• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian warships: Why are they sailing toward Syria?

Well, Iran is about to send 5000 troops.
Do you believe it?? It was also reported in your media.

It is just a report.

When medias from that region were blaming CIA about the coup in Iran many many years ago, no one believed it and laughed the ass off.
Until CIA admitted it itself in 2013.

I haven't seen any reputable news talking about a major Iran troop deployment. Though obviously Iranian troops and paramilitary elements have been fighting in Syria almost since the start of the war.

If the opposition takes power I'm not sure how you ensure such an arrangement (if it exists) could hold up.

The SNC is the recognized government of Syria and is capable of making agreements, at least regarding the port.

The SNC is the recognized government of Syria and is capable of making agreements, at least regarding the port.

Has the SNC made such an agreement? I'm very supportive of the SNC and FSA but even I think it might be a stretch to assume that the SNC has enough legitimacy to make long term agreements like this let alone have automatic assurance that it will transition into Syria as the post-war government.

Has the SNC made such an agreement? I'm very supportive of the SNC and FSA but even I think it might be a stretch to assume that the SNC has enough legitimacy to make long term agreements like this let alone have automatic assurance that it will transition into Syria as the post-war government.

While their agreements are certainly questionable in the long term, they surely have the ability to make such agreements as the government of Syria. I expect they've signed the Rome Statutes and Assad will soon be charged with crimes by the ICC (as happened in Libya).

Like most think in IHS....they will help to give Assad an additional 3 to 4 mins of time.

Lol. That extra 3 minutes may be enough of a cushion for Assad to reach a mosque.

I haven't seen any reputable news talking about a major Iran troop deployment. Though obviously Iranian troops and paramilitary elements have been fighting in Syria almost since the start of the war.

Mornin' Sherman. :2wave: Yesterday, I heard something on the radio that Iran had sent QUDS Forces but it didn't say how many.

Mornin Eco. :2wave: Yet those in the North with 29 Civilian Committees and Groups do not recognize the STNC Syrian Trans-National Council. Nor do they acknowledge Idris and the FSA. They are also are backing Al Nusra.

So I doubt they will accept anything presented by the STNC or the FSA. To make any agreements in their name or in representation of their part of the country.

Heya FA. :2wave: I think we got our answer when the Israelis were testing. Russia announced Right away they had fired a missile.

The Russians kinda did, they saw a single Ankor missile (separated to 2 parts) as two missiles - and they detected the launch with a land based radar station.
(at least according to Russian sources)

Fallen.

The Russians kinda did, they saw a single Ankor missile (separated to 2 parts) as two missiles - and they detected the launch with a land based radar station.
(at least according to Russian sources)

Fallen.

That's all they will be able to do.....by Assad a couple more minutes of time. Which that will help with any S300's since set up and take down is less than 5mins.

Back
Top Bottom