• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian official apologizes for war in Ukraine at UN climate meeting

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I'd say Putin murders him at some point.

"Let me present an apology on behalf of all Russians not able to prevent this conflict," Anisimov said at the closing plenary of the virtual, 195-nation forum, according to three sources who heard him speak."

Global warming could happen quicker in Russia's coldest region

Don't drink the tea...

Yup this guy actually said this? Clueless Kerry......

John Kerry blasted for saying he hopes Putin will focus on climate change as Russia attacks Ukraine​

Kerry, President Biden’s climate czar, made the comment during an interview Monday on BBC Arabic
The interview aired Wednesday, the day Russian forces attacked Ukraine across several fronts.
“I’m concerned about Ukraine because of the people of Ukraine and because of the principles that are at risk, in terms of international law and trying to change boundaries of international law by force,” Kerry reportedly said. “I thought we lived in a world that had said no to that kind of activity. And I hope diplomacy will win.

Former Secretary of State John Kerry has been ripped for expressing hope that Vladimir Putin would “stay on track” in the fight against climate change in an interview that aired on the day the Russian strongman unleashed the invasion of Ukraine.

“But it could have a profound negative impact on the climate, obviously. You have a war and obviously you’re going to have massive emissions consequences to the war,” he said.
“But equally importantly, you’re going to lose people’s focus, you’re going to lose certainly big country attention because they will be diverted and I think it could have a damaging impact,” Kerry continued.

“So, you know, I think hopefully President Putin would realize that in the northern part of his country, they used to live on 66 percent of the nation that was over frozen land,” he said.

“Now it’s thawing, and his infrastructure is at risk and the people of Russia are at risk,” Kerry added. “And so I hope President Putin will help us to stay on track with respect to what we need to do for the climate.”

I assume that official is not returning to Russia.

We should not forget that many other Russians are equally disgusted by what their government is doing.

"Let me present an apology on behalf of all Russians not able to prevent this conflict," Anisimov said at the closing plenary of the virtual, 195-nation forum, according to three sources who heard him speak."

Wow

Zelinskey is the world's next superhero. You see Putin on the front lines? Or riding a horse shirtless lately? He's gone off the rails, Russia will be the next North Korea.

Yup this guy actually said this? Clueless Kerry......

John Kerry blasted for saying he hopes Putin will focus on climate change as Russia attacks Ukraine​

Kerry, President Biden’s climate czar, made the comment during an interview Monday on BBC Arabic
The interview aired Wednesday, the day Russian forces attacked Ukraine across several fronts.
“I’m concerned about Ukraine because of the people of Ukraine and because of the principles that are at risk, in terms of international law and trying to change boundaries of international law by force,” Kerry reportedly said. “I thought we lived in a world that had said no to that kind of activity. And I hope diplomacy will win.

Former Secretary of State John Kerry has been ripped for expressing hope that Vladimir Putin would “stay on track” in the fight against climate change in an interview that aired on the day the Russian strongman unleashed the invasion of Ukraine.

“But it could have a profound negative impact on the climate, obviously. You have a war and obviously you’re going to have massive emissions consequences to the war,” he said.
“But equally importantly, you’re going to lose people’s focus, you’re going to lose certainly big country attention because they will be diverted and I think it could have a damaging impact,” Kerry continued.

“So, you know, I think hopefully President Putin would realize that in the northern part of his country, they used to live on 66 percent of the nation that was over frozen land,” he said.

“Now it’s thawing, and his infrastructure is at risk and the people of Russia are at risk,” Kerry added. “And so I hope President Putin will help us to stay on track with respect to what we need to do for the climate.”
Kerry made the interview before Russia attacked Ukraine, it just aired after.

Uhhh, a FORMER Russian official.....died tragically from Covid related illness.

Back
Top Bottom