• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Russian man shot in heated Kant philosophy debate

Rainman05

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Impure reason: Russian man shot in heated Kant philosophy debate ? RT News

A heated argument in southern Russia over philosopher Immanuel Kant’s ideas erupted in violence when one debater pulled out a gun and shot the other. The attacker could face up to 15 years in jail
The two men in their twenties stood in line to buy beer at a local store on Sunday in Russia’s Rostov-on-Don after the city’s anniversary celebration. They were discussing Kant’s philosophical ideas.

The discussion turned into a heated debate, which was followed by a fistfight and then one of the debaters pulled out a nonlethal pistol and fired at the other’s head.

Now this is dedication people! You need to stick up for what you believe.

I know this isn't really what this subforum is about but it is related to philosophy and I find it pertinent. I'm tired of weak circling discussions about "oh my religion" and "oh my belief". stick'em up buddy! :D

Impure reason: Russian man shot in heated Kant philosophy debate ? RT News

Now this is dedication people!
You need to stick up for what you believe.
I know this isn't really what this subforum is about but it is related to philosophy and I find it pertinent. I'm tired of weak circling discussions about "oh my religion" and "oh my belief". stick'em up buddy! :D

I'm down with that idea.

But you also need to disagree without being disagreeable.

What a passion! :flame:

Wow, crazy, I really like Kant.

3oxu24.jpg

I wonder if that guy thinks you can rationally universalize the maxim of shooting people in the head when they disagree with you.

Back
Top Bottom