• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian Invaders Erect Monument To Lenin In Occupied Nova Kakhovka

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The russians have erected a statue of lenin in Ukraine. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more than one of them in russian controlled territory in Ukraine.

The russians are back to their communist ways.

It's looking like the reports were right, putin is brining back the soviet union and communism.

I wonder if trump and his republicans will continue to follow?

I don't see any humor in this at all.

The russians have erected a statue of lenin in Ukraine. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more than one of them in russian controlled territory in Ukraine.

It's looking like the reports were right, putin is brining back the soviet union and communism.

So? Considering Ukraine literally celebrates Nazi collaborator Stepan Bandera with a national holiday, not sure why a statue of Lenin is supposed to be so much worse.

And right on cue rote whataboutism.

Since you dodged the question…..why am I supposed to think a statue of Lenin is worse than a national holiday celebrating a Nazi collaborator?

In other words you don’t know why this is supposed to be so much worse either. Got it.

In other words I said exactly what I said. I don't respond to whataboutism except to point out whataboutism.

Your desire to contaminate every thread is noted

Change that to "Stalinism" (which all of Marx, Lenin, and Trotsky would have abhorred) and you have a deal.

In other words I said exactly what I said. I don't respond to whataboutism except to point out whataboutism.

Your desire to contaminate every thread is noted

Your inability to figure out why this is supposed to be so much worse is noted.

They probably just replacing one that the Ukrainian government pulled down years ago, often against the wishes of the locals.

FINALLY, the left hates communism!

They probably just replacing one that the Ukrainian government pulled down years ago, often against the wishes of the locals.

Why would the locals desire a statue to the man that crushed the Ukrainian War of Independence?

I'm old.. I remember the 40+ years of the cold War.. How sorry I felt for the Russian people and Eastern Europe living under the Soviet dictatorship..

And How many $trillions we spent trying to help those people live free and get rid of the communist dictatorship..

So here we are, 20-30 years later and many of those people are willingly embracing a dictatorship and communism again...

This time? F'em.. I hope Putin and his thugs throw all of them in gulags... You just can't help some people...

And no, I'm not talking about the Ukraines.. I'm talking about the idiot Russians who willing put Putin in charge..

Intentional derailing noted.

It’s not “derailing” to ask why we are supposed to care about this, particularly when Ukrainians celebrate someone just as “bad”.

Why would the locals desire a statue to the man that crushed the Ukrainian War of Independence?
Because "the locals" in the relevant area were the beneficiaries of that action and hadn't wanted to be independent in the first place?

PS - Rather than being like the "American War of Independence", the "Ukrainian War of Independence" war consisted of military conflicts between MANY different governmental, political and military forces. Belligerents included
  • Ukrainian nationalists,
  • Ukrainian anarchists,
  • Bolsheviks,
  • the forces of Germany and Austria-Hungary,
  • the White Russian Volunteer Army (read as "Tzarists"),
  • Second Polish Republic forces, plus
  • the forces of Romania and France.
ALL trying to gain total control over Ukraine after the February Revolution in Russia.
The struggle lasted from February 1917 to November 1921 and resulted in the division of Ukraine (which had been a part of Tzarist Russia) between
  • the (Bolshevik) Ukrainian SSR,
  • Poland,
  • Romania, and
  • Czechoslovakia.
You might want to note that while "Russia" did NOT get the majority of Ukraine back the Ukrainians didn't get any of it as their own country.

Back
Top Bottom