• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia's Vladimir Putin challenges US on Syria claims

Coin

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
BBC News - Russia's Vladimir Putin challenges US on Syria claims

"If there is evidence it should be shown. If it is not shown, then there isn't any," he said.
Mr Putin also expressed surprise at a vote in the British parliament on Thursday ruling out participation in military action.
"I will be honest: this was completely unexpected for me," he said.
"This shows that in Great Britain, even if it is the USA's main geopolitical ally in the world... there are people who are guided by national interests and common sense, and value their sovereignty."

He said that the US failure to present evidence to the international community was "simply disrespectful".
"If there is evidence it should be shown. If it is not shown, then there isn't any," he said.

I think Putin himself is making a visible challenge to Obama.

His country is riddled with corruption allegations and political problems. he is trying to score points on the international stage to seem better off to his constituency. But he does have a point. If there is valid proof that assad used chemical weapons, they should show it. The UN team has just left Syria today.

From the New Yorker:

"Obama Promises Syria Strike Will Have No Objective." Here's his Obama quote: "Let me be clear. Our goal will not be to effect régime change, or alter the balance of power in Syria, or bring the civil war there to an end. We will simply do something random there for one or two days and then leave."

Don't mess with Putin. Don't teach an old dog new tricks.

Putin has long made it quite clear that he thinks Obama is his little bitch. He has no respect for Obama.
Yep.
Indeed with Bush was different.
Even that they both (Bush & Obama) acted most of time on same track, Putin knew that he couldn't mess around with Bush. And I think on a point, he respect for Bush.

I think Obama's character may be good as American's president, but he can't be the President One of the world.

Putin has long made it quite clear that he thinks Obama is his little bitch. He has no respect for Obama.

Putin will have to get in line with all the rest of the people who have no respect for this lightweight that somehow fooled the majority of the people into voting for him.

Yep.
Even that they both (Bush & Obama) acted most of time on same track, Putin knew that he couldn't mess around with Bush. And I think on a point, he respect for Bush.

I think Obama's character may be good as American's president, but he can't be the President One of the world.
Obama is a joke. The people in the middle east have no respect for the man. He has lost his charm for the Europeans and our traditional 'enemies' laugh at him. Syria is just the latest in the list of debacles and sadly...it likely wont be the last for him.

Putin will have to get in line with all the rest of the people who have no respect for this lightweight that somehow fooled the majority of the people into voting for him.
They were rather 'easily' fooled. Its not hard to fool someone that has already completely bought into the ideological bull****.

Yep.

I will agree wholeheartedly with you on the first lines, the first half of that last one almost made me spit my coffee.

They were rather 'easily' fooled. Its not hard to fool someone that has already completely bought into the ideological bull****.
True, I blame also it on Hurricane Crowley, Christie and Hurricane Sandy. A weak Romney that was unwilling to press his advantage on the whole Benghazi debacle didn't help, especially with the 47% out of context statement that the MSM clobbered him with at the end.

Obama is a joke. The people in the middle east have no respect for the man. He has lost his charm for the Europeans and our traditional 'enemies' laugh at him. Syria is just the latest in the list of debacles and sadly...it likely wont be the last for him.
I'm sorry, but I think you're being way too kind.

This nincompoop masquerading as a president is hands-down the most incompetent person we've ever put into that office. It's just flat out embarrassing to see that poser presuming to be the leader of the free world.

This Syria business is perhaps the most obvious example of just how inept this poltroon really is, and what a despicable character he has, that he would dare take this nation to war, just to save admitting he made a whole train of mistakes that put him into this position today.

If you want to what "scary stupid" is - just watch this guy in action.

Yep. Indeed with Bush was different. Even that they both (Bush & Obama) acted most of time on same track, Putin knew that he couldn't mess around with Bush. And I think on a point, he respect for Bush. I think Obama's character may be good as American's president, but he can't be the President One of the world.

With BushII I believe Putin obeyed Napoleon's credo of never interfering when an enemy is making a mistake. Putin was busy supplying Iran with weapons and countermeasures in air defense. Putin plays chess, Americans play checkers. BushII stumbled around in the desert while Putin played world statesman.

Putin is doing no different than the Taliban requesting proof before turning over bin-Hidin. I doubt either was/is serious in the request, just looking to quibble.

Syria is a cat that won't skin out well. Putin is just playing the mediator card looking to keep the Russian naval base no matter what happens.

I'm sorry, but I think you're being way too kind.

This nincompoop masquerading as a president is hands-down the most incompetent person we've ever put into that office. It's just flat out embarrassing to see that poser presuming to be the leader of the free world.

This Syria business is perhaps the most obvious example of just how inept this poltroon really is, and what a despicable character he has, that he would dare take this nation to war, just to save admitting he made a whole train of mistakes that put him into this position today.

If you want to what "scary stupid" is - just watch this guy in action.

The saddest part..and unfortunately it's overwhelmingly true, is that we get the kind of government we deserve.

This country is the epitome of an ineptocracy.

BN

Obama say he is to seek Congressial authorization for military action.

Perhaps with this US President Syria shall not be liberated at this time. Too many obstacles and too much work if you would consider that someone would need to take Al-Qaeda out of there after Assad goes.

Obama just wants some hits done. What if an airplane goes down with Russian technology with that?

His country is riddled with corruption allegations and political problems. he is trying to score points on the international stage to seem better off to his constituency. But he does have a point. If there is valid proof that assad used chemical weapons, they should show it. The UN team has just left Syria today.

Yes..no doubt the country obama is president of has all those problems and everyone can see that he is now trying to score points on the intl. stage now to seem more reasonable to his constituents and the world...since he first strutted and posed and talked a bunch of trash about red lines and all and unexpectedly got called on it.

Depends on which 'me' you ask. I have spent my whole life with the military. I absolutely respect him as Commander in Chief and if he says we go, we go, all in, and we can hash the bull**** out AFTER our troops are out of harms way. I HAVE to respect that role because peoples lives are at stake, including 2 of my sons (and yes...I've 'been there' myslef serving under both democrat and republican presidents and that position has always been the same).

Now...me as a private citizen? Not even a little bit. He is a douchebag. He is incompetent, weak, indecisive, and the worst kind of pandering partisan whore. He has been horrible for this country, horrible for specific populations groups (especially the black community)...overall just a very very BAD president. The only people that think otherwise are the worst kind of partisan hacks. Many democrats have expressed great disappointment in him and admit to voting for the guy because he was a slightly less ****ty alternative. If even his most ardent supporters think he sucks...well...you can imagine how I feel about him.

Something not heard in mainstream media or they don't want you hear it.

Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria

Posted by EU Times on Aug 27th, 2013

A grim “urgent action memorandum” issued today from the office of President Putin to the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation is ordering a “massive military strike” against Saudi Arabia in the event that the West attacks Syria.

According to Kremlin sources familiar with this extraordinary “war order,” Putin became “enraged” after his early August meeting with Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan who warned that if Russia did not accept the defeat of Syria, Saudi Arabia would unleash Chechen terrorists under their control to cause mass death and chaos during the Winter Olympics scheduled to be held 7-23 February 2014 in Sochi, Russia.

Lebanese newspaper As-Safir confirmed this amazing threat against Russia saying that Prince Bandar pledged to safeguard Russia’s naval base in Syria if the Assad regime is toppled, but he also hinted at Chechen terrorist attacks on Russia’s Winter Olympics in Sochi if there is no accord by stating: “I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us.”

Prince Bandar went on to say that Chechens operating in Syria were a pressure tool that could be switched on an off. “These groups do not scare us. We use them in the face of the Syrian regime but they will have no role in Syria’s political future.”

London’s The Telegraph News Service further reported today that Saudi Arabia has secretly offered Russia a sweeping deal to control the global oil market and safeguard Russia’s gas contracts, if the Kremlin backs away from the Assad regime in Syria, an offer Putin replied to by saying “Our stance on Assad will never change. We believe that the Syrian regime is the best speaker on behalf of the Syrian people, and not those liver eaters” [Putin said referring to footage showing a Jihadist rebel eating the heart and liver of a Syrian soldier HERE], and which Prince Bandar in turn warned that there can be “no escape from the military option” if Russia declines the olive branch

Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria | EUTimes.net

The saddest part..and unfortunately it's overwhelmingly true, is that we get the kind of government we deserve.

This country is the epitome of an ineptocracy.
I prefer....

Idiocracy:

Back
Top Bottom