• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian retreat in Bucha, Irpin, Hostomel area

This is what I fear.

And destroy the city leaving it uninhabitable, for what purpose? I wouldn't put it past Putin though.
As a way to kill Ukrainian morale so that they can get more out of any peace-talks negotiations.

This is what I fear.

Naw they are pulling back because they are unable to continue offensive operations in that region. With the amount of troops they amassed on the border they NEVER had the numbers to take Kyiv. This reality seems to have finally dawned on someone higher up and they are now focusing most of their operations in the south and the Donbass.

As a way to kill Ukrainian morale so that they can get more out of any peace-talks negotiations.
If they deploy tactical nukes I doubt they'd target Kiev, Kiev is too ideologically important to nuke. Kiev is the place they need to parade through, and where Putin then can be filmed visiting the cathedrals and other medieval sites of Kievan Rus. They might well target other Ukrainian cities, but to nuke on of the cradles of Rus identity, that's a no.

Kyiv is unobtainiable and Russian forces have been mauled trying to encircle it.

Seems to me Moscow will devote most of its military resources to establishing a land bridge from Russia to Crimea.

This necessitates the taking of Mariupol and then Berdyansk in the southeast. Perhaps Kherson in the south also.

Back
Top Bottom