• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian Arctic Build Up

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Canada better stay on the United States' good side. Here's a really good article laying out the Russian build up along the coast of the Arctic Ocean.

...satellite images show the slow and methodical strengthening of airfields and "trefoil" bases ...the forces might be used to establish de facto control over areas of the Arctic that are further afield, and soon to be ice-free.

"Russia is refurbishing Soviet-era airfields and radar installations, constructing new ports and search-and-rescue centers, and building up its fleet of nuclear- and conventionally-powered icebreakers..."

Making matters worse, the Russkies have a few new toys.

High-tech weapons are also being regularly tested in the Arctic area, according to Russian officials quoted in state media and Western officials.

Campbell added that in November, Russia claimed the successful test of the 'Tsirkon' anti-ship hypersonic cruise missile.
Yeah, Right Wing denial of global warming came at a cost. Read all about it.

They have us so far outnumbered in icebreakers it's stupid.

My take is the morons who are suspicious of global warming but receptive of Putin, foolishly believing the Russian Dictator is their buddy, are to blame for us now being about a decade behind the Russians up in the Arctic.

My take is the morons who are suspicious of global warming but receptive of Putin, foolishly believing the Russian Dictator is their buddy, are to blame for us now being about a decade behind the Russians up in the Arctic.
What would we do in the arctic? Claim new land like Russia will?

Palace of a Global Dictator

How about china?
Lol...China doesn't even have direct access to the Sea of Japan in the Pacific thanks to the Russian cockblock.
East-Asia-map.gif

They are more Russia's bitch then Right Wing Americans are.

As usual, Russia is fighting for the Oil that no one will need in 20-30 years and testing weapons they can never use. No wonder the people starve.

people are starving in Russia?

And I guarantee you that the world will still be using massive amounts of oil in 20-30 years, Maybe 200 or 300 you would be right but not 20-30.

Canada better stay on the United States' good side. Here's a really good article laying out the Russian build up along the coast of the Arctic Ocean.

I don't think it would be Canada having to stay on our good side.
seeing there are several thousand miles of open border with Canada and if they were some how taken over by Russia that would mean we would have all that open border with a Russian controlled country and it would cut us off from Alaska except by water
I don't think it would ever happen but I am sure if it started to look as if they could make a move either we would go in there or they would ask to join the US
Have a nice evening

How exactly did those people stop the US from making advances during the years that it was Democrats running the country.

great topic but , whats about Norway and Denmark ? what board members think about security of Scandinavian states + Greenland ?

"Canada and the West are at war with "russian" empire whether they want it or not: military experts"

Lol...China doesn't even have direct access to the Sea of Japan in the Pacific thanks to the Russian cockblock.
East-Asia-map.gif

They are more Russia's bitch then Right Wing Americans are.
" China doesn't even have direct access to the Sea of Japan "
Vladivostok day unsettles China , Chinese diplomat stirs up old claims. my question : When the hans get back Vladivostok (currently under Moscow´s occuption) ? in 5 , 10 years ?

MANCHURIA-U.S.S.R_BOUNDARY_Ct002999.jpg

Palace of a Global Dictator

this is real Babylon palace of a Global Dictator

Wow, looks like something straight out of a James Bond movie.
TYRANTS ARE FOREVER Vladimir Putin pulls off Bond villain impression as he plunges to the bottom of the sea in mini-submarine mission

CM-COMPOSITE-PUTIN-SUBMARINE.jpg

" China doesn't even have direct access to the Sea of Japan "
Vladivostok day unsettles China , Chinese diplomat stirs up old claims. my question : When the hans get back Vladivostok (currently under Moscow´s occuption) ? in 5 , 10 years ?

MANCHURIA-U.S.S.R_BOUNDARY_Ct002999.jpg

Vladivostok is incredibly valuable territory to both countries. I can see hostilities developing over that land dispute in the coming decades. US would be wise to exploit that.

Vladivostok is incredibly valuable territory to both countries. I can see hostilities developing over that land dispute in the coming decades. US would be wise to exploit that.
" After losing the Opium Wars, the Qing dynasty was forced to sign a series of treaties that gave away land and ports to the imperialist Western powers as well as to Russia and Japan; these were known as the Unequal Treaties. Starting with the Treaty of Aigun in 1858 and the Treaty of Peking in 1860, the Sino–Russian border was realigned in Russia's favor along the Amur and Ussuri rivers. As a result, China lost Outer Manchuria (an area of more than 1 million km2), and access to the Sea of Japan. "

Manchuria.png

" After losing the Opium Wars, the Qing dynasty was forced to sign a series of treaties that gave away land and ports to the imperialist Western powers as well as to Russia and Japan; these were known as the Unequal Treaties. Starting with the Treaty of Aigun in 1858 and the Treaty of Peking in 1860, the Sino–Russian border was realigned in Russia's favor along the Amur and Ussuri rivers. As a result, China lost Outer Manchuria (an area of more than 1 million km2), and access to the Sea of Japan. "

Manchuria.png
Yes, China is not at all happy with that outcome. It's only a matter of time before they do something about it.

Unequal treaties are still treaties.

And they can only be undone by new treaties.

not just outer Manchuria belongs to the China , the hans´ maps calls Lake Baikal for our great northern sea , Mao said about it even to Koba,

" The Nine Comments also claimed that in 1954.... He reminded them that over the last hundred years, Russia had seized the area east of Lake Baikal from China and that the Chinese had still not "billed" Russia for it. Thus, by 1963, Sino-Soviet relations were very bad indeed. (4) "

new just look at GDP of 2 countries and this picture :

Manzhouli-Gates-Dwafs-Russian-Chinas-Forgotten-Port-City-07.jpg

Back
Top Bottom