• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia will pull out of the International Space Station over economic sanctions: report

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Russia will pull out of the International Space Station over economic sanctions: report

iu

The head of Russia's space agency on Saturday said that the country would leave the International Space Station, which Moscow said is the result of economic sanctions imposed as a result of the country's conflict in Ukraine, according to Bloomberg. Two Russian state news agencies — Tass and RIA Novosti — on Saturday reported that Roscosmos General Director Dmitry Rogozin said in an interview that the decision had already been affirmed. "The decision has been taken already, we're not obliged to talk about it publicly," he reportedly said on state television. "I can say this only — in accordance with our obligations, we'll inform our partners about the end of our work on the ISS with a year's notice." Rogozin earlier in April blasted the litany of Western economic sanctions imposed on Russia, stating that Roscosmos would halt cooperation on the International Space Station with NASA and the European Space Agency. "I believe that the restoration of normal relations between partners in the International Space Station and other joint projects is possible only with the complete and unconditional lifting of illegal sanctions," he tweeted at the time.

Moscow obviously feels its agressive war in Ukraine is more important than international cooperation in space.

They get no sympathy from me.

I started to think that: "Perhaps after all this War-Crap is over, things will get back to normal, regarding the space/ISS."
On further thought though, Russia/Putin have done such horrible war crimes, rape, murder and a cornucopia of disgusting actions, I (personally) don't want a damn
thing to do with them. Some actions are unforgivable.

Good. Russia is a third rate space power anyway and no one needs them anymore. SpaceX is absolutely killing it, NASA has been the star of the US federal government for a decade straight, ESA and JAXA are awesome, China has its own space station, and India has been doing some cool things as of late.

Russia? They’re useless, and living on the legacy of Soviet launch vehicles that SpaceX has made obsolete.

They can take their ball and go home. No one cares for their participation.

Back
Top Bottom