• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian Banks Turn to China to Sidestep Cutoff From Payments Systems

This is the beginning of the end of Putin's ambitions. He's fighting for survival, that's what this is.
Russia is the world's largest nuclear power. Never trigger the survival instincts of someone with enough nukes to blow up the entire planet.

Russia is the world's largest nuclear power. Never trigger the survival instincts of someone with enough nukes to blow up the entire planet.
Who triggered it? He seems pretty self-triggered to me.

Who triggered it? He seems pretty self-triggered to me.
NATO was continually being expanded eastward. It's a clear intention to squeeze Russia.

NATO was continually being expanded eastward. It's a clear intention to provoke Russia.
When NATO accepts another country it's always at the request of the new member and always driven by fear of Russia. It's never intended to provoke Russia. Why on earth do you think NATO is provoking Russia? Doesn't that like a dumb thing to do to you?

When NATO accepts another country it's always at the request of the new member and always driven by fear of Russia. It's never intended to provoke Russia. Why on earth do you think NATO is provoking Russia? Doesn't that like a dumb thing to do to you?
You're presenting these facts in a skewed way. America also funds all kinds of organizations for regime change in these countries, to bring in govts that will request whatever America wants, like membership in NATO. It's become an expanding racket. And the new Ukraine govt was then imprisoning people with opposing views, like Viktor Medvedchuk. So that's democracy to you?

You've never heard of the National Endowment for Democracy? Oh, they've been funding a lot of groups in Ukraine - particularly the ones that staged the Capitol Insurrection street coup in 2014.
That's "democracy" to you, huh? Just like the Jan 6 2021 protests in DC were "anti-democracy? Just like the trucker protests in Ottawa were "anti-democracy"? How convenient your double standards are.

"The NED, like the CIA before it, calls what it does supporting democracy. The governments and movements whom the NED targets call it destabilization."

Do you remember the 80s? And some of infamous scandals due to these Cold War games?
The Endowment has made its weight felt in the electoral-political process in numerous other countries.

NED would have the world believe that it’s only teaching the ABCs of democracy and elections to people who don’t know them, but in virtually all the countries named above, in whose electoral process NED intervened, there had already been free and fair elections held. The problem, from NED’s point of view, is that the elections had been won by political parties not on NED’s favorites list.

The Endowment maintains that it’s engaged in “opposition building” and “encouraging pluralism”. “We support people who otherwise do not have a voice in their political system,” said Louisa Coan, a NED program officer. But NED hasn’t provided aid to foster progressive or leftist opposition in Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, or Eastern Europe – or, for that matter, in the United States – even though these groups are hard pressed for funds and to make themselves heard. Cuban dissident groups and media are heavily supported however.

NED’s reports carry on endlessly about “democracy”, but at best it’s a modest measure of mechanical political democracy they have in mind, not economic democracy; nothing that aims to threaten the powers-that-be or the way-things-are, unless of course it’s in a place like Cuba.

The Endowment played an important role in the Iran-Contra affair of the 1980s, funding key components of Oliver North’s shadowy “Project Democracy” network, which privatized US foreign policy, waged war, ran arms and drugs, and engaged in other equally charming activities. At one point in 1987, a White House spokesman stated that those at NED “run Project Democracy”. This was an exaggeration; it would have been more correct to say that NED was the public arm of Project Democracy, while North ran the covert end of things. In any event, the statement caused much less of a stir than if – as in an earlier period – it had been revealed that it was the CIA which was behind such an unscrupulous operation.

Last edited:
You're presenting these facts in a skewed way. America also funds all kinds of organizations for regime change in these countries, to bring in govts that will request whatever America wants, like membership in NATO. It's become an expanding racket. And the new Ukraine govt was then imprisoning people with opposing views, like Viktor Medvedchuk. So that's democracy to you?

You've never heard of the National Endowment for Democracy? Oh, they've been funding a lot of groups in Ukraine - particularly the ones that staged the Capitol Insurrection street coup in 2014.
That's "democracy" to you, huh? Just like the Jan 6 2021 protests in DC were "anti-democracy? Just like the trucker protests in Ottawa were "anti-democracy"? How convenient your double standards are.

Don't pull this kind of crap with me. That's democracy to you? You're just pulling nuggets out of your butt. I haven't said a word about democracy here, or ever to you so save your stupid juvenile ploys for others of your ilk.

Don't pull this kind of crap with me. That's democracy to you? You're just pulling nuggets out of your butt. I haven't said a word about democracy here, or ever to you so save your stupid juvenile ploys for others of your ilk.
You completely glossed over everything I said without even responding to any of my points. How ridiculously shallow of you.

Do you remember the 80s? And some of infamous scandals due to these Cold War games?

And what about how Lyndon Johnson used to act!
You can't back up a word you say in these forums. If anyone presses a subject you brought up you just ignore it and start on another line of bullshit.
Complete waste of time and bandwidth.

You completely glossed over everything I said without even responding to any of my points. How ridiculously shallow of you.
Ohfer****sakes.
Stay away from me.

And what about how Lyndon Johnson used to act!
You can't back up a word you say in these forums. If anyone presses a subject you brought up you just ignore it and start on another line of bullshit.
Complete waste of time and bandwidth.

I very specifically responded to your point about "countries voluntarily joining NATO" - and you completely ducked the points I made in my reply. By doing that, you're saying something about yourself.

Let's stop and think a little. Hmmmmm, pull out of Ukraine or hand over control of the Russian economy to that highly benevolent guy, and great friend of Russia, chairman Xi. If you were sane, which would you choose?
Let’s stop and read the damn article: where is anyone “handing over control of the Russian economy?” A few banks in Russia will keep doing business with Chinese banks.

Meh. They’ve been getting along swell anyway the last decade or so, because they are dictatorial birds of a feather. This is hardly a major development.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom