• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian soldier’s final texts to mother before his death in Ukraine: ‘I’m scared, we’re hitting everyone’

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Russian soldier’s final texts to mother before his death in Ukraine: ‘I’m scared, we’re hitting everyone’

AAUqR6Y.img

The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) released screenshots of messages purportedly sent by a Russian soldier to his mother before he was killed

Ukrainian officials have released heartbreaking final texts purportedly sent by a Russian soldier to his mother before he was killed in combat. The Security Service of Ukraine published the messages from the unidentified soldier on Monday as the conflict raged on for a fifth day.

“I’m scared, we’re hitting everyone, even civilians,” the soldier wrote in Russian. “We had been told that people would welcome us here but they jump under our vehicles, not letting us pass. They call us fascists. “Mom, it’s so hard.”​

The soldier told his mother that he is no longer in Crimea doing training exercises and says: “We were told that [civilians] would welcome us.” When the mother asked if she could send him a package, he replied that “the only thing I want now is to hang myself”.

The tragic messages - which have only been verified by Ukrainian sources - came as Russian President Vladimir Putin’s forces were accused of killing a child and two adults by dropping bombs on a pre-school in the city of Okhtyrka. The strike may constitute a war crime, human rights organisation Amnesty International said. Agnès Callamard, secretary general of Amnesty, said: “It is stomach-turning to see an indiscriminate attack on a nursery and kindergarten where civilians are seeking safe haven.” Drone footage from the scene shows cluster munitions struck at least seven locations on or near the building, Amnesty said.

Unverified, yet it certainly has a ring of truth to it. Most of the Russian conscript soldiers probably do not want to be in Ukraine, killing their ethnic neighbors and perhaps even relatives.

AAUqR6Y.img

The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) released screenshots of messages purportedly sent by a Russian soldier to his mother before he was killed

Unverified, yet it certainly has a ring of truth to it. Most of the Russian conscript soldiers probably do not want to be in Ukraine, killing their ethnic neighbors and perhaps even relatives.

It has an impact, and speaks truth even if this is manufactured. It's tragic and really sad. I wonder if the name of the solider is known, or his mother's name? This is what Putin has done...

AAUqR6Y.img

there is so much bullshit being passed around, I'm skeptical of a lot. I keep seeing reports of fake pictures and other unverified stuff. I would think it would be frowned upon sending texts during war

Back
Top Bottom