• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian's have started the war in Ukraine

I support arming Ukraine and implementing tougher and tougher sanctions.

After the initial noise has died down, the sanctions will go away, since they won't be very effective in the first place.
Europeans can't live without basic energy supplies. Biden can't send any their way, since he hates America's energy industries.
Maybe he can send some solar panels in Europe -- after buying them from China, which he'll still do after it invades Taiwan.

After the initial noise has died down, the sanctions will go away, since they won't be very effective in the first place.
Europeans can't live without basic energy supplies. Biden can't send any their way, since he hates America's energy industries.
Maybe he can send some solar panels in Europe -- after buying them from China, which he'll still do after it invades Taiwan.
Wishful thinking. The Middle East Oil enterprises won't be able to resist upping production in the face of these higher prices.

I support arming Ukraine and implementing tougher and tougher sanctions.

Fine, me too. I wish Obama would've done that. But you didn't answer my question.

"What would they have to do for you to support an armed response from the west?"

Wishful thinking. The Middle East Oil enterprises won't be able to resist upping production in the face of these higher prices.

Lol. Ignorance is bliss.

Two countries are sitting on almost all the spare capacity right now. SA and UAE. Neither of them have shown any inclination to bring more production online. SA specifically rejected calls from the US to increase output in December. SA has been pretty clear they are happy with ~70WTI and they are not looking to help the Biden administration, UAE is in a similar camp, but not as ardently.

Lol. Ignorance is bliss.

Two countries are sitting on almost all the spare capacity right now. SA and UAE. Neither of them have shown any inclination to bring more production online. SA specifically rejected calls from the US to increase output in December. SA has been pretty clear they are happy with ~70WTI and they are not looking to help the Biden administration, UAE is in a similar camp, but not as ardently.
They won't be able to resist. What is Russia going to do for them. Invade them too.

They won't be able to resist.

Other than the fact that the oil price has been bouncing around the 80's for nearly six months and they have resisted.... there is that...

Other than the fact that the oil price has been bouncing around the 80's for nearly six months and they have resisted.... there is that...
Its much higher than $80 now. It would be absurd for then to wait for the price to go back down to sell their product. There is nothing it for them to do that.

Its much higher than $80 now. It would be absurd for then to wait for the price to go back down to sell their product. There is nothing it for them to do that.

We will see, but I doubt it.

Trumpers don't give a shit about Democracy, they're leader admires those who crush it, and he thinks we should give crushing it a go at our southern border. Let us all remember this in the 2024 election.
‘This is genius.’ We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. Very savvy, I know him very well.
Former President Trump

Just an an amazing quote from a creepy former president of the United States of America...

‘This is genius.’ We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. Very savvy, I know him very well.
Former President Trump

Just an an amazing quote from a creepy former president of the United States of America...
Yeah, it's gross. His words about our southern border are what prove his interpreters wrong. He admires that bastard to the point of saying we should try it. Sick. I know Mexico is glad he's gone.

Fine, me too. I wish Obama would've done that. But you didn't answer my question.

"What would they have to do for you to support an armed response from the west?"

If by that you mean direct involvement then it would have to take invasion into NATO countries. But hopefully Russia will have its hands full with Ukraine.

I don't see how Putin does not come out of this as world Pariah....the 21st Century Hitler.
We have some conservatives in other threads claiming Putin is the hero here...in one case a poster claims that Putin is benevolently helping the Russians in Ukraine fight their "civil war" (that doesn't exist) against Ukrainian oppression.

A good way to fight a foe much larger and stronger is through an insurgency. This will destroy Ukraine, weaken Russia and take years of bloody fighting to make the Russians leave.

That takes balls right there. This ain't a first world western nation with lip service to civil liberties.

Back
Top Bottom