial of what’s happened, and I’m pulling the fire alarm because the house is burning down.”
'The house is burning down': Ryan, set to challenge Pelosi, fears for Democratic Party | Fox News

Have no idea if this guy is any good but he is right on these two points

1) One the party is in trouble

2) the Party elite have no idea that the party is in trouble.

Ryan is a common sense type of guy.

It's a "win win" for the democrats to have him replace Pelosi.

Ryan is a common sense type of guy.

It's a "win win" for the democrats to have him replace Pelosi.

Well, he is from a state where getting elected as a D is a bit hard to do, only 4/16 of the Ohio Delegation are D's.

Maybe that takes some guts and some smarts, two things the party has a history of not having.

'The house is burning down': Ryan, set to challenge Pelosi, fears for Democratic Party | Fox News

He used this same line on Fox News and MSNBC. The democratic party is in trouble no more than the republican party is though. At this point there are two parties: The Republican Party and the Party of Trump.

The party is in trouble though, from local levels all the way to federal. I sat in on an Democrats Executive meeting for Boone County, KY last night and they seemed beside themselves at this point. And It isn't that the elite have no idea the party is in trouble, they just have a hard time excepting it. I've personally been calling and emailing several democrat offices in support of Tim Ryan.

Both parties are in trouble. That seems to me to be the only way to read this election.

It's the first time that seemingly most of the people who voted for the President elect don't know whether he'll do a good job and have no idea what to expect, but simply voted that way because they were mad and wanted to break things; namely, politics as usual.

It's our great shame and terrible danger that they had to use that ****ing pile of **** to do it.

The Democrats are not in trouble.

The Republicans are in trouble.

Why?

Because short of deporting all illegal aliens .. and most of their offspring born here (retroactive modification of citizenship by mere birth) ..

.. It won't be long before a Democrat will win the White House (FL and, soon TX!) and Congress ..

.. And once they make all 22+ million illegal aliens citizens, who'll, as we intelligently know, vote Democrat ..

.. The Republicans, as we know them, won't ever see power again.

The Repubs dodged a bullet this year, and though they dodged it well, the inevitability clock is still ticking.

Both parties are in trouble. That seems to me to be the only way to read this election.

It's the first time that seemingly most of the people who voted for the President elect don't know whether he'll do a good job and have no idea what to expect, but simply voted that way because they were mad and wanted to break things; namely, politics as usual.

It's our great shame and terrible danger that they had to use that ****ing pile of **** to do it.

Lol.....Yea, the GOP is really hurting .....:roll:
New map.jpg

The Democrats are definitely in trouble and have been in trouble since 2010.

I think a lot of it is over reaction to a very close election loss caused by a very flawed presidential candidate. That candidate who by the way received more votes that the other guy. Whose party gained two senate seats and six house seats. Without that baggage laden, very flawed candidate at the head of the ticket, who knows what might have happen?

The biggest mistake the Democrats made was picking who would be their nominee four years in advance without regard or thinking that things might change. That circumstances and situation would be different in 2016 than in 2012.

Rebuilding from the ground up, no need. Although I do agree that the Democrats need some younger blood in their leadership position and perhaps some fresh new ideas. They also need to reach out to middle America, the same as the GOP needs to do. Both parties are in trouble, the only thing that is saving them is the two party system. The Republicans and Democrats have a monopoly.

Over half of all America view both parties unfavorably. 60% of Americans have a negative view of Republicans and 55% of the Democrats according to Gallup. In 2012 35% of the electorate identified themselves as Democrats to 30% for the Republicans. 2016 numbers show 32% Democratic, 27% Republican. Needless to say, independents rose from 34% to 40% over those four years.

The fact is everything had to go perfect for Trump to win this time around, it did. This election was as close as it gets. There was no thumping or shellacking, there was a squeaker. Perhaps we should start treating it as such.

The Democrats are not in trouble.

The Republicans are in trouble.

Why?

Because short of deporting all illegal aliens .. and most of their offspring born here (retroactive modification of citizenship by mere birth) ..

.. It won't be long before a Democrat will win the White House (FL and, soon TX!) and Congress ..

.. And once they make all 22+ million illegal aliens citizens, who'll, as we intelligently know, vote Democrat ..

.. The Republicans, as we know them, won't ever see power again.

The Repubs dodged a bullet this year, and though they dodged it well, the inevitability clock is still ticking.
As flawed analysis goes, this one is about the most flawed that I've seen in awhile.

22 million illegals are NEVER going to become citizens by decree because the population of this country would revolt. It does not have popular support. While some form of amnesty/legalization may have some support, that is a FAR cry from citizenship and you have to be a citizen to vote in a federal election. Even a "path to citizenship" would take decades and by that time these people would have had ample time to become aware of the fact that the Democrats aren't the be all/end all.

You watch, unless Trump has some sort of catastrophic failure in the next two years(which is entirely possible) the GOP is going to INCREASE their lead in the Senate in 2018 while maintaining their lead in the House. This has been a trend for six years now and it will continue so long as the GOP is viewed by mainstream America as the party most in line with mainstream America's core values.

The Democrats lost middle America. It's that simple.

The same was said about the republican party being in trouble up in flames dead etc even less than a month ago. They are not in trouble, they are doing like the republican party, they are shifting polarity and demographics.

Considering this election democrats have been the pro free trade, anti tariff, pro war party, I see by the time trump leaves office the democrats will be a conservative party again and the republicans a liberal party, with plenty of people abandoning ship while many stay loyal to their party, it is like the southern move all over again.

Just speaking for myself but I will never again cast a vote beside any name that is accompanied with a "D" until they abolish their super delegate primary advantage.

Let them feel the burn.

The same was said about the republican party being in trouble up in flames dead etc even less than a month ago. They are not in trouble, they are doing like the republican party, they are shifting polarity and demographics.

Considering this election democrats have been the pro free trade, anti tariff, pro war party, I see by the time trump leaves office the democrats will be a conservative party again and the republicans a liberal party, with plenty of people abandoning ship while many stay loyal to their party, it is like the southern move all over again.

I agree that what we had for a very long time has collapsed, that the two political poles are massively re positioning...but how this turns out I dont think we know.

I keep thinking that what we are looking at is a global realignment most recently seen post WW1, that this reputation of the Elites is just that massive.

Failure to perform brings consequences, eventually.

I think a lot of it is over reaction to a very close election loss caused by a very flawed presidential candidate. That candidate who by the way received more votes that the other guy. Whose party gained two senate seats and six house seats. Without that baggage laden, very flawed candidate at the head of the ticket, who knows what might have happen?

The biggest mistake the Democrats made was picking who would be their nominee four years in advance without regard or thinking that things might change. That circumstances and situation would be different in 2016 than in 2012.

Rebuilding from the ground up, no need. Although I do agree that the Democrats need some younger blood in their leadership position and perhaps some fresh new ideas. They also need to reach out to middle America, the same as the GOP needs to do. Both parties are in trouble, the only thing that is saving them is the two party system. The Republicans and Democrats have a monopoly.

Over half of all America view both parties unfavorably. 60% of Americans have a negative view of Republicans and 55% of the Democrats according to Gallup. In 2012 35% of the electorate identified themselves as Democrats to 30% for the Republicans. 2016 numbers show 32% Democratic, 27% Republican. Needless to say, independents rose from 34% to 40% over those four years.

The fact is everything had to go perfect for Trump to win this time around, it did. This election was as close as it gets. There was no thumping or shellacking, there was a squeaker. Perhaps we should start treating it as such.

No actually the biggest thing the D's did wrong was depriving the people of choice by running a coronation rather than a primary.

Picking the wrong queen candidate came after in magnitude of failure of the elite class.

BTW 290 votes verses 230 votes is not all that close.

Actually.

Last edited:
No actually the biggest thing the D's did wrong was depriving the people of choice by running a coronation rather than a primary.

Picking the wrong queen candidate came after in magnitude of failure of the elite class.

BTW 290 votes verses 230 votes is not all that close.

Actually.

Throughout history real close elections, popular vote wise hasn't shown it to be so in the electoral college. In 1960 JFK beat Nixon by only 110,000 votes, but won the electoral college 303-219. 1968 Nixon beat Humphrey by 500,000 votes, yet trounced him in the electoral college 301-191. The closeness of an election isn't determined in the electoral college, it is seen in the popular vote. This election Clinton won the popular vote by 1.9 million votes, much larger than JFK or Nixon in 60 or 68, yet was lost in the electoral college 306-232. But be that as it may.

I agree that choosing Clinton in 2012 in a meeting prior to that years election was a mistake. Doing so didn't take into consideration that the situation in this country could change, the mood of the country might be different. That is the lesson the Democrats should learn. Anointing someone that far out can come back to bite you, which it did.

Picking Clinton four years early peeved a lot of Democrats of and that showed up when the polls asked if they were satisfied with their party's nominee. 40% give or take of Democrat's kept answering that question no. It seems a lot of those dissatisfied stayed home, more in some states than others.

Back
Top Bottom