• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian planemakers eye global markets

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Link
BBC News - Russian planemakers eye global markets

Quote(Desperate to shed its Soviet Union image as a manufacturer of clunky airliners, Russia is eager to become a significant player in the global civil aviation market.

So is this lofty goal achievable?)

Perhaps it may become achievable, but only after people are able to forget the quite large number of Russian aircraft that have a habit of falling out of the sky.

Having traveled on Russian aircraft (unwillingly I hasten to add, but the only other form of transport was shanks's pony) and experiencing the discomfort of Russian built aircraft, I would not willingly travel in one of their aircraft again.

First of all if they have a reputation for falling out of the sky its not necessarily the designers fault but the third world maintenance. Secondly, Russians are not a comfort minded industry. I have no doubt they could make a good plane. But something that could take the place of an airbus or boeing. Not so sure. Dont know though, I dont know how the aerospace industry works.

Back
Top Bottom