• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian's have started the war in Ukraine

Putin might have just helped Democrats in the midterms. Remember how unpopular Bush who stole the presidency had low approval and was heading toward losing re-election quickly until 9/11. Bush had said he wanted to be a war president to get political capital for his agenda. Now Biden is likely to get it.
I thought we weren't going to war?

US officials should 'accidentally' say Afghanistan instead of Ukraine and correct themselves in public statements, to mock Putin for repeating Russia's mistaken invasion of that country which greatly led to the fall of the USSR, which Putin is so upset about.

Ya, someone could point out how we're not really ones to talk after our own mistakes there, but it's worth it. If anything it makes the point more clearly that we're admitting it.

You can see my thread on that, which starts a couple creative ideas and mentions a need for the west to look for Putin's weaknesses to exploit.

I say blow up his personal yachts. We have to know where at least some of them are.

I say blow up his personal yachts. We have to know where at least some of them are.
Earlier this month, he suddenly moved his super yacht from Germany before it finished repairs, back to Russia, which I listed as an indicator he was planning to invade. I'd think we should consider giving Ukraine drones for such purposes.

An important question in this situation is how vulnerable Putin is to the Russian people's reaction to this. Are they going to support or condemn his actions, and if they condemn them, how vulnerable is he?

So you calling for WWIII then? You do realize now there's nukes, right?
I caught someone on the news reporting that Putin actually spoke tonight and reminded everyone that Russia was a nuclear armed country...

I caught someone on the news reporting that Putin actually spoke tonight and reminded everyone that Russia was a nuclear armed country...

And Russia certainly wouldn't have taken this action if Ukraine still had theirs.

And Russia certainly wouldn't have taken this action if Ukraine still had theirs.
And Ukraine agreed to give them up as we assured them of some protection.

No one wants war but are people just going to sit idly by if Russia wants more conquest?

Just seems like another world war is around the corner.

No one wants war but are people just going to sit idly by if Russia wants more conquest?

Just seems like another world war is around the corner.

No one said anything about sitting idly by.

No one said anything about sitting idly by.
We're facing a real dilemma and need for a major international political effort to figure out how to contain Putin in light of the threat of nuclear weapons. Without them, the options would be a lot more clear. As I posted a thread about yesterday, it's a reminder of our need to eliminate nukes globally.

Now that Russia has invaded Ukraine, hopefully the 44 million Ukrainian people will head for the US Border, which as we all know is wide open to everyone. They can all become citizens and voters just like y'all wanted.

No , OP.
Supporting the Russian separatists and pre-empting retaliatory action by ' demilitarisation and denazification '.
Normal sensible strategy which hurts the US but that is what happens when you stick out your chin and make big empty noises .
All brought on by the US as usual.

This could have easily been avoided if Biden Admin/NATO had simply acknowledged Russia’s legitimate security concerns regarding Ukraine’s becoming a member of NATO, which would mean US/NATO forces right on Russia’s border--- Tulse Gabbard . A smart woman .

I have an answer to how to kick Putin out of the UN.

It can't be done by removing Russia as a permanent member of the Security Council with a veto. That would need approval of all five permanent members, so Russia could veto it.

However, the same process that led to Taiwan losing its place as one of the five could be used.

The general assembly passes a bill by 2/3 saying who the recognized government is, which in 1971 they voted to recognize the mainland government instead of Taiwan, and they took their seat in the UN and their position as a permanent member of the Security council.

So if 2/3 of the US votes to recognize, say, Victor Navalny or another alternative as the president of Russia instead of Putin - Putin nd his government could be kicked out.

No , OP.
Supporting the Russian separatists and pre-empting retaliatory action by ' demilitarisation and denazification '.
Normal sensible strategy which hurts the US but that is what happens when you stick out your chin and make big empty noises .
All brought on by the US as usual.

This could have easily been avoided if Biden Admin/NATO had simply acknowledged Russia’s legitimate security concerns regarding Ukraine’s becoming a member of NATO, which would mean US/NATO forces right on Russia’s border--- Tulse Gabbard . A smart woman .

Yet, the shelling has been one sided so far, nothing from Ukraine.

It's amazing how gullible you guys are, you'll make Putin proud. #Go Putin.

Trumpers credibility is now in the negatives. Let's see how low you guys can go. Let me guess, when Russia attacks us, we'll deserve it? Because, Biden? Trumpers are a ****ing joke that's not funny anymore.

Trumpers credibility is now in the negatives. Let's see how low you guys can go. Let me guess, when Russia attacks us, we'll deserve it? Because, Biden? Trumpers are a ****ing joke that's not funny anymore.

We need items with the logo "Putin/trump 2024" to show their views.

Between the uniting of Trumpist party leaders and Putin and with China's approval, it'll definitely be a bad year for democracy. And this could be just the beginning of Putin's attempt to reassemble the USSR...
Trumpers don't give a shit about Democracy, they're leader admires those who crush it, and he thinks we should give crushing it a go at our southern border. Let us all remember this in the 2024 election.

We need items with the logo "Putin/trump 2024" to show their views.
I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they make those themselves and plaster them all over the United States.

I think we can all safely say now, none of this is an accident.

PUT IN

Putin
trump

in the White (nudge, wink) House 2024

And therefore what? Russia has carte blanche to invade anyone it wants because of that? What would they have to do for you to support an armed response from the west?

And therefore what? Russia has carte blanche to invade anyone it wants because of that? What would they have to do for you to support an armed response from the west?

I support arming Ukraine and implementing tougher and tougher sanctions.

Back
Top Bottom