• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian soldier allegedly surrenders tank for $10K, Ukrainian citizenship

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
A Russian soldier allegedly surrendered his tank to Ukraine, claiming his military bosses’ war campaign was too “chaotic” and that he’d rather take up the Ukrainians’ offer for resettlement than continue fighting.

The soldier will eventually receive $10,000, a comfortable place to live and a chance to apply for citizenship, a Ukrainian official said.

“The Russians are giving up!” Victor Andrusiv, Ukraine’s Minister of Internal Affairs, recently wrote on Facebook in a post translated to English.

Unreal. Well it is the NY Compost so who knows...

Unreal. Well it is the NY Compost so who knows...
Here is a link from the times of london , which is much more reliable.

I had heard a week or so ago that Ukraine was offering money for Russian troops to surrender.
Found a couple articles about it:

My pet name for the NY Post.

Yes, I understood that. My question is why you call it that. It is a Trump alternate facts paper.
Are you not a Trumpist?

The NY post is not a reliable source of information.
No joke, I am a new Yorker. It only ever survived when in print because of its sports pages.
Now, its a trumptard rag.

No joke, I am a new Yorker. It only ever survived when in print because of its sports pages.
Now, its a trumptard rag.
It is owned by Rupert Murdoch. Neither of NY Post or NY daily news are anything more than yellow journalism.

Yes, I understood that. My question is why you call it that. It is a Trump alternate facts paper.
Are you not a Trumpist?
The NY Post is as similiar as a British tabloid as an American paper can get. Ya it's that bad.

Since those tanks go for a couple million a piece, I would say the Ukrainians got a good deal.
A two million dollar tank and killer PR. I’m going to guess that the Russian’s quality of living will increase, so it works out for everyone involved.

Back
Top Bottom