• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian planemakers eye global markets

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Link
BBC News - Russian planemakers eye global markets

Quote(Desperate to shed its Soviet Union image as a manufacturer of clunky airliners, Russia is eager to become a significant player in the global civil aviation market.

So is this lofty goal achievable?)

Perhaps it may become achievable, but only after people are able to forget the quite large number of Russian aircraft that have a habit of falling out of the sky.

Having traveled on Russian aircraft (unwillingly I hasten to add, but the only other form of transport was shanks's pony) and experiencing the discomfort of Russian built aircraft, I would not willingly travel in one of their aircraft again.

Link
BBC News - Russian planemakers eye global markets

Quote(Desperate to shed its Soviet Union image as a manufacturer of clunky airliners, Russia is eager to become a significant player in the global civil aviation market.

So is this lofty goal achievable?)

Perhaps it may become achievable, but only after people are able to forget the quite large number of Russian aircraft that have a habit of falling out of the sky.

Having traveled on Russian aircraft (unwillingly I hasten to add, but the only other form of transport was shanks's pony) and experiencing the discomfort of Russian built aircraft, I would not willingly travel in one of their aircraft again.

It is possible, but has a very low probability

Russia, does have the technology to be able to do so, but it does not have the economic policies that will allow it to follow through with it. Too much corruption along with too much political interference in business operations. It could become a strong player in parts suppliers for the aircraft industry though.

I thought for a moment the title said Russian Eyemakers Plane Global Markets, which of course means something quite different.

Now that'd be a debate worth having!

-- So is this lofty goal achievable?)

It's usually the experimental ones at airshows that we hear about. Some of their recent fighter bombers seem to have pretty high ratings - they don't have the technology to match the very latest US fighters and air superiority aircraft though.

--Having traveled on Russian aircraft (unwillingly I hasten to add, but the only other form of transport was shanks's pony) and experiencing the discomfort of Russian built aircraft, I would not willingly travel in one of their aircraft again.

I traveled in a few around Africa some years ago and found they were pretty good pilots. My scariest experiences have been recently on package flights with Southern European carriers on old Boeings and Airbuses.

hmm... if they do succeed on having their projects im sure it will still be some really big planes they will be havign im all up for the country to go ahead with it.

Back
Top Bottom