• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia warns United States: we have the might to put you in your place

trixare4kids

Trix has reentered the building.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Crazy Putin gets bolder by the day. Clearly, Vlad, the war criminal, feels omniscient issuing vapid threats to USA....a sure sign of a "mighty" narcissist grasping for control.

LONDON, March 17 (Reuters) - Russia warned the United States on Thursday that Moscow had the might to put the world's pre-eminent superpower in its place and accused the West of stoking a wild Russophobic plot to tear Russia apart.

Dmitry Medvedev, who served as president from 2008 to 2012 and is now deputy secretary of Russia's Security Council, said the United States had stoked "disgusting" Russophobia in an attempt to force Russia to its knees.

"It will not work - Russia has the might to put all of our brash enemies in their place," Medvedev said.

Since Russia invaded Ukraine on Feb. 24, the United States and its European and Asian allies have slapped sanctions on Russian leaders, companies and businessmen, cutting off Russia from much of the world economy.

President Vladimir Putin says that what he calls the special military operation in Ukraine was necessary because the United States was using Ukraine to threaten Russia and Russia had to defend against the "genocide" of Russian-speaking people by Ukraine.

Ukraine says it is fighting for its existence and that Putin's claims of genocide are nonsense. The West says claims it wants to rip Russia apart are fiction.

Russia says that despite sanctions it can fare well without what it casts as a deceitful and decadent West led by the United States. It says its bid to forge ties with the West after the 1991 fall of the Soviet Union is now over and that it will develop ties with other powers such as China.

Crazy Putin gets bolder by the day. Clearly, Vlad, the war criminal, feels omniscient issuing vapid threats to USA....a sure sign of a "mighty" narcissist grasping for control.

I think he knows he's losing this one and is showing signs of desperation. He's even going after his own people. I must admit that this is a good incentive for someone to take him out.

Russia warns United States: we have the might to put you in your place​

Well - it's about time somebody did, right?

;)
:rolleyes:

Russia warns United States: we have the might to put you in your place​

Well - it's about time somebody did, right?

;)
:rolleyes:
Would that be the same place Ukraine is in? Attacking the United States would not be easy for him. NATO five kicks in if he did.

He doesn't even have the might to put Ukraine "in its place."

they can't even beat Ukraine. Unless they want to wipe out the world. **** Putin, he's a psycho

I think he knows he's losing this one and is showing signs of desperation. He's even going after his own people. I must admit that this is a good incentive for someone to take him out.

Yep; beat me to it.

He's appealing to China for arms (& cash), for krissakes.

His options are:

1. Destroy the world, including Russia
2. Whine

He chose door #2.

For all his experience, Putin really walked himself into a no-win situation. I don't know how he's going to get out of it with his head attached.

Would that be the same place Ukraine is in? Attacking the United States would not be easy for him. NATO five kicks in if he did.
I know, right. If Putin thinks he's in the shit now, he'd be completely ****ed if he dared. Bye bye mother Russia.

For all his experience, Putin really walked himself into a no-win situation. I don't know how he's going to get out of it with his head attached.
if he controls the thoughts of the Russian citizens (via no freedom of the press) can't he just order the soldiers home (keeping some areas) and go on TV and tell them all that he saved Ukraine from the "Nazis"?

hell, dumbasses here are falling for it and we have a free press.

Last edited:

Look at my posts from before the invasion, when idiots were debating if Russia would attack or was it a bluff.

I said then, this was Ww3 and nukes were likely to be used.

Sadly it seems more and more certain.

I recall hearing where China is turning its back on him also.
Well I think China was sitting around seeing how this goes for their own desires, and seeing the united, international response to his push into Ukraine are now backing off support for Putin.

Why would we need NATO to just wave a white flag and save humanity?

We have to find a way for him to declare victory . Short if this, nukes will fly.

I fear this might be the occasion where he thinks he has nothing to lose and could go all in. He pretty much has wrecked the reputation of his own country. Who would replace him? And how easily would they be able to implement recovery policies?

Reactions: lwf
Well I think China was sitting around seeing how this goes for their own desires, and seeing the united, international response to his push into Ukraine are now backing off support for Putin.
I agree with your analysis. China isn't going to jeopardize its lucrative marketing potential just so Putin can reclaim a country he's in the process of destroying.

if he control the thoughts of the Russian citizens (via no freedom of the press) can't he just order the soldiers home (keeping some areas) and go on TV and tell them all that he saved Ukraine from the "Nazis"?

hell, dumbasses here are falling for it and we have a free press.
I suppose so. For a while at least. But no amount of propaganda can reverse the bite of sanctions on the Russian people, regardless of whom he blames. I suppose the question is: Can Putin survive the fall of the oligarchs and survive as the next Kim Jong Un?

Back
Top Bottom