• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Russian" rouble tanks as bids evaporate in offshore trade

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
If the US proves to be able to weather these economic headwinds of $4 - $8 a gallon for gas, it will collapse Russia. I think it is likely the US will prevail and prove the West is still in control of the world for now.

If the US proves to be able to weather these economic headwinds of $4 - $8 a gallon for gas, it will collapse Russia. I think it is likely the US will prevail and prove the West is still in control of the world for now.

looks like 1991, moscow is near its collapse

I think the end game is coming into focus. Putin will likely not succeed in toppling Zolensky's government - at least not for now. But if he can get Ukraine to accept Crimea as part of Russia and the Donbas as independent republics, then he can go back home and claim he established a buffer zone between him and the "bad guys" in Ukraine.

That said, I think the political elite know that Putin overreached on this one, and it'll be interesting to see if there emerges a threat to Putin's regime. If there is, I wouldn't assume that any potential rival is going to be nicer or any more democratically minded than Putin is.

"
The rouble bids were
indicated as low as 150 (y) to
the dollar "

really bad news for czar vova and his gang ... high inflation and deficit killed ussr´s empire and vova knows it

View attachment 67378730

Expand the photo and take a look at that white-haired guy in the middle smoking a cigarette and giving the photographer the evil eye.

I think the end game is coming into focus. Putin will likely not succeed in toppling Zolensky's government - at least not for now. But if he can get Ukraine to accept Crimea as part of Russia and the Donbas as independent republics, then he can go back home and claim he established a buffer zone between him and the "bad guys" in Ukraine.

That said, I think the political elite know that Putin overreached on this one, and it'll be interesting to see if there emerges a threat to Putin's regime. If there is, I wouldn't assume that any potential rival is going to be nicer or any more democratically minded than Putin is.

Expand the photo and take a look at that white-haired guy in the middle smoking a cigarette and giving the photographer the evil eye.
kind of Breaking , Terrible news for Putler: more THAN 4,300 PEOPLE ARRESTED (absolute record ) at anti-war protest across Muscovy

Good to see that dozens of American and EU companies are pulling out of Muscovy or suspending their services, And not everyone in Muscovy is on board for USSR 2.0.

LOL, yes, you made my day thank you

what do think about this ussr reality (putin´s wet dream ) ?

kind of Breaking , Terrible news for Putler: more THAN 4,300 PEOPLE ARRESTED (absolute record ) at anti-war protest across Muscovy

Good to see that dozens of American and EU companies are pulling out of Muscovy or suspending their services, And not everyone in Muscovy is on board for USSR 2.0.

Make gulags great again? lol

Make gulags great again? lol

Putin's finding out that controlling the narrative is much more difficult than it was in the old Soviet days. Simply calling the other side "white nationalists" only works on the really stupid people.

Putin's finding out that controlling the narrative is much more difficult than it was in the old Soviet days. Simply calling the other side "white nationalists" only works on the really stupid people.

yes, and today Putin's finding out that his Muscovy is a gas- station :D

1$ = 400 rubles today 🤣

1647001292689.png

(y)

Russia is quickly approaching hyperinflation territory, which is why Putin's looking for an off-ramp. The problem is, the world needs to come to the realization that nobody's safe with Putin in charge of Russia. The sanctions should remain in place even after Putin withdraws forces. Unfortunately, I think this will cause some rifts and friction among allies.

If they can't rebuild their military they are in bad shape when their offensive inevitably stalls and collapses.

It's going to be funny when Ukrainian troops expel the Russian invaders and retake Crimea.

If they can't rebuild their military they are in bad shape when their offensive inevitably stalls and collapses.

It's going to be funny when Ukrainian troops expel the Russian invaders and retake Crimea.

Russia's army is logistically out of options and they're apparently not that competent after all. I mean, what, three or four top generals -- generals?! - dead?! In like a week?!

Unfortunately, they've got lots of artillery and bombs. And they can control the checkpoints. But a few weeks from now, they're gonna need gas, food, and things that keep Russian soldiers from walking off the job. That's why they'll have to get out of Ukraine. But they can probably occupy the Donbas and keep the ports. They can choke and torment Ukraine economically, especially if they partially withdraw and can get some of the sanctions lifted...which is probably what Putin is counting on. He wants to divide the alliance over sanctions.

Russia is quickly approaching hyperinflation territory, which is why Putin's looking for an off-ramp. The problem is, the world needs to come to the realization that nobody's safe with Putin in charge of Russia. The sanctions should remain in place even after Putin withdraws forces. Unfortunately, I think this will cause some rifts and friction among allies.
yes man, great post! terrible news for the Evil Empire

Russia's army is logistically out of options and they're apparently not that competent after all. I mean, what, three or four top generals -- generals?! - dead?! In like a week?!

Unfortunately, they've got lots of artillery and bombs. And they can control the checkpoints. But a few weeks from now, they're gonna need gas, food, and things that keep Russian soldiers from walking off the job. That's why they'll have to get out of Ukraine. But they can probably occupy the Donbas and keep the ports. They can choke and torment Ukraine economically, especially if they partially withdraw and can get some of the sanctions lifted...which is probably what Putin is counting on. He wants to divide the alliance over sanctions.
ps from today

1647095917253.png

They would need to resupply wherever they want to hold. To do that they're going to need the supplies.

"According to official data, since the end of last week, sugar has risen in price by 12.8% in #Russia" sounds like 1991 to me )))) do you agree guys ?

Back
Top Bottom