• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian MP Urges Attack on U.S. Embassy in Kyiv for Supplying Ukraine Arms

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

This dude lives in a different reality. Apparently this pinhead never studied history, otherwise he'd know how angry we got after Pearl Harbor and 9/11. Even Republicans who sit on the fence over our current Ukraine involvement would change their minds and advocate giving Russia a good thrashing.

The Russian ground offensive on Kyiv was a dismal failure. I don’t understand why the Russian don’t stand off and bomb the city with aerial and artillery forces. They have the range to reach Lviv in the western portion. It seems that the US Embassy was opened a little hastily, imo.

The Russian ground offensive on Kyiv was a dismal failure. I don’t understand why the Russian don’t stand off and bomb the city with aerial and artillery forces. They have the range to reach Lviv in the western portion. It seems that the US Embassy was opened a little hastily, imo.

1) 6/24 - A captured Russian pilot confessed to being a retired Russian air force pilot working as a contractor for the Wagner Group. He said he had to use commercial GPS rather than Russian military GPS. British intelligence said this shows that Russia is running out of qualified fighter jet pilots.

2) No Russsian artillery forces are within artillery range of Kyiv.

3) The Russians attack Lviv with cruise missiles from submarines in the Black Sea and from bases in Kaliningrad. (only occasionally from a jet)

1) 6/24 - A captured Russian pilot confessed to being a retired Russian air force pilot working as a contractor for the Wagner Group. He said he had to use commercial GPS rather than Russian military GPS. British intelligence said this shows that Russia is running out of qualified fighter jet pilots.

3) The Russians attack Lviv with cruise missiles from submarines in the Black Sea and from bases in Kaliningrad. (only occasionally from a jet)
1) are Russian air craft losses that great in 4 months? Not talking rotary wing.

2) ok

3) isn’t Kyiv a shorter distance from the Black Sea? Than Lviv

This dude lives in a different reality. Apparently this pinhead never studied history, otherwise he'd know how angry we got after Pearl Harbor and 9/11. Even Republicans who sit on the fence over our current Ukraine involvement would change their minds and advocate giving Russia a good thrashing.

How is this any different than the American politicians who wanted us to invade half the Middle East after 9/11?

How is this any different than the American politicians who wanted us to invade half the Middle East after 9/11?
Republican american politicians. Saddam, WMD, Bin Laden, charge. Ready, shoot, aim.

Republican american politicians. Saddam, WMD, Bin Laden, charge. Ready, shoot, aim.

I’m just trying to figure out why it’s somehow worse when they saber rattle than when we do it?

I’m just trying to figure out why it’s somehow worse when they saber rattle than when we do it?
It's not worse perse from a moral standpoint. It's just more stupid for reasons that @Nomad4Ever eloquently articulated.

The United States Embassy in Kyiv, like all U.S. embassies everywhere, sits on United States soil. The ground encompassed by the embassy is, under international law, just as much a part of the United States as Washington D.C., or Vermont, or Texas (okay, maybe not Texas).

It's not worse perse from a moral standpoint. It's just more stupid for reasons that @Nomad4Ever eloquently articulated.

I don’t know......invading Iran, for instance, is a pretty ****ing stupid idea, but people keep pushing for it

I don’t know......invading Iran, for instance, is a pretty ****ing stupid idea, but people keep pushing for it
I'm not suggesting for a second that US lawmakers don't do stupid things. But what this Russian lawmaker suggested is in a league of stupidity all its own.

I'm not suggesting for a second that US lawmakers don't do stupid things. But what this Russian lawmaker suggested is in a league of stupidity all its own.

He’s probably just “thinking” about 1999. We blew the everliving shit out of the Chinese embassy in Belgrade and they didn’t do anything about it, after all.

He’s probably just “thinking” about 1999. We blew the everliving shit out of the Chinese embassy in Belgrade and they didn’t do anything about it, after all.
Still stupid to assume the US would respond in the same way given the current geopolitical climate.

Back then, no US politician said "We should bomb the Chinese embassy in Belgrade for such and such reason(s)!".
Here, we have a Russian politician calling for the intentional bombing of the US Embassy in Kiev.

So if our embassy get's hit, we won't just say "meh" like China did in 1999. Because us hitting the China embassy was an accident. The hit of our embassy would hardly be called "accidental" after this because it is a specific threat.

Back then, no US politician said "We should bomb the Chinese embassy in Belgrade for such and such reason(s)!".
Here, we have a Russian politician calling for the intentional bombing of the US Embassy in Kiev.

So if our embassy get's hit, we won't just say "meh" like China did in 1999. Because us hitting the China embassy was an accident. The hit of our embassy would hardly be called "accidental" after this because it is a specific threat.

An article DID come out stating that the bombing was intentional.

Whether it was.....who knows.

Did the American politicians call for bombing Russian embassies in "half the Middle East after 9/11?"

I don't think they did because of the consequences. We've also seen Russian MPs calling for assault on the UK but that's not about to happen.

Tough spot.

Actually I have commented before if Russia wants to win they have to attack supply lines and the hands that feed them. It’s War 101. Just because we allowed Iran to blow limbs off our soldiers in Iraq doesn’t mean Russia has to do the same with the US and ignore it.

Sounds like a lot of propagandistic claims by a regime getting thrashed.

1) are Russian air craft losses that great in 4 months? Not talking rotary wing.

2) ok

3) isn’t Kyiv a shorter distance from the Black Sea? Than Lviv

1) Russia has lost ~216 fixed wing aircraft. They are now using retired former military pilots.

2) Kyiv is ~270 mi from the Black Sea. Lviv is ~360 mi from the Black Sea.

ps. The Russians view Lviv as tactically more important and Kyiv as strategically more important.

Did the American politicians call for bombing Russian embassies in "half the Middle East after 9/11?"

I don't think they did because of the consequences. We've also seen Russian MPs calling for assault on the UK but that's not about to happen.

Nah, we just called for bombing entire countries instead. Supposedly so much better 🙄

Nah, we just called for bombing entire countries instead. Supposedly so much better 🙄

I think you're deliberately ignoring the threat of Russian deliberate attacks on American embassies (American soil) or a similar American threat to destroy Russian embassies.
Nevermind, I see no profit in discussing this further without that step in understanding. Goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom