• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian MP Urges Attack on U.S. Embassy in Kyiv for Supplying Ukraine Arms

I think you're deliberately ignoring the threat of Russian deliberate attacks on American embassies (American soil) or a similar American threat to destroy Russian embassies.
Nevermind, I see no profit in discussing this further without that step in understanding. Goodbye.

I think you are deliberately ignoring the fact that attacking and blowing the shit out of entire countries—and utterly botching the occupation—is worse than saber rattling with no chance of actual implementation

I think you are deliberately ignoring the fact that attacking and blowing the shit out of entire countries—and utterly botching the occupation—is worse than saber rattling with no chance of actual implementation

You know those 3rd countries don't have enough nukes or military capability to threaten or destroy the USA? Can't believe I have to explain why a threat to a major nuclear power and NATO member's soil is a hill you want to die on.

You know those 3rd countries don't have enough nukes or military capability to threaten or destroy the USA? Can't believe I have to explain why a threat to a major nuclear power and NATO member's soil is a hill you want to die on.

We thought Saddam had nukes. We still attacked him anyway.

I absolutely CAN believe that “our stupidity isn’t as bad as their stupidity!” is the straw you are grasping at 😂

Fixed that for ya.

Considering the fact that the rest of America jumped right in line, to the point of demonizing anyone who opposed the invasion, “we” actually fits quite well.

Considering the fact that the rest of America jumped right in line, to the point of demonizing anyone who opposed the invasion, “we” actually fits quite well.

Your premise above is horseshit. There was plenty of opposition to invading Iraq, including from me.

Your premise above is horseshit. There was plenty of opposition to invading Iraq, including from me.

“Freedom fries” not ringing a bell? The Dixie Chicks fiasco? Those who opposed our Iraqi Crusade were declared “traitors”, and “unpatriotic”.

If I had a dollar for everyone who nowadays claims never to have supported the invasion in the first place I’d be richer than Bezos.

How soon Americans forget the actions of their own government and state.

America set the most recent precedent. Should Russia follow? Probably not, as that would likely escalate the Russo-Ukrainian War. But let's not forget who set the precedent of attacking embassies in third-party countries during conflicts.

Be well and stay alive.
Evilroddy.

We thought Saddam had nukes. We still attacked him anyway.

I absolutely CAN believe that “our stupidity isn’t as bad as their stupidity!” is the straw you are grasping at 😂

Incorrect.

We believed Saddam was working not only towards Nuke but Chemical weapons as well.

How soon Americans forget the actions of their own government and state.

America set the most recent precedent. Should Russia follow? Probably not, as that would likely escalate the Russo-Ukrainian War. But let's not forget who set the precedent of attacking embassies in third-party countries during conflicts.

Be well and stay alive.
Evilroddy.

The US apologized for the mistake.

Russia bombing the US embassy in Kyiv would probably initiate an entirely new response dynamic.

The US apologized for the mistake.

Russia bombing the US embassy in Kyiv would probably initiate an entirely new response dynamic.
Rogue Valley:

The US apologised and paid compensation but that does not mean that the attack was accidental. The out of date map excuse was just a canard to get the US and NATO off the hook.

Yes, Russia attacking the US embassy in Kyiv would be both stupid and dangerously escalatory.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

The US apologised and paid compensation but that does not mean that the attack was accidental. The out of date map excuse was just a canard to get the US and NATO off the hook.

Whatever you say bub.

But you neglected to mention that the Chinese embassy in Belgrade was engaged in transmitting military intelligence and signals to Milosevic's forces.

Whatever you say bub.

But you neglected to mention that the Chinese embassy in Belgrade was engaged in transmitting military intelligence and signals to Milosevic's forces.

Rogue Valley:

Both of the articles I posted said that explicitly and that was the main reason the US attacked the embassy, intentionally. The Observer/Politiken investigation unraveled official explanations and inquiries from Washinton, London and Brussels. Then the powers that be just ignored the issue from that point on.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Seems they both did the wrong thing.

Whatever you say bub.

Was the incident a mistake or not?

Your posts are confusing.

Was the incident a mistake or not?

Your posts are confusing.

1) The Chinese WERE using the Belgrade embassy to assist the Milosevic military.

2) The US bombing of the embassy was papered over by publicly blaming it on an out of date NATO map.

The bombing 'mistake' ended China's secret assistence to Milosevic's forces.

This dude lives in a different reality. Apparently this pinhead never studied history, otherwise he'd know how angry we got after Pearl Harbor and 9/11.
Except that the Russians are neither the Japs without nukes, nor the goat lovers. They can wipe the US off the surface of the planet. And they're far more likely to survive a nuclear war, for many reasons.
The Russian ground offensive on Kyiv was a dismal failure.
There was no offensive whatsoever against Kiev itself.
It's not worse perse from a moral standpoint. It's just more stupid for reasons that @Nomad4Ever eloquently articulated.
What are those "eloquently articulated" reasons? A picture of fighter jets?

However, I agree that attacking US embassies wouldn't make much sense and would look pretty lame. They could attack US military bases abroad on non-nato territory - those are perfectly fine targets. They could also target spies and other us-puppet lowlifes involved in regime change all over the world.

Except that the Russians are neither the Japs without nukes, nor the goat lovers. They can wipe the US off the surface of the planet. And they're far more likely to survive a nuclear war, for many reasons.

Really? Russia is somehow protected from a Nuclear Winter?

You best do some reading on the subject of nuclear armageddon.

Back
Top Bottom