• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russians rigging 2016 elections - another piece revealed

Slavister

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I've already discussed before that it's very likely Russians attempted and succeeded in rigging at least some vote counts in 2016 elections. Recent (accidental) revelations about Manafort sharing proprietary polling data with Russians is just another piece that falls into place here.

We also know Russian hackers stole Clinton's proprietary models as well:

Another revelation from the indictment which jumped out at Jamieson was that the Russian hackers had stolen the Clinton campaign’s data analytics and voter-turnout models.

So, how would Russian hackers use these data analytics models from both sides? Why did they really want to have all that info?

Knowing which polling places to target and break into is the most obvious answer IMO.

Then, of course there is this:

... the disclosure of a top-secret NSA document, details of an intricate plot by Russian military hackers to infiltrate American electoral systems. New emails obtained by The Intercept through public records requests illustrate the disturbing extent to which potential targets of the attack were caught unaware, having apparently remained in the dark alongside the voting public.

and this

... Russia’s efforts to hack the 2016 presidential election were much more widespread than originally thought. The Russian campaign hit 39 states — twice as many as originally reported — and in one case hackers tried to delete and alter voter data.

etc, etc..

The Russians didn't rig the elections. They apparently attempting ti influence the elections. Big difference. If anyone rigged the elections it was Hillary and her big, fat, deplorable mouth.

Thank you

Thank you

I deleted it to give the author the benefit of a doubt on the limited scope he mentioned of the alleged rigging. But in the larger picture Trump played the election game better than Hillary did.

You are correct about the rigging going on in 2016, only it was the DNC and their unDemocratic primary.

I've already discussed before that it's very likely Russians attempted and succeeded in rigging at least some vote counts in 2016 elections. Recent (accidental) revelations about Manafort sharing proprietary polling data with Russians is just another piece that falls into place here.

So, how would Russian hackers use these data analytics models from both sides? Why did they really want to have all that info?

Knowing which polling places to target and break into is the most obvious answer IMO.

and this

etc, etc..
The only "rigging" in 2016 was by the DNC.

Manafort worked with the DNC?...Is this the Russian response?.....

Please show a single vote changed by Manafort sharing PUBLIC POLLING DATA.

Now, review what the DNC's OWN EMAILS taught us about Sanders' fate.

There....now you know what ACTUAL "RIGGING an ELECTION" LOOKS LIKE.

And then there's THIS:

Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ob...stand-down-order-against-russian-cyberattacks

Now...factor in the "reset button", Uranium One, "more flexibility after my election"....and what picture emerges ?

Please show a single vote changed by Manafort sharing PUBLIC POLLING DATA.

Now, review what the DNC's OWN EMAILS taught us about Sanders' fate.

Called Collusion....Your "kind" seems to think that is Okay.......Many would call it being a traitor....But anything for that piece of **** trump I guess

.. Manafort sharing PUBLIC POLLING DATA ...

Check the OP. He shared private data of the campaign (as well) that was NOT public. Same kind of data that Russian hackers had to steal from Clinton.

You know it’s time to lay down the law. I know people are going to ripped me a new one and, we should be equal to each political party. Let’s pretend everything went to according to plan. There wouldn’t have been any investigation because it’s a Clinton. And fusion gps would never been named. There wouldn’t have been any Federal investigation or federal indictments. It’s sad that our democracy has been destroyed ya trump did it! HOW! DID HE GO TO FUSION OR DID HILLARY R. CLINTON DID!

Why didn't the administration in power retaliate?

Why didn't the administration in power retaliate?

There are plenty of potential reasons. There was no sufficient knowledge at the time perhaps. They knew Russians were trying but they did not know the extent or how successful they might be perhaps. Or perhaps they figured Hillary would win despite the attempts?

There are plenty of potential reasons. There was no sufficient knowledge at the time perhaps. They knew Russians were trying but they did not know the extent or how successful they might be perhaps. Or perhaps they figured Hillary would win despite the attempts?

Or, did they not give a ****, until Clinton didn't turn out to be president?

My theory: they didn't believe Clinton could lose and if they were wrong, they could create the brew-ha-ha we have now to undermine President Trump.

Pretty dick move. Wouldn't you agree?

HOW! DID HE GO TO FUSION OR DID HILLARY R. CLINTON DID!

Does not matter who initiated investigation of suspicious activity (originally Republicans did). What matters is

1. whether they attacked us (we know they did, we don't know all the details)

2. how successful was the attack (how many vote counts did they change directly? how many people got affected by fake news? etc.). This is not known so far and may never be known.

3. whether Trump committed treason / colluded with them (looks more and more likely)

But in the larger picture Trump played the election game better than Hillary did.

Would you stick to that point if it's proven that Russians changed the critical vote counts? Does "playing the game better" include getting help from another nation to change votes that benefit you? Maybe so...

I deleted it to give the author the benefit of a doubt on the limited scope he mentioned of the alleged rigging. But in the larger picture Trump played the election game better than Hillary did.

Are you saying that he directed Manafort to share the polling data with Russian Intelligence?

Or, did they not give a ****, until Clinton didn't turn out to be president?

My theory: they didn't believe Clinton could lose and if they were wrong, they could create the brew-ha-ha we have now to undermine President Trump.

Pretty dick move. Wouldn't you agree?

No, I would not agree. Trump is being investigated thanks only to his own actions. He made his bed.

No, I would not agree. Trump is being investigated thanks only to his own actions. He made his bed.

The investigation started before the election. That's what Peter Strzok meant by an "insurance policy".

The investigation started before the election. That's what Peter Strzok meant by an "insurance policy".

Yes, so what? I repeat: Trump is being investigated thanks only to his own actions. He made his bed.

Would you stick to that point if it's proven that Russians changed the critical vote counts? Does "playing the game better" include getting help from another nation to change votes that benefit you? Maybe so...

No. If it made a difference in the actual outcome, than that would be a big problem. But I don't think it did.

Are you saying that he directed Manafort to share the polling data with Russian Intelligence?

No. I'm saying selling hats and doing massive meet-and-greets with average working stiffs instead of schmoozing with rich campaign donors in 5-star hotels in New York, Washington, and California was brilliant. :2wave:

No. I'm saying selling hats and doing massive meet-and-greets with average working stiffs instead of schmoozing with rich campaign donors in 5-star hotels in New York, Washington, and California was brilliant. :2wave:

What does that have to do with the Trump campaign sharing polling data with Russian Intelligence?

and this

etc, etc..

polling data is public knowledge.
umm lets see.

election propaganda is amazing and you realize that the US very much does the same thing in other countries?
we have been doing it for years so the fact that well someone does it to us gives us little room to cry about it.

overall the influence was non-existent and not a factor. people were either going to vote for trump or not vote for trump
based on what he said vs propaganda spewed.

unless someone can show with evidence that russia actually changed vote counts on voting machines or voting systems
their was nothing rigged.

What does that have to do with the Trump campaign sharing polling data with Russian Intelligence?

Nothing, other than one made a difference in the outcome of the election while the other didn't, unless one believes in the Easter Bunny, Sasquatch, the Tooth Fairy, and Hillary. And sharing polling data with Russian intelligence? Really? Or are you referring to the Ukrainian political consultant with alleged ties to Russian intelligence? Until we get to the bottom of Russian intelligence's links to Christopher Steel's Orbis Business Intelligence and it's role in providing information for the Trump Dossier, I can't get too excited about Manafort and polling data. I mean, if the Russians really wanted Trump elected (and didn't just desire to disrupt our elections), why feed dirt on Trump, true or not, to people with links to Hillary's campaign?

Back
Top Bottom