• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian container missile system «Club-K»

Once again, color me unimpressed. We see some unlabeled photos from a military showing, no description of exactly what we are seeing. And we are seeing a hodgde-podge of various missile systems all thrown together, with completely different types tossed around. No description of what each item is, or how it would all fit together. And then there is wheeled equipment mixed and matched with CONEX equipment that may-may not have to be put on the group prior to use.

Oh, and love that high speed video of the tube being elevated to firing position. That is what, 1,000 times real speed? Sorry, but missile tubes can't be elevated that quickly on ground based equipment of that size.

However, in that bottom shot I am still trying to figure out what that is. Is that a spinning RADAR attached to a vehicle with an AMG?

Well, I was able to find another shot of that thing.

klub-k_radar_1.jpg

Yea, it's a combination RADAR-AMG unit.

However, I need to make a correction here, this is not an Air Defense system, but it uses a variant of the SS-N-27 Sizzler submarine launched anti-ship cruise missile. So yea, this might be useful on a ship, but not all that useful. Just having this on board would instantly reclassify a ship as a combatant, and would subject any ships of that nation to being sunk on sight. So sorry, I still don't see much of a use for this thing.

Is this Club K or not?

Is this Club K or not?

Club-K is not any one single weapon, it is a weapon concept. As you can see in the photo clips, there are at least 3 different types of missile systems inside of those containers. And one of them look a lot like it is the launching tubes for the S-400 air defense missile.

I think it is more akin to the Aegis missile system of the US. A great many people still call the Ticonderoga class cruisers "Aegis Cruisers", but Aegis is simply the RADAR and missile system used on the ship, and it is also used on the Arleigh Burke class destroyers, the Japanese Tongo and Atago class destroyers, the Spanish Bazan class frigates, these all use the Aegis system. I think that when looking at the wide variety of missiles and RADARS in those photos that this is going to be somewhat similar. That the anti-ship cruise missile is simply the first they are preparing for show, but they intend to eventually make this system work for many of their missile systems.

Club-K is not any one single weapon, it is a weapon concept. As you can see in the photo clips, there are at least 3 different types of missile systems inside of those containers. And one of them look a lot like it is the launching tubes for the S-400 air defense missile.

I think it is more akin to the Aegis missile system of the US. A great many people still call the Ticonderoga class cruisers "Aegis Cruisers", but Aegis is simply the RADAR and missile system used on the ship, and it is also used on the Arleigh Burke class destroyers, the Japanese Tongo and Atago class destroyers, the Spanish Bazan class frigates, these all use the Aegis system. I think that when looking at the wide variety of missiles and RADARS in those photos that this is going to be somewhat similar. That the anti-ship cruise missile is simply the first they are preparing for show, but they intend to eventually make this system work for many of their missile systems.

Well it appeared to me that the premise here was how great this system is because you can fit it into a container. Well most of what I've seen is a helluva lot bigger than a container.

Well it appeared to me that the premise here was how great this system is because you can fit it into a container. Well most of what I've seen is a helluva lot bigger than a container.

Not really. Pretty much every portable missile system is designed to be carried on the back of a semi truck, the same as a CONNEX. It may be a bit bigger, but not enough to be noticeable unless you are almost on top of the thing.

And because most of these systems are already on trailers, I am not sure what the actual purpose of this system is. And the only "defense" against something like this is simply bombing the crap out of every shipping and storage area the other side has. This would open a lot of targets that would not be attacked normally to being attacked, because the other side would not want to take chances.

The Russians have always been masters of maskirovka, but it was always most successful when used to hide units and facilities to prevent them from being attacked (airports for example). And it was normally combined with having an uncamouflaged dummy base nearby to draw the enemy in the wrong direction. Or in creating phantom units to make an enemy think an attack is coming from a different direction. THis is really something else, but it also seems mostly that they are producing this for export, not for their own use.

Oh I'm not worried at all, we have enough stuff to make you glow if you don't stay defensive.

You can even blow up all your stuff in America, and we'll glow together. *laughs*

Well, if these things are in ports, so what? What is Russia going to do, sail into US waters and start to shoot down US aircraft? Not bloody likely.

In fact, sailing this into any foreign waters and shooting down aircraft with this system is basically an act of war. I don't see it happening.

And is it possible for one of these to deliver a nuclear warhead? No.

This is an air defense system, not a ballistic missile system. The two are nowhere near the same, and this will not deliver a nuke. Ever. Period.

Well, why do you have so badly with a sense of humor?

Well, why do you have so badly with a sense of humor?

What does a sense of humor have to do with a piece of military equipment?

Look, when I am presented with an item, be it a missile, a ship, a tank, or whatever, I try to analyze it neutrally and professionally. And I rarely inject "humor" into making an honest appraisal of something.

If you want humor, you should have asked for opinions on something else.

3162375150_c9e9f70d08_o.jpg

The new M-boM Clown Tank. Has a large cannon in the front, and even though it is small it can still contain a Clown Infantry Battalion inside.

What does a sense of humor have to do with a piece of military equipment?

Look, when I am presented with an item, be it a missile, a ship, a tank, or whatever, I try to analyze it neutrally and professionally. And I rarely inject "humor" into making an honest appraisal of something.

If you want humor, you should have asked for opinions on something else.

3162375150_c9e9f70d08_o.jpg

The new M-boM Clown Tank. Has a large cannon in the front, and even though it is small it can still contain a Clown Infantry Battalion inside.

Looks like a Russian tank. Only in the tank should be drunk bear.

funny-bears-02.jpg

Looks like a Russian tank. Only in the tank should be drunk bear.

funny-bears-02.jpg

Don't you get lots of prison time for beating up the national symbol?

Don't you get lots of prison time for beating up the national symbol?

The fight against drunk bear in the morning - it is a national Russian tradition.

Back
Top Bottom