• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia's piracy and kidnapping of 25 November 2018

Do those ports lie in an inland sea shared with another state? :shock:
Russia is clearly sharing it with nobody by now.
Germany isn't interested in fighting a war in Europe.
True enough. But let the Kremlin continue on its imprudent path of attacking others and it'll have to.

At G20 Summit Russian President Putin Holds Presser After G20 Summit in Argentina … Putin says Ukraine's 3 boats "secretly" tried to get through Kerch Strait.

Hmm, so that's why they did it in daylight with a slow moving tug, in the fingers crossed hope no one would notice them passing through a small gap under the Crimea Bridge?

The Crimea Bridge is illegal. It's western terminus was built on Ukrainian territory without permission.

DtY_6udUUAAnU4O.jpg

DtZ7JmMWoAEEsDE.jpg

Commercial freighters bound for Ukrainian ports lined up south of the blockaded Crimea Bridge on the Black Sea. Russia will not allow them to pass into the Sea of Azov and dock at Ukraine ports.

1000_545_1422003660-9768-lefortovo.jpg

Lefortovo prison in Moscow where the 24 kidnapped Ukrainian sailors are being held captive. They have been denied visits by Ukrainian consular officials and Ukrainian lawyers.

The Kerch Strait and Sea of Azov are jointly shared by Ukraine and Russia via treaty.

The Kerch Strait Incident: Law of the Sea or Law of Naval Warfare?

Professor of International Maritime Law James Kraska explains why Russia violated both Maritime Law and Naval Warfare law.

Law of the Sea: Bulletin No. 54

Page 131. The signed (2003) Sea of Azov/Kerch Strait Agreement between Russian Federation President Vladimir Putin and Ukraine President Leonid Kuchma.

Ds4jiV-WsAIhSm7.jpg

Location of Ukraine ship when distress message Mayday! was transmitted.

rf-ships-ua-ports.jpg

Russia continues to hinder maritime traffic in the Kerch Strait violating international law, as of Dec 07 morning 140
vessels awaited the passage, 98 of which are in the Black Sea.

DtzRj84WwAAufVj.jpg

6623278-6430893-The_incident_began_earlier_on_Sunday_when_a_Russian_coast_guard_-a-15_1543256328713.jpg

The unarmed Ukrainian tugboat Yana Kapa.

6665058-6430893-image-a-31_1543257868097.jpg

Russian navy ship ramming the Ukrainian tugboat Yana Kapa.

Such bravery!

DuCw9LrXgAIu1tR.jpg

Russia - Release the kidnapped Ukrainian sailors immediately!

Naval aircrewman Vietnam. I understand. They were close inshore to Crimea (Russian). That was the problem. I think you know that but avoid the admission.A Crimean judge put them in jail until January. About 60 days. Reasonable sentence for espionage. Perhaps the two Ukraine Intelligence Officers will get a little extra.
/

There is your problem.... Crimea - Ukraine owned and currently illegally occupied by Russian forces.

I understand everything you say and it has partial truth. The CIA endeavors in Ukraine, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Latin and South America represent legendary notoriety and present a track record of shame for the USA. The USA policy, aptly characterized by the PNAC document, is revealed to be hegemonistic globalization in economics as well as all things military. We use the USDollar as a weapon. Control banking and World trade with monopoly measures. Use sanctions and tariffs as weapons. These measures will all assure blowback and some will be seen immediately after the Argentina conference. I don't remember any election that requested permission to attempt to control the World. We are not on moral high ground. We have left death and destruction in our recent wake for all the World to see, and they see it. As do I. Russian behavior is saintly compared to ours. How many died in Crimea? How many in Kiev?

CIA - Everybody drink!

PNAC - Everybody drink!

Hegemony - Everybody drink!

As a neutral observer I have to say that Dave is one of the more reasoned people who puts substance and logic behind his arguments.

By contrast, others seem to prefer Twitter style one sentence dismissals with no substance.

Crimea is now Russia, and that won't change. So either the West accepts this and we move on in co-operation, or we'll forever be stuck in confrontation.

May is suggest that we all mutually agree to recognise Kosovo (NATO's precedent setting use of force to re-draw borders) and move on.

As a neutral observer I have to say that Dave is one of the more reasoned people who puts substance and logic behind his arguments..........................~
I'll let the second half of that sentence pass on imbedded absurdity, but

you, a neutral observer :lamo:lamo:lamo

I'll let the second half of that sentence pass on imbedded absurdity, but

you, a neutral observer :lamo:lamo:lamo

😄

I like your humor Chagos - not bad for an Anglo-Spanish provocateur.

Yes, neutral. Unlike many people on this forum, I'm neither American nor one of its colonial European subjects. My mind is un-cluttered by decades of CNN/BBC/Euronews/school /college propaganda.

My leaders do not bow down before Trump and receive lectures from him on how much to spend on defence.
My Defence Secretary is not the intellectually challenged Gavin 'shut up and go away' Williamson.

��

Yes, neutral. Unlike many people on this forum, I'm neither American nor one of its colonial European subjects. My mind is un-cluttered by decades of CNN/BBC/Euronews/school /college propaganda.

My leaders do not bow down before Trump and receive lectures from him on how much to spend on defence.
My Defence Secretary is not the intellectually challenged Gavin 'shut up and go away' Williamson.

I've got no dog in this race, and frankly I don't care what Russia does when Americans are not involved.

But, this statement made me stop and think, did he just say he's uneducated and therefor unbiased?

Do they not have schools and colleges where you are from, or was it like a homeschool deal.

I've got no dog in this race, and frankly I don't care what Russia does when Americans are not involved.

This is precisely the mentality that Putin counts on. What was that poem? Oh yeah.

First Putin came for the Ukrainians, but I'm not Ukrainian so it didn't concern me.

Then Putin came for the Latvians, but I'm not Latvian so it didn't concern me.

Then Putin came for the.....

��

I'm glad that your mind is uncluttered but even that "un-clutteredness" can be taken a bit far.

Fortunately you've made provisions for that (or, better said, somebody else has) by you being provided with an opportunity to always ask what to think. If they won't let you into the Kremlin, Ulitska Savushkina of course always being accessible.

I like your humour too, BTW. It's not at all bad for a Kremlin крепостной крестьянин.:2razz:

I'm glad that your mind is uncluttered but even that "un-clutteredness" can be taken a bit far.

Fortunately you've made provisions for that (or, better said, somebody else has) by you being provided with an opportunity to always ask what to think. If they won't let you into the Kremlin, Ulitska Savushkina of course always being accessible.

I like your humour too, BTW. It's not at all bad for a Kremlin крепостной крестьянин.:2razz:

😄😄

Let me address ThoughtEx (I wonder if that name is a Freudian slip) who asks whether I'm admitting to being un-educated.

1. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth.

2. I'm sure you must know from your own propaganda that there are no proper universities in Russia (what with it being so backward).

3. By definition, anyone with my views is uneducated since anyone with education must subscribe to liberal universalism.

So, there's your answer in your terms.

😄😄

Let me address ThoughtEx (I wonder if that name is a Freudian slip) who asks whether I'm admitting to being un-educated.

1. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
considering Russia's metal wealth, I can understand that your spoon would have been gold.

2. I'm sure you must know from your own propaganda that there are no proper universities in Russia (what with it being so backward).
but what about the one in Ulitsa Savushkina?

3. By definition, anyone with my views is uneducated since anyone with education must subscribe to liberal universalism.
Oh, anyone with your views need not be uneducated. Misled will suffice quite nicely.

Anyway, quit spouting forth on concepts totally alien to you. Like liberalism.:2razz:

1544694487-2282.jpg

Russian naval officer involved in the theft and kidnappings of Ukrainian boats/sailors
in the Sea of Azov on 25 November. Captain Alexander Viktorovich Kosinsky, commander
of the Kinel anti-sabotage boat P-424 of Russia's Black Sea Fleet.

DuNOFbFWwAAoCom.jpg

Today (12/13) is the birthday of one of the Ukrainian sailor prisoners of war. Vlasyuk Mikhail Borisovich - member of the
crew of the tug "Yany-Kapu." I can wish only one thing - the speedy return home!

Back
Top Bottom