• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

In Seattle restaurants now the bread and butter is usually extra, about $4.50. This always pisses me off, especially since they also tend to only deliver a smidgen of butter, usually unsalted crap but with too little or too much salt over the top.

Seattle culture must make hot dog eaters pretty angry. good point

In Seattle restaurants now the bread and butter is usually extra, about $4.50. This always pisses me off, especially since they also tend to only deliver a smidgen of butter, usually unsalted crap but with too little or too much salt over the top.
There's a local place here that has on the menu that they charge 5c for extra butter. Really? 5c?

It's a long-established semi-high-end place, too.

Sometimes eating out is about the "special occasion". Plus the variety of what's offered.
And not having to clean up. And the bar offerings. And desert.

Everything that's offered in restaurants can be bought and cooked at home.

Grilling a steak is no harder than frying an egg.

There's a local place here that has on the menu that they charge 5c for extra butter. Really? 5c?

they're filtering out the golden corral crowd.

You can cook the steaks at home and eat just as well for less money.

I'm with you there brother. While I enjoy a night out for a good steak, I always wind up comparing the bill to how much it would have cost me to make at home. I can get 3 steaks at the butcher or Giant Eagle for the cost of one at a steak place and often mine are better.

Oh you want to really piss me off charge me $4.50 for poor bread and butter service, then charge me $2.50 each refill. THis happened to me in Seattle, on something they run very low food costs on.

I'm with you there brother. While I enjoy a night out for a good steak, I always wind up comparing the bill to how much it would have cost me to make at home. I can get 3 steaks at the butcher or Giant Eagle for the cost of one at a steak place and often mine are better.

Right. When you eat at home not only do you save money but everything is cooked the way that you like it and there's no questions about the sanitation.

When I lived in Louisiana the only thing that I ate from restaurants was fried oyster po'boys because I didn't want to shuck the oysters.

Right. When you eat at home not only do you save money but everything is cooked the way that you like it and there's no questions about the sanitation.

When I lived in Louisiana the only thing that I ate from restaurants was fried oyster po'boys because I didn't want to shuck the oysters.

They dont know how to put them things in jars down there, Sell them to y'all ready to dip and go?? Those babies are good enough for po-boys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom