• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian military commander POW claims forces were told 'Nazis' had overtaken Ukraine

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Russian military commander POW claims forces were told 'Nazis' had overtaken Ukraine
A Russian military commander and prisoner of war in Ukraine said he and his forces were led to believe they were invading the country because "nationalists, Nazis have seized power," according to a video that surfaced Monday.

Russian Lt. Col. Astakhov Dmitry Mikhailovich was flanked by two badly bruised men as he said they were told in Russia "that Ukraine's territory is dominated by fascist's regime," according to video shared by Ukraine’s News Channel 24, via a translation from the New York Post.

"Nationalists, Nazi's have seized power," the commander went on, about what he and his troops were allegedly told.

Putin learned that tactic from the American political left.

This is one of the most intensely poignant mea culpa's I've witnessed in my life. I'm at a loss for words.

Well not quite at a full loss for words; you really shat on what could have been a moment of sharing & coming together, by pulling intensely partisan crap for no reason I can see.

But regardless, I will thank you for this. It's an amazing post. Thanks for posting it.

It’s a shame, there could be a valid discussion to be had on the dangers of using the term NAZI so freely. Both parties are guilty of overusing and watering down the term throwing it out for emotional effect more than any legitimate comparison. We are guilty as a society of overusing and downplaying the evils of the NAZIs with jokes Soup Nazi, Spelling Nazi, Fashion Nazi etc…

You had a lot of potential and squandered it on dropping a cheap partisan turd, knowing it would go nowhere.

It’s a shame, there could be a valid discussion to be had on the dangers of using the term NAZI so freely. Both parties are guilty of overusing and watering down the term throwing it out for emotional effect more than any legitimate comparison. We are guilty as a society of overusing and downplaying the evils of the NAZIs with jokes Soup Nazi, Spelling Nazi, Fashion Nazi etc…

You had a lot of potential and squandered it on dropping a cheap partisan turd, knowing it would go nowhere.
How many times in this forum alone has the left equated Trump as a nazi?

The post was outlining propaganda tactics.
What are the FBI stats on white supremacist terror? Any big difference between white supremacist terror versus black militia groups that commit terror such as BLM and Black Hebrew Israelite?

Dehumanizing your opponent and attaching them to groups known to be evil is a very old technique of propagandists to deceive the weak minded.

While it is true that our politicians do this, they are only using a tool that is old, but effective.
Like trying to attach democrats to Marxists?

How many times in this forum alone has the left equated Trump as a Nazi?
About as many times as the lunatic right calls the Democrats commies. Both are bullshit and the simpleton juvenile idiots on both sides who deal in that crap are hands-down the biggest threat facing American society. Hands down. Those people are enemies of America, doing their utmost to sabotage their own country.

This is one of the most intensely poignant mea culpa's I've witnessed in my life. I'm at a loss for words.

Well not quite at a full loss for words; you really shat on what could have been a moment of sharing & coming together, by pulling intensely partisan crap for no reason I can see.

But regardless, I will thank you for this. It's an amazing post. Thanks for posting it.

Putin is a liar for spreading disinformation that Ukrainians have been infiltrated by nazis.

The same is true for the American left, who accuse everyone that doesn't agree with them of being nazis.

The comparison is valid.

Putin is a liar for spreading disinformation that Ukrainians have been infiltrated by nazis.

The same is true for the American left, who accuse everyone that doesn't agree with them of being nazis.

The comparison is valid.
While I'm think this is a broad brush, it does I deed apply to several posters on this forum.

Have you not seen his posting history?
Yeah. But I still can't guess what's wrong with him. Why would any American actively, energetically, do what they can to sabotage their own nation?

Yeah. But I still can't guess what's wrong with him. Why would any American actively, energetically, do what they can to sabotage their own nation?

I'm not sure why you hate half of Americans, but you do, and you even make ludicrous comments like "Why would any American actively, energetically, do what they can to sabotage their own nation?".

This is one of the most dishonest posters of hack in these forums.

I'm not sure why you hate half of Americans, but you do, and you even make ludicrous comments like "Why would any American actively, energetically, do what they can to sabotage their own nation?".

This is one of the most dishonest posters of hack in these forums.
Bullshit.
You post hate here constantly, several times a day. You and your comrades on both sides of the aisle, you haters, are doing all you can to foment division and mutual contempt in an effort to bring a direct confrontation between Americans.
Why do you think this is happening in the US? In Canada there's loud division of ideology but you don't see Canadians here calling each other the hateful names the Americans use for other Americans. Brits come here and dispute but they don't hate each other in the process. Well, Big Eye does but he's just a troll. Why do Americans insist on calling each other the most vile names they can come up with?
Some Americans, I should have said. Fringe types, on both sides. Lunatic fringe, some would say. Dumbass simpletons, others might chime in with. Goddamn saboteurs, looking at it one way.

He hates on America daily. He never offers solutions, only rants and bitches. He's this guy:
297.png

Bullshit.
You post hate here constantly, several times a day. You and your comrades on both sides of the aisle, you haters, are doing all you can to foment division and mutual contempt in an effort to bring a direct confrontation between Americans.

^^ Bristling with hate.
Why do you think this is happening in the US? In Canada there's loud division of ideology but you don't see Canadians here calling each other the hateful names the Americans use for other Americans. Brits come here and dispute but they don't hate each other in the process. Well, Big Eye does but he's just a troll. Why do Americans insist on calling each other the most vile names they can come up with?
Some Americans, I should have said. Fringe types, on both sides. Lunatic fringe, some would say. Dumbass simpletons, others might chime in with. Goddamn saboteurs, looking at it one way.

Why is it happening? You tell me. It's the left who claims everyone is a nazi white supremacist misogynist aligned with Putin.

The Hate is coming from you and your ilk.

^^ Bristling with hate.

Why is it happening? You tell me. It's the left who claims everyone is a nazi white supremacist misogynist aligned with Putin.

The Hate is coming from you and your ilk.
You got nothing. You arrive empty to every exchange.
Do what you do. Be the problem.
I'll point it out to you when I see it, okay?

Yep, enjoy your hate and division.
I'm enjoying your hate and division. You've offered nothing for healing this nation, its cities, its states. All you do is whine, whine, whine. You offer zero solutions to your complaints, you just complain. Every thread you start is a complaint.

Get a kitten or a puppy. You need some joy in your life.

Back
Top Bottom