• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian Arctic Build Up

Perhaps. Or perhaps not. But it won’t have to find out.....because it has nukes.
China might just buy the region. Russia is poor. China is cash fat. I could see Putin taking a deal, especially if he can line his own pockets with a Trillion Dollars in the process.

China might just buy the region. Russia is poor. China is cash fat. I could see Putin taking a deal, especially if he can line his own pockets with a Trillion Dollars in the process.
population of Manchuria :
"

Russia’s most exposed subdivision to the Chinese border is the Amur oblast, with a population of 830,103 people, according to the official data of the 2010 national census. The second most exposed region is Primorsky Krai, with approximately 1,956,497 people, mostly concentrated around Vladivostok. Another Russian federal subject area that has a border with China is the Jewish Autonomous Oblast, with a population of 176,558 people. The last of the federal administrative areas is Khabarovsk Krai, with a population of 1,343,869 people. So roughly, the regions that neighbor China are home to 4.3 million Russians.

So 4.3 million Russians facing around 109 million Chinese

"

+ many the locals historicity and today are anti - Moscow separatists

Siberian Regionalism a Growing Threat to Moscow - Jamestown
https://jamestown.org › program › siberian-regionalism...

allied-countries-7.png

4 Aug 2020 — The protests in Khabarovsk and other Russian cities in Siberia and the ... authorities uncovered an alleged “conspiracy of Siberian separatists.

my men in action )

250px-Amurrivermap.png

population of Manchuria :
"

Russia’s most exposed subdivision to the Chinese border is the Amur oblast, with a population of 830,103 people, according to the official data of the 2010 national census. The second most exposed region is Primorsky Krai, with approximately 1,956,497 people, mostly concentrated around Vladivostok. Another Russian federal subject area that has a border with China is the Jewish Autonomous Oblast, with a population of 176,558 people. The last of the federal administrative areas is Khabarovsk Krai, with a population of 1,343,869 people. So roughly, the regions that neighbor China are home to 4.3 million Russians.

So 4.3 million Russians facing around 109 million Chinese

"
+ many the locals historicity and today are anti - Moscow separatists

Siberian Regionalism a Growing Threat to Moscow - Jamestown
https://jamestown.org › program › siberian-regionalism...

allied-countries-7.png

4 Aug 2020 — The protests in Khabarovsk and other Russian cities in Siberia and the ... authorities uncovered an alleged “conspiracy of Siberian separatists.

my men in action )

250px-Amurrivermap.png

Your fantasy isn't going to happen.

Parts of the border region perhaps... But they won't give up Vladivostok for all the tea in China.

Parts of the border region perhaps... But they won't give up Vladivostok for all the tea in China.
I don't know. Currently, Russia lacks the funds to really give that city the jump start it needs to be a "global" city. Infrastructure there is weak, despite the new bridges. Trash doesn't get collected, tourist accommodations like lodging is in short supply, roads in and out of the city are atrocious, housing is virtually unavailable. China could throw a hundred billion Euro into that city tomorrow. Maybe, they will work out a deal.

I guess it's all moot until China develops a decent Navy. Once they do, I can see the Russians backing away from the region to focus on their core holdings further inland. But, what do I know? I'm only speculating.

Most nations that start wars do not actively seek to "start a war". They try to press their advantages (or what they think are their advantages) and push too far. Not even Hitler figured his invasion of Poland would lead to war with France and England at that time. He figured they would simply make noise about it and then accept it, giving him at least a few more years to continue arming for a war at a time and place of his choosing.
Well then hitler figured incorrectly, it did start a war.

I don't know. Currently, Russia lacks the funds to really give that city the jump start it needs to be a "global" city. Infrastructure there is weak, despite the new bridges. Trash doesn't get collected, tourist accommodations like lodging is in short supply, roads in and out of the city are atrocious, housing is virtually unavailable. China could throw a hundred billion Euro into that city tomorrow. Maybe, they will work out a deal.

I guess it's all moot until China develops a decent Navy. Once they do, I can see the Russians backing away from the region to focus on their core holdings further inland. But, what do I know? I'm only speculating.

Vladivostok is both an important civilian and military city. It is the Russian key to the Pacific. A strategic point. Up to 1/3rd of the Russian sea power has been commanded from there. Commercially it served as a huge import hub (far more than export) and imports or builds a quarter of a million autos yearly.

Severing Vladivostok from Russia would be like the US selling California. It is one of the few cash cows of the Russian Federation.

A city swapping hands by agreement between two nations isn't your fantasy of Siberia or Manchuria being taken away.
more than 2. buy a book finally. do you agree that the best option for outer Manchurians (and for free world) will be USA or USA/Japan annexing of this region ?
or at least Chukotka

_102813131_de0561af-b27b-4b35-bc82-df670fd0a909.jpg

Strategically I get the idea of Russia wanting a stronger arctic and North Pole presence, but it is not new either.

Just another day in the renewed Cold War.

more than 2. buy a book finally. do you agree that the best option for outer Manchurians (and for free world) will be USA or USA/Japan annexing of this region ?
or at least Chukotka

Are you really asking the US and/or Japan to do exactly what Russia did elsewhere? How much interest do you have in outright war?

Russo-Japanese war has zero to do with the conversation.
wrong, its indicate weakness of Moscow´s rule over Siberian lands
"

Green Ukraine, also known as Zeleny Klyn (Ukrainian: Зелений клин, romanized: Zelenyj Klyn, Russian: Зелёный Клин, romanized: Zeljonyj Klin, literally: "the green gore/wedge"),[3] officially the Ukrainian Republic of the Far East is a historical Ukrainian name for the land in the Russian Far East area between the Amur River and the Pacific Ocean, an area roughly corresponding to the Chinese concept of Outer Manchuria.

Zeleny Klyn on the map of Russia

After the Russian Revolution of 1917, Transcathay (Ukrainian: Закитайщина, romanized: Zakytajščyna) After the establishment of the Bolshevik Far Eastern Republic on April 6, 1920, Far Eastern areas with an ethnic Ukrainian majority attempted to secede and establish an entity called Green Ukraine.[citation needed]

"
"

Russia intentionally ignores the fact that Ukrainians, Belarusians, Balts populated the Russian Far East, not Russians
"

Green Ukraine, also known as Zeleny Klyn (Ukrainian: Зелений клин, romanized: Zelenyj Klyn, Russian: Зелёный Клин, romanized: Zeljonyj Klin, literally: "the green gore/wedge"),[3] officially the Ukrainian Republic of the Far East is a historical Ukrainian name for the land in the Russian Far East area between the Amur River and the Pacific Ocean, an area roughly corresponding to the Chinese concept of Outer Manchuria.

After the Russian Revolution of 1917, Transcathay (Ukrainian: Закитайщина, romanized: Zakytajščyna) After the establishment of the Bolshevik Far Eastern Republic on April 6, 1920, Far Eastern areas with an ethnic Ukrainian majority attempted to secede and establish an entity called Green Ukraine.[citation needed]

Russia intentionally ignores the fact that Ukrainians, Belarusians, Balts populated the Russian Far East, not Russians
"

This has nothing to do with the subject and nothing to do with the Russo-Japanese war.

This has nothing to do with the subject and nothing to do with the Russo-Japanese war.
wrong again, do you agree that Moscow colonial power is very weak (historically and today ) in this region ?
When Siberia Will be Chinese - Trailer

Are you really asking the US and/or Japan to do exactly what Russia did elsewhere? How much interest do you have in outright war?
what do you think the locals want today ? do you think they want to live under Moscow´s yoke ?
Anti-Kremlin protests in Khabarovsk: ′We hate Moscow ... - DW
https://www.dw.com › anti-kremlin-protests-in-khabaro...

— For the third weekend in a row, tens of thousands in Russia's furthest eastern regions have protested the arrest of regional ex-governor Sergei ...

just look at the flags

0D01C7CC-35EA-41C4-A07E-4E91DEA132A7_w1080_h608.jpg

what do you think the locals want today ? do you think they want to live under Moscow´s yoke ?

Predictably, you avoided the question.

Are you asking for the US and/or Japan to go to war with Russia to annex parts of? Yes or no.

Vladivostok is a massively important naval base. That’s like saying a US President would sell off Hawaii and California together.

"

"
"

"

The Russo Japanese War was over a century ago. Claiming it shows “weakness” in “Russia today” is a bad joke.

Predictably, you avoided the question.

Are you asking for the US and/or Japan to go to war with Russia to annex parts of? Yes or no.
we are at war with Moscow, like you it or not, but this time Moscow´s empire will be finished much faster , you know 1% of world GDP, natural resource based economy , etc.

a3957280ec532988d2856a96b91a6009

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fgreatspeculations%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F04%2FCOMM-everythings-bigger-in-texas-04132018-e1523977818402.jpg

The Russo Japanese War was over a century ago. Claiming it shows “weakness” in “Russia today” is a bad joke.
LOL))) can you write here Moscow´s GDP (word) population size (vs. USA, lets say) other statistic in 1905 and today ( 1% world´s GDP)

Back
Top Bottom