• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian forces have begun to pull out of the defunct Chernobyl nuclear power site

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Interesting, no?

Now the Russian state is going to have to pay to treat untold hundreds of young men for the inevitable thyroid cancer that will inevitably develop. And that is if they're lucky.

This is horrible. Those poor soldiers. I can't believe that Russian Generals are stupid enough to have sent them there in the first place. Chernobyl has been deserted sinced the mid-80's! What the hell did Russia think would be gained by this insanely idiotic move??

The mind boggles...

This is horrible. Those poor soldiers. I can't believe that Russian Generals are stupid enough to have sent them there in the first place. Chernobyl has been deserted sinced the mid-80's! What the hell did Russia think would be gained by this insanely idiotic move??

The mind boggles...
I keep hoping it isn't true.

Now the Russian state is going to have to pay to treat untold hundreds of young men for the inevitable thyroid cancer that will inevitably develop. And that is if they're lucky.
Utterly heartbreaking. I'm with @MaryP , totally aghast and hoping it's not true.

This is what you get when you're exposed the way those Russian soldiers were exposed, if you're lucky.

KarenStudioDoor2.jpg

This is ALSO what you get...IF you're lucky.

UCLA Daryl.jpg

His CONGENITAL heart defects are IDENTICAL to the babies who were born near Chernobyl around the time of the accident.
Karen was exposed to radioactive particles and ionizing radiation at Hunters Point Naval Base in 1985, no PPE, no dosimeters, nothing.

Utterly heartbreaking. I'm with @MaryP , totally aghast and hoping it's not true.

Hey Russia, the best place to set up a northern base of operations in Ukraine is Pripyat. It's strategically located due north of Kiev. It's already evacuated, plenty of space of to park your tanks, house your soldiers, set up entrenchments and earthworks, etc. It'll be great. You could house your entire officer corps, and easily a hundred thousand soldiers. Stay for as long as you want. Pass it along.

The Mayor abducted by Russian forces, now released, said they knew nothing about why they were there. He told them that he didn't know of a single Nazi, that Russian speakers weren't oppressed, since 87% of Ukrainians speak it, and that far from beating up WW2 veterans, the few who were still alive, were venerated!

I saw a CCTV clip of an APC raiding a petrol station for food as they left the area! They're not gone completely, merely regrouping.
the Ukrainian who is in charge of the Chernobyl area says they're gone from that area.

are you thinking they're gonna return?

Ukrainians were saying the Russians seemed unaware of what it was, and feared for their (the Russians') safety!
Their maps were probably older than 1986.

Back
Top Bottom