• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian Nationalists To Stage Marches To Mark Unity Day Holiday

Even if they weren't literal Nazis, they would at the very least be considered a terrorist organization by any considerably anti-terrorist or counterterrorist effort, due to their ultra-nationalist/far-right/neo-fascist militancy. Granted, they wouldn't be there if not for the dick measuring competition between Washington and Moscow, but I digress...

Even if they weren't literal Nazis, they would at the very least be considered a terrorist organization by any considerably anti-terrorist or counterterrorist effort, due to their ultra-nationalist/far-right/neo-fascist militancy. Granted, they wouldn't be there if not for the dick measuring competition between Washington and Moscow, but I digress...

I really don't follow your line of attack. Almost all western nations have far-right militant organizations.

You can even find armed far-right militia's in the US in Idaho, Montana, and on the southern border.

I don't see anyone here raising a stink about that. Neither you nor him. And I've also shown pics/articles of the far-right in Russia.

But bring up the far-right in the US and Russia and crickets all around. Absolutely nothing. Everything diverts back to Ukraine.

The oddest thing I've ever seen. And there's no shortage of craziness in the Age of Trump.

It's been on a steep decline since WW-II, but it looks like the scourge of nationalism is on the rise again. Is Trump's a protagonist? Or, is he merely the result? I think both.

In his UN speech, Trump proclaimed nationalism as the wave of the future.

I really don't follow your line of attack. Almost all western nations have far-right militant organizations.

That's what I'm saying. The UN Security Councilors and their biggest fluffers are some of the most massive hypocrites for overobsessing about terrorists in Ukraine when you have terrorists at the southern border, terrorists committing "mass shootings" (although they're REALLY domestic terrorist attacks but don't say that to the gun control crowd) across the US on a regular basis, Turkey also supporting terrorists while committing ethnic cleansing (due to enabling by US), Russia occupying eastern Ukraine with terrorists, China committing atrocities against ethnic Uyghurs, UK suppressing their connections to Russia a la Brexit, and NATO is falling apart while the French president laughs about it and pals around with Putin and other dictators. The most dangerous terrorist organization it would seem are not Ukrainian militants, not al-Qaeda or ISIL, but the UN Security Councilors...

Ruling party in Ukraine explains idea of lifting military draft

11/13/19
Iryna Vereshchuk, a Ukrainian MP (Servant of the People) and government envoy to parliament, has said the abolition of military draft will allow Ukraine to create professional Armed Forces in line with NATO standards. Commenting on the relevant statement by Ukrainian Defense Minister Andriy Zagorodnyuk, as well as on possible time frame for the creation of fully professional Armed Forces, she said: "Zagorodnyuk says it will not happen now, this year and even next year," according to the Ukrainian online news outlet Obozrevatel. "The strategic goal is the transition to a professional Army by NATO standards. We must strive for this. Public and government discussions in this regard have been going on for years: who is more effective on the battlefield – a professional soldier or an 18-year-old conscript who was called up after school and immediately deployed," Vereshchuk said. Vereshchuk says military draft cuts should be correlated with a buildup of the professional Army of contracted troops.

"We realize how much it takes to train someone to become a professional... NATO standards require major investment. Professionalization requires expenses from the state budget," the MP said. "If we're talking professional Army, the number [of troops] should decrease. […] We live in line with regulations drafted back in the Soviet Union. We must now do our best to save lives of our servicemen and achieve victories on the battlefield... A professional Army shouldn't be larger. There will be no need for this, because now wars are fought with combat drones and IT. [Governments] are doing their best to save the lives and health of their soldiers," she said. According to Vereshchuk, the Army is now becoming more professional. "I'll cite an example of the Spec-ops Forces. They were founded after hostilities broke out and they have proved effective," she added.

I stated this on 11/10 - Post #20 and now the official announcement has been made.

You can even find armed far-right militia's in the US in Idaho, Montana, and on the southern border.

I don't see anyone here raising a stink about that. Neither you nor him. And I've also shown pics/articles of the far-right in Russia.

But bring up the far-right in the US and Russia and crickets all around. Absolutely nothing. Everything diverts back to Ukraine.

The oddest thing I've ever seen. And there's no shortage of craziness in the Age of Trump.

The far right militias in Idaho and Montana aren’t treated as part of the US military.

You don’t see US government officials declaring that they aren’t so bad and that those pointing out that they are Nazis are spreading “propaganda”.

You do have plenty of folks excusing Nazis because they talked to them and thought they seemed like nice folks.

The far right militias in Idaho and Montana aren’t treated as part of the US military.

Can't you read? There is no Right Sector in the military. Ukraine will be transitioning to a volunteer military like the US military.

Strange that you see far-right militia's everywhere in the Ukraine military yet the soldiers of the 101st Airborne now in Ukraine have nothing but praise for the UA military.

Can't you read? There is no Right Sector in the military. Ukraine will be transitioning to a volunteer military like the US military.

Strange that you see far-right militia's everywhere in the Ukraine military yet the soldiers of the 101st Airborne now in Ukraine have nothing but praise for the UA military.

“Transitioning” does not change the fact that the country allowed literal Nazis to operate freely as part of their military.

Yep, the French Foreign Legion’s officers had nothing but nice things to say about all those ex Das Reich and LSSAH guys who joined up either. Doesn’t change the fact that they were Nazis.

----derp----

Back
Top Bottom