• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian gymnast defends the "Z" movement

Centrist

Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Ivan Kuliak, the 20-year-old’ Russian gymnast that caused uproar wearing a symbol in support of Russia says he does not regret doing so. Kuliak came third. A Ukranian won the gold medal.

"If there was a second chance and I had a choice whether to go out with the letter ‘Z’ on my chest or not, I would do the same.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-...t-competition-says-he-has-no-regrets-12560670

Other Z pictures from Russia:

0.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Ivan Kuliak, the 20-year-old’ Russian gymnast that caused uproar wearing a symbol in support of Russia says he does not regret doing so. Kuliak came third. A Ukranian won the gold medal.

"If there was a second chance and I had a choice whether to go out with the letter ‘Z’ on my chest or not, I would do the same.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-...t-competition-says-he-has-no-regrets-12560670

Other Z pictures from Russia:

View attachment 67378996

View attachment 67378997
View attachment 67378998

The 'Z' is symbolic of Russian victory in and support of the war in Ukraine. It has also been co-opted as a symbol of far-right Russian nationalism. Do you support either Russian victory or far-right Russian nationalism?

If I were him I'd take the next flight back. Sadly there are those who do not get this 'free speech' concept and some of them lack consistent discipline in their limb movements.

I note that of the three medalists pictured, all three names begin with the letter "K".
That is quite a coincidence is it not?

That dude looks like he's 12, except for the musculature.

He took bronze which equates as 3rd place, which I guess is also #2 of LOSERS. The Ukrainian took the Gold. Thats sort of poetic imo.

I'm not sure what to think of all of the resurgence of global "nationalism", but imo it does seem to have been rooted in, or maybe as a knee-jerk reflex to the surge in integration of cultures and people into nations. For instance Mid Easterners into European nations. I'm not exactly sure if nationalism was the chicken or the egg. People do seem to want this process of integration to be more controlled and better vetted and regulated. I would probably agree with that, although I think "nationalism" is a mental illness quite frankly. Much like religion imo.

Now Russia: I am even less sure of what is going on there with nationalism, but apparently there is a movement in that direction obviously. As in the USA.
Nationalism is a mental illness, but imo has been inspired at least in part by far left movements. A zig for every zag, a yin for every yang. Interesting times.
I'm choosing to not get real excited about this Russia/Ukraine thing. If the kid broke IOC rules or etiquette he should be punished accordingly, looks like he was.🤷‍♂️

That young man is smart.

His declaration of support for the war criminal's action should spare him from being drafted into the army.

And while the war criminal is still in power, his obedience will secure him a good job.

Meanwhile (according to the wonderful Daily Mail website), a leading Bolshoi ballerina has publicly declared how ashamed she is of Russia raping Ukraine. She (and the thousands of antiwar protestors in the street) are the real heroes of this tragedy.

In any war there will be supporters on both sides. Though I don't agree with Russia's invasion of Ukraine, I do support this kid's right to express which side he's allied to. That's the thing about free speech. It can be messy. And sometimes you just have to accept that some people are gonna say things you don't like. That's the cost. Unfortunately a lot of Russians don't get that freedom.

Do you support either Russian victory or far-right Russian nationalism?
I don't have a mind to stay loyal to a group think mentality led by shysters like Donald Trump & Bernie Sanders to speak in US terms. That will give you an idea what I think about populist movements either here or in Europe.

Individuals like you in some circumstances would put on any kind of uniform regardless of the side, in my opinion.

Your line of questioning reminded me of the McCarthy hearings. To answer will insult my IQ.

Last edited:
I don't have a mind to stay loyal to a group think mentality led by shysters like Donald Trump & Bernie Sanders to speak in US terms. That will give you an idea what I think about populist movements either here or in Europe.

Individuals like you in some circumstances would put on any kind of uniform regardless of the side, in my opinion.

Your line of questioning reminded me of the McCarthy hearings. To answer will insult my IQ.

Hmmmm.
You dodged the question.
Interesting.

Hmmmm.
You dodged the question.
Interesting.

In an ironic tone (not anger):

There you go. Guilty verdict! No reviewing of the history, no looking into the history of the individual, he did not do what we expected him to do here so --- > GUILTY !

Last edited:
There you go. Guilty verdict! No reviewing of the history, no looking into the history of the individual, he did not do what we expected him to do here so --- > GUILTY !

Let us hope when we will have Artificial Intelligence judges in the future they will have better algorithms than our human mind.

No need for an uncontrolled emotional outburst Friend.

I just noted that you had dodged the question is all. No need for rage and/or lashing out.

No need for rage and/or lashing out.
That's your perception. I was using irony when i was typing, not rage and/or lashing out.

I don't think anger is constructive in any discussion, but sarcasm and irony can keep you somewhat reasonable.

That's your perception. I was using irony when i was typing, not rage and/or lashing out.

I don't think anger is constructive in any discussion, but sarcasm and irony can keep you somewhat reasonable.

OK. You still havent answered the question tho.
Moving on......

OK. You still havent answered the question tho.
Moving on......
I will give you my take on it that I posted in the thread Ukrainian war topic, I don't answer superficial questions:

--- > War will be over when:

a) Zelensky wakes up to reality, negotiates with the help of the Americans and Israelis a solution to get all the russian troops out of western Ukraine which is the most important thing so they don't install a puppet government.

b) Zelensky will not wake up to reality, in which case he will not negotiate, will end up in a city in the far western of Ukraine and while he tweets many civilians will lead an insurgent war for months/years to follow. In the meanwhile the Russians will be able to install a puppet government in Kyiv and get their FSB people in every branch of government.

--- > I am noticing something interesting on Twitter, I will call it the Centrist Poll based on reading comments:

a) Some on the right and elements of the far right
in the western world are not as ready to say Putin is wrong. If it was a Sadam Hussein or Asaad they would probably be screaming on forums to go to war "to defend freedom". With Putin they see in him probably a conservative man or the Russian trolls are doing their jobs. There are many, though far right militias that will join the war which brings me to the second interesting thing i noticed:

b) Some on the left and elements of the far left are ready to let go to their anti-war sentiments and advocate for NATO intervention which will lead to nuclear war. To realize this phenomen, a Belarus far right militia posted a video of going to war against Russia supporting Ukraine. Some individuals with rainbow flags were posting at the bottom with love hearts, "let's go" and obviously the picture of Zelensky. What?!?

Mental Warfare. If this can work in the west imagine how the security intelligences are working inside Ukraine and Russia.

--- > The CIA director said Putin in his opinion had 4 false premises:

a) Putin thought Ukraine is weak
--- > Yes, the Ukrainian military was rotated around the Middle East, they were not a dormant military. They have experience on how to use the new generation equipment that NATO is using.
--- > Putin underestimated the civilian population which is fighting side by side with the army. This is done by a great campaign by the Ukrainian side to appeal to the nationalistic sentiment and that this is a global fight hence you have thousands of foreign volunteers going in.

b) He thought that the russian economy will resist the sanctions
--- > In my opinion too early too tell. Short term yes, however if the Chinese will move in they will offer alternatives to the payment system + McDonalds.

c) He thought Europe is distracted
--- > Yes, i would add that in my view Putin thought Europe was weak and the division between left and right is so bad that we will turn on each other. He calculated wrong, I don't think there was an event in recent times that united political fractions like Vlad did.

d) He thought the russian army was modernized and efficient
--- > Very possibile when you surround yourself only with people that tell you what you want to hear and propagandists this is what you get. You don't get the full picture.

Today is day 14th of the war. On the piece of paper that leaked from the Russian Military is that they estimated the war will take 14 days. So we will see what will happen and when will the russians take over. The CIA has credibility as they announced this attack weeks before it happened. Their analysis concluded that Putin is frustrated.

Last edited:
So it's Russian nationalism over there, but white nationalism here?

A video is circulating online showing 3 individuals dressed in Z hoodies while other nephews of the KGB former personnel are holding flags in the back. At the end they sing something for the man at the Kremlin.

They are apparently saying several times that are fighting against fascism. :whistle::unsure:😂

The video is at the bottom.

A video is circulating online showing 3 individuals dressed in Z hoodies while other nephews of the KGB former personnel are holding flags in the back. At the end they sing something for the man at the Kremlin.

They are apparently saying several times that are fighting against fascism. :whistle::unsure:😂

And? What is your point?

Probably turn up on MAGA merchandise and its copycats before too long.

Fake News.

The story behind the 3rd picture in the original post. I don't have a word to describe what this chairman, Vladimir Vavilov did.

Russian children in cancer hospice made to stand in Z shape to support invasion.

Terminally ill children at a hospice in Russia were told to stand outside in the shape of a Z to show support for the invasion of Ukraine.

Images of the “action”, as it was referred to by Vladimir Vavilov, the chairman of a cancer charity that runs the children’s hospice in Kazan, show around 60 people – patients and staff – gathered in the snow.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-children-hospice-z-ukraine-b2031341.html

Back
Top Bottom