• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian container missile system «Club-K»

Tovarish

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Russian container missile system «Club-K» - the most interesting from the point of view of conceptual combat system. Externally, the complex is almost impossible to detect, because it looks like an ordinary shipping container.
Club-K is intended to engage surface and ground targets with cruise missiles 3M-54TE, 3M-54TE1 and 3M-14TE. Complex «Club-K» can be installed on coastal positions, surface ships and vessels of different classes, railway and automobile platforms.
Complex «Club-K» housed in a standard 40-foot shipping container.
Functionally «Club-K» consists of Universal Launching Module (ULM), Combat Management Module (CMM) and power supply module and Life Support (ES & LSM). What is your opinion? How effective is it to apply sudden impact?

This is why it's important to check *every* shipping container that comes close to our shores.

Nice animation - probably would be useless in real combat situation though.
Instead of producing more bs, it would be a better idea to actually reform and re-build the Russian navy, for instance.

Fallen.

Nice animation - probably would be useless in real combat situation though.
Instead of producing more bs, it would be a better idea to actually reform and re-build the Russian navy, for instance.

Fallen.

here there is the pro Russian army and about other businesses. And the fact that now in Russia http://www.sdelanounas.ru/

This is why it's important to check *every* shipping container that comes close to our shores.
--------------------
Is that even possible?
If so, the cost would be prohibitive.
No one is willing to pay that price until a nuke is actually detonated.
On the other hand, I've been hearing about suitcase nukes for a decade or more.
So far... nothing.
I actually think terrorist groups are so primitive, they can't muster much more than blunt-force attacks.
911 was their best shot and suicide-bombings are their best weapon.

here there is the pro Russian army and about other businesses. And the fact that now in Russia http://www.sdelanounas.ru/

I didn't really understand what you were trying to say here?!?

You meant to say that the fact that Russia produced something (apparently produced - because all I've see so far is an animation) is a good thing??

Fallen.

--------------------
Is that even possible?
If so, the cost would be prohibitive.
No one is willing to pay that price until a nuke is actually detonated.
On the other hand, I've been hearing about suitcase nukes for a decade or more.
So far... nothing.
I actually think terrorist groups are so primitive, they can't muster much more than blunt-force attacks.
911 was their best shot and suicide-bombings are their best weapon.

Who knows if it's 'possible' but, it's being done. Lest we not forget that many of our enemies are already in possession of nuclear weapons.

http://www.ndu.edu/CTNSP/docUploaded/DTP 41 NuclearDetectionStrategy.pdf

I believe the policy of this site is for everything that is posted to be in English.

(and yes I could use my translator if necessary)

7. English - All threads will be in the English language. Threads and posts which are not in English may be edited or deleted at the discretion of a Moderator.
Please include translations with any posts that are not in English.

I didn't really understand what you were trying to say here?!?

You meant to say that the fact that Russia produced something (apparently produced - because all I've see so far is an animation) is a good thing??

Fallen.

Heya FA. :2wave: Isnt really based off the SCUDS principle, anyways.

Course it is an effective means to use.

I believe the policy of this site is for everything that is posted to be in English.

(and yes I could use my translator if necessary)

7. English - All threads will be in the English language. Threads and posts which are not in English may be edited or deleted at the discretion of a Moderator.
Please include translations with any posts that are not in English.

Clear. I will do that

Heya FA. :2wave: Isnt really based off the SCUDS principle, anyways.

Course it is an effective means to use.

Hey,
You mean the "lifting ramp" principle or the concept of the container rocket system?

When I was talking about effectiveness I was talking about the general concept - i.e the shipping containers.
They would be simply tracked down by any potent intelligence service, and destroyed before they get to their destination.

Cheers,
Fallen.

:lol: Pirates of the Caribbean music in the video.

And I had to laugh when it opened with "Born Free" playing in the background.

However, I really see this as nothing special. It appears to be half of a system, with the launching system not much different then that of THAAD.

And where is the rest of the system? For example, where is the RADAR unit for this missile? For this to work at all you are going to have to have some kind of RADAR system, to track the incoming target and guide the missile until it gets close enough for it's onboard tracking system to acquire the target.

Making a missile and launching it is not that big a deal, the British have had this capability for over 200 years. The tricky part is guiding it to hit it's target.

Colour me unimpressed. But it is definitely better then that North Korean video from a few months back.

If they actually have C&C stuff to go along with it then the system would be quite impressive. Without that capability, it's rather pointless.

...Oh, and those tanks in the video looked like M1 Abrams. Funny.

If they actually have C&C stuff to go along with it then the system would be quite impressive. Without that capability, it's rather pointless.

...Oh, and those tanks in the video looked like M1 Abrams. Funny.

I actually largely dismiss this simply because it has nothing but the launching system and the missiles. They did not show any of the hundreds of other steps needed, like a RADAR, C&C, missile stockpiles and reloading equipment, heck, where are the troops who run this thing going to be? Hiding in another CONEX? And how about the generators?

That no way infringes your right to bare arms

Yeah, I thought the same thing....I think Russia is preparing for war with US with the whole long range bomber scandals and stuff

I actually largely dismiss this simply because it has nothing but the launching system and the missiles. They did not show any of the hundreds of other steps needed, like a RADAR, C&C, missile stockpiles and reloading equipment, heck, where are the troops who run this thing going to be? Hiding in another CONEX? And how about the generators?

Off-topic. Bonus. S-500 Samoderzhets (Autocrat)

S-400

Yea,so you show a video with something going up and down, your point is?

Off-topic. Bonus. S-500 Samoderzhets (Autocrat)

S-400

And you give us yet to other videos, each of a totally different missile system. Once again, your point is?

Hey, I think the Mustang is the best car in the world! So here, let me show you a video of an Edsel and a Toyota, and that proves that the Mustang is the best car in the world!

Dude, if you can't even stay on topic, why are you even here? I thought we were talking about this super-duper CONEX missile system, not the S-400 and S-500.

Yea,so you show a video with something going up and down, your point is?

And you give us yet to other videos, each of a totally different missile system. Once again, your point is?

Hey, I think the Mustang is the best car in the world! So here, let me show you a video of an Edsel and a Toyota, and that proves that the Mustang is the best car in the world!

Dude, if you can't even stay on topic, why are you even here? I thought we were talking about this super-duper CONEX missile system, not the S-400 and S-500.

*laughs* My friend, I am written you - " Off-topic. Bonus." You or it is not clear? As for the Сlub-К. Functionally «Club-K» consists of Universal Launching Module (ULM), Combat Management Module (CMM) and power supply module and Life Support (ES & LSM). What is not clear? Maybe you do not believe in its existence? Well. Perhaps you it will be easier to live. Heh-heh.
Another bonus is you (off-topic!!!!!)
Su-47 Berkut. Although you can be sure that this is photoshop

Last edited:
The Russian military is in deplorable condition having begun and reversed, begun and reversed, and just recently begun and reversed reform and overhaul efforts. They were going to shift from a divisional OOB to a more manageable western style brigade structure with re-organized NCO and officer corps with an eye towards increasing pay and lowering conscription quotas to professionalize the military. That was in the late 1990's... They just turned back that effort for like the 4th time a few months ago. This is a country that cannot afford to take conventional weapons platforms past the prototype stage and cannot bring itself to fight internal vested interests to reorganize the military.

Russia barely carried off a successful campaign against Georgia. Hell if things had been slightly different it would have been a national embarrassment.

Instead Russia resorts to flexing it's admittedly robust strategic weapons capability, exporting dumps of munitions, and producing flashy prototypes (the China strategy). It is just strong enough to keep it's weaker neighbors under the gun, but hot damn is that grip ridiculously anemic. Given proper support I think Russia could find itself embarrassed in any number of flashpoint conflicts even if it is eventually "victorious".

Back
Top Bottom