• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russians leaked Mueller investigation evidence online, prosecutors say

CEngelbrecht

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Russians leaked Mueller investigation evidence online, prosecutors say | The Guardian

Evidence gathered by Robert Mueller, the special counsel, was obtained by Russians and leaked online in an attempt to discredit his inquiry into Moscow’s interference in US politics, prosecutors said on Wednesday.

A court filing by Mueller’s office said more than 1,000 files that it shared confidentially with attorneys for indicted Russian hackers later appeared to have been uploaded to a filesharing site and promoted by a Twitter account.

“We’ve got access to the Special Counsel Mueller’s probe database as we hacked Russian server with info from the Russian troll case,” a tweet from the account said. “You can view all the files Mueller had about the IRA and Russian collusion. Enjoy the reading!”

[...]

The prosecutors said the filesharing site had confirmed to the FBI that the account which posted the material was registered from an IP address – an identifier for devices connected to the internet – in Russia.

FBI investigators had found no evidence that government servers holding the data had been hacked, according to Mueller’s team, pointing instead to a leak on the Russian side.

Nope, we're not at war.

What do they have to fear from the U.S., Trump's their boy, and 35% of our population are collaborators in that tryst.

They can do whatever they want, what's he gonna do, lift more sanctions to reward them?
Trump just got finished telling our U.S. intelligence agencies to go back to school...but he'll never speak bad about Putin/Russia. Not really a head-scratcher at this point.

Sounds to me like the Russians have their own problems with THEIR servers being hacked...by Russians.
LOL!!
Collaborators, comrades, unite.

The court had limited who could get the discovery information and I am sure it did not include the Russian government agents. I hope the American team of lawyers that are involved get their butts kicked by the court.

Me too. The judge already berated one attorney of theirs for being generally an unprofessional asshole, and we knew this might be their ploy, and sure enough, brazen Russia is actively running disinformation campaigns against the U.S. for Trump...STILL. Amazing. They have nothing to fear from the U.S.

Not surprising, most corrupt administration ever.

The Mueller team leaks the info to Russians - and then Russians posted it on a vulnerable server - thus proving there is EXTREME corruption on Mueller's staff and the Mueller team has released the information via Russia in a way allowed plausible deniability on the part of Mueller's staff.

The court had limited who could get the discovery information and I am sure it did not include the Russian government agents. I hope the American team of lawyers that are involved get their butts kicked by the court.

What makes you think those lawyers gave anything to "Russian government agents"?

The article said those lawyers got hacked.

What makes you think those lawyers gave anything to "Russian government agents"?

The article said those lawyers got hacked.

The website thta gives a link to the info says it hacked Mueller's computers, but Mueller says not so. IN fact all info points to the Russians and the only place they could have gotten the info is from the discovery info given to the Russian company's American lawyers.

Did you read the transcript of the judge uber dressed them down in court? Hell hath no fury.......

It was sweet, from where I sit.

The Mueller team leaks the info to Russians - and then Russians posted it on a vulnerable server - thus proving there is EXTREME corruption on Mueller's staff and the Mueller team has released the information via Russia in a way allowed plausible deniability on the part of Mueller's staff.

Mueller team did not leak anything. Concord, a Russian company was named in an indictment, but it was all a Russian op to use the discovery process to find out what it can on Mueller's motives, strategies, etc., and use that information, by modifying it, changing it, adding stuff that isn't there, including memes used by the Russian troll farm, in an effort to discredit the office of Special Council in a disinformation campaign. At worst, Mueller was a victim of a Russian Op. I hope Trumpsters are happy knowing that Russia is infiltrating our society, on many levels, all in the service of one Donald Trump, who can't keep his lips off of Putin's pecker.

The judge chastised, in a big way in open court, the American lawyers for Concord that allowed this to Happen, it was Concord's lawyers who betrayed a public trust, that did it. I should think they will be disbarred.

You'd think some administrations over the years would at least be in contention, but... no. Grant, Nixon, Reagan, W., they can't hold a flash light to these people.

Not even close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, comrade.

In what fantasy world did you concoct this utterly ridiculous scenario?

What do they have to fear from the U.S., Trump's their boy, and 35% of our population are collaborators in that tryst.

They can do whatever they want, what's he gonna do, lift more sanctions to reward them?
Trump just got finished telling our U.S. intelligence agencies to go back to school...but he'll never speak bad about Putin/Russia. Not really a head-scratcher at this point.

We should be talking a lot more about THAT. What the **** is going on? This asshole is getting on Twitter and basically ****ting on the entire intelligence community, again, like he knows better?

This twit probably can't find Syria on a map, and he knows what's going on there better than the head of the CIA?

We should be talking a lot more about THAT. What the **** is going on? This asshole is getting on Twitter and basically ****ting on the entire intelligence community, again, like he knows better?

This twit probably can't find Syria on a map, and he knows what's going on there better than the head of the CIA?

That’s what really frightens me about Trump. For all we know, he could be selling us down the river with all those Russian ties he has. I don’t think he gives much of a damn about us anyway, judging by the first two years. Well, at least it’s half over.

The website thta gives a link to the info says it hacked Mueller's computers, but Mueller says not so. IN fact all info points to the Russians and the only place they could have gotten the info is from the discovery info given to the Russian company's American lawyers.

Not sure what link you are talking about. This is what I saw in that Guardian article that the OP linked:

“We’ve got access to the Special Counsel Mueller’s probe database as we hacked Russian server with info from the Russian troll case,” a tweet from the account said. “You can view all the files Mueller had about the IRA and Russian collusion. Enjoy the reading!”

Seems pretty clear the hackers say they hacked a Russian server. So...again...what makes you think the lawyers gave anything to anyone.

btw, what makes you think those hackers are Russian government agents? I haven't seen anything that connects them to the Russian government. Have you? If so, please give me a link.

In what fantasy world did you concoct this utterly ridiculous scenario?

The same kind of fantasy world that concocts the utterly ridiculous scenario that Trump is Putin's puppet.

Mueller team did not leak anything. Concord, a Russian company was named in an indictment, but it was all a Russian op to use the discovery process to find out what it can on Mueller's motives, strategies, etc., and use that information, by modifying it, changing it, adding stuff that isn't there, including memes used by the Russian troll farm, in an effort to discredit the office of Special Council in a disinformation campaign. At worst, Mueller was a victim of a Russian Op. I hope Trumpsters are happy knowing that Russia is infiltrating our society, on many levels, all in the service of one Donald Trump, who can't keep his lips off of Putin's pecker.

The judge chastised, in a big way in open court, the American lawyers for Concord that allowed this to Happen, it was Concord's lawyers who betrayed a public trust, that did it. I should think they will be disbarred.

Oh...it's the American lawyer's fault that Russians hacked the server on which was stored discovery material that Mueller gave to the lawyers.

That's like saying it's Wasserman-Schultz's fault that someone hacked the server that the DNC stored all their files on. It's like saying it's Podesta's fault that someone broke into his google email account and got all his emails. (Oh...wait...yeah, THAT one is his fault. He was a dumbass who used "password" for his password.)

I wonder...did Mueller give the discovery material to the lawyers in digital form? Did the judge order Mueller to turn over the discovery material?

Maybe the judge should admit to a certain amount of fault?

Oh...it's the American lawyer's fault that Russians hacked the server on which was stored discovery material that Mueller gave to the lawyers.

That's like saying it's Wasserman-Schultz's fault that someone hacked the server that the DNC stored all their files on. It's like saying it's Podesta's fault that someone broke into his google email account and got all his emails. (Oh...wait...yeah, THAT one is his fault. He was a dumbass who used "password" for his password.)

I wonder...did Mueller give the discovery material to the lawyers in digital form? Did the judge order Mueller to turn over the discovery material?

Maybe the judge should admit to a certain amount of fault?

You should probably read the actual response to the motion...

On October 22, 2018, the newly created Twitter account @HackingRedstone published the
following tweet: “We’ve got access to the Special Counsel Mueller’s probe database as we hacked
Russian server with info from the Russian troll case Concord LLC v. Mueller. You can view all
the files Mueller had about the IRA and Russian collusion. Enjoy the reading!”

The tweet also included a link to a webpage located on an online file-sharing portal. This webpage contained file
folders with names and folder structures that are unique to the names and structures of materials
(including tracking numbers assigned by the Special Counsel’s Office) produced by the
government in discovery.

The FBI’s initial review of the over 300,000 files from the website has
found that the unique “hashtag” values of over 1,000 files on the website matched the hashtag
values of files produced in discovery.

Furthermore, the FBI’s ongoing review has found no
evidence that U.S. government servers, including servers used by the Special Counsel’s Office,
fell victim to any computer intrusion involving the discovery files.
The fact that the file folder names and folder structure on the webpage significantly match
the non-public names and file structure of the materials produced in discovery, and the fact that
over 1,000 files on the webpage match those produced in discovery, establish that the person(s)
who created the webpage had access to at least some of the non-sensitive discovery produced by
the government in this case.

Furthermore, the fact that some of the file structure on the webpage
includes the “REL” file designation, which indicates the data was taken from a Relativity database,
also suggests that the data was not taken from the Special Counsel’s Office or the U.S. Attorney’s
Office, because the government has not used Relativity databases to store data related to this case.
In addition, the dissemination of the link to the webpage via a Twitter message claiming to provide
access to “all the files Mueller had about the IRA and Russian collusion” and the fact that the
webpage contained numerous irrelevant files suggest that the person who created the webpage
used their knowledge of the non-sensitive discovery to make it appear as though the irrelevant files
contained on the webpage were the sum total evidence of “IRA and Russian collusion” gathered
by law enforcement in this matter in an apparent effort to discredit the investigation.

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2019/images/01/30/2019-1-30concord.2.pdf

It's like this every few weeks. Trump does something that seems like it would have destroyed any other presidency and caused a national security crisis, but we just sit and "wait for Mueller". We don't even know the scope of Mueller's investigation, he may only have looked narrowly at the campaign, or he may be looking at Trump from a counterintelligence perspective, we just don't know.

And his supporter our out there saying "Russia's been attacking us for decades, who cares". <- so much stupid compressed into their minds, it's maddening.

Back
Top Bottom