• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian Mole Has Been Uncovered Inside NATO Intelligence

It doesn't really mean much, and I'm sure there are dozen others - it's just how things are. Intelligence is a race you can't win but you still have to run.

NATO’s Big New Russian Spy Scandal
A Russian mole has been uncovered inside NATO intelligence. What does this mean for Western security?
By John R. Schindler
May 25, 2016
NATO’s Big New Russian Spy Scandal | Observer

Interesting read, but not really a surprise. Good for the Europeans to know, of course, as many had edged toward Putin and a number of countries like Germany are pushing for reducing the sanctions.

I thought that it was quite interesting because it would mean that the Russians were quite aware of NATO intentions leading up to the most recent NATO military games in Poland, Sweden (and wherever) and the recent missile shield installments.

Calm

I thought that it was quite interesting because it would mean that the Russians were quite aware of NATO intentions leading up to the most recent NATO military games in Poland, Sweden (and wherever) and the recent missile shield installments.
You think they need a mole in NATO to find any of that out? :roll:

And then, to boot, this type of "small fry"?

He'd already been transferred to a field of work less sensitive, his love for Russia no secret and his affinity for cheap and easy women seen as problematic months ago.

This ain't no Philby.

Last edited:
NATO’s Big New Russian Spy Scandal
A Russian mole has been uncovered inside NATO intelligence. What does this mean for Western security?
By John R. Schindler
May 25, 2016
NATO’s Big New Russian Spy Scandal | Observer

it means that we should get out of NATO. Europe can handle its own **** while we pave some roads, build some bridges, and replace oil. also, universal health care. we've spent enough on boomsticks, bombs, unwinnable wars, and dick measuring contests with Russia.

Just the way the "game" is played.

Thanks, Obama.

It's not clear to me why NATO needs its own intelligence agency. The member nations already have their own. If NATO intelligence knows things U.S. intelligence does not, it does not speak well of our national agencies.

It's not clear to me why NATO needs its own intelligence agency. The member nations already have their own. If NATO intelligence knows things U.S. intelligence does not, it does not speak well of our national agencies.

Maybe it's more about sharing intelligence than about gathering intelligence.

Maybe it's more about sharing intelligence than about gathering intelligence.

That may be. But the U.S. and its allies regularly share intelligence about all sorts of things without having to set up any separate agency to do it.

That may be. But the U.S. and its allies regularly share intelligence about all sorts of things without having to set up any separate agency to do it.

Well, whatever the NATO intelligence agency is intended for, I don't see it being on any member country's 'A-list' in terms of sharing intelligence.

Considering the number of moles that have been discovered in the CIA and in the various defense departments - such as the Navy - I don't see where we have much room to criticize.

it means that we should get out of NATO. Europe can handle its own **** while we pave some roads, build some bridges, and replace oil. also, universal health care. we've spent enough on boomsticks, bombs, unwinnable wars, and dick measuring contests with Russia.

I don't get why we should ditch our allies just because our internal priorities have been screwed up for the past 15-20 years.

We've blown all our money on completely frivolous causes, steered by a select few who stand to benefit.

We may need to scale back but ditching the treaty system would be a bad idea and completely tank our international credibility.

I don't get why we should ditch our allies just because our internal priorities have been screwed up for the past 15-20 years.

We've blown all our money on completely frivolous causes, steered by a select few who stand to benefit.

We may need to scale back but ditching the treaty system would be a bad idea and completely tank our international credibility.

because eventually, it's time to fix the roof.

Back
Top Bottom