• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia warns U.S. against further arming Ukraine

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
So the question now is does Biden back down again as he did with Migs or does he "go toe to toe" with Putin ss he claimed in his election campaign? I'm betting he backs down.

"Russia has sent a formal diplomatic note to the Biden administration warning the U.S. against further arming Ukraine, two officials tell CBS News.

The note, sent to the State Department, revealed Moscow's irritation with President Biden's decision to continue to approve arms transfers as the conflict shifts to eastern Ukraine."

The Washington Post first reported the diplomatic note from Russia to the U.S., and quoted Russian officials as saying the weapons shipments could bring "unpredictable consequences."

President Biden has provided more in aid and support to Ukraine than any other country on the planet, and Zelensky has acknowledged that.

Biden cannot provide battle tanks or jet fighters to Ukraine because it could be seen as aggression by Putin and he might decide to engage the U.S directly .

Biden must limit arms (given to Ukraine) to defensive weapons ONLY.

So the question now is does Biden back down again as he did with Migs or does he "go toe to toe" with Putin ss he claimed in his election campaign? I'm betting he backs down.

"Russia has sent a formal diplomatic note to the Biden administration warning the U.S. against further arming Ukraine, two officials tell CBS News.

The note, sent to the State Department, revealed Moscow's irritation with President Biden's decision to continue to approve arms transfers as the conflict shifts to eastern Ukraine."

The Washington Post first reported the diplomatic note from Russia to the U.S., and quoted Russian officials as saying the weapons shipments could bring "unpredictable consequences."

Or else what, Vlad? You gonna attack us? :ROFLMAO:

opinion.

What would not backing down mean to you? Explain what exactly you want Biden to do now since Putin warned the US?
Continue giving Ukraine state of the art weapons and adding Migs.

President Biden has provided more in aid and support to Ukraine than any other country on the planet, and Zelensky has acknowledged that.

Biden cannot provide battle tanks or jet fighters to Ukraine because it could be seen as aggression by Putin and he might decide to engage the U.S directly .

Biden must limit arms (given to Ukraine) to defensive weapons ONLY.
Weapons are neither offensive or defensive. Any weapon can be used either way.

So just out of curiosity, has Putin backed down from calls to end their invasion? I'm going to guess "no."

Also, do you have any idea how much the US has given Ukraine since the start of the war?

Russia is in no position to be giving out threats to NATO

Biden never backed down with the MIGS and you know that. This is just your partisan attempt to attack him.

Biden never backed down with the MIGS and you know that. This is just your partisan attempt to attack him.
So Biden did allow migs to be sent to Ukraine? Have a link?

Last time I checked we don't have Migs and Biden / Nato has supplied Ukraine pretty well.
Seems there are many air routes to get migs to Ukraine not involving US airbases.
“Biden admin rules out transfer of Polish fighter jets to Ukraine”

So Biden did allow migs to be sent to Ukraine? Have a link?

How did I know you would come back with that?

Jeeze Louise how many times does it need to be explained to you that a Polish politician stuck his foot in his mouth and volunteered the U.S. to deliver the Migs via Germany without our prior consultation? And furthermore our Pentagon felt it would be better to put resources into weapons that aren't sitting on a tarmac waiting to be bombed like aircraft would be, not to mention all the support personal involved. The Ukrainians are getting a much bigger bang for their buck with mobile hand held ground weapons that are easier to smuggle in without getting destroyed en-route. Planes on railroad cars stick out like a cockroach on a white wedding cake.

Oh and one more thing: You can bet the farm that MIGS are making their way in country via at least one former East Bloc country. It's just not being publicized, which it should not be as it could cause an escalation.

I really like your posts in this thread, but on this you are dead wrong, and just taking a cheap shot at Biden.

“Biden admin rules out transfer of Polish fighter jets to Ukraine”

I know. That is why I stated, " ........,Seems there are many air routes to get migs to Ukraine not involving US airbases."
Your article stated , "Poland had offered to donate Soviet-era MiG 29 aircraft to Ukraine via a U.S. air base in Germany,"

Are you saying there is no way to get the Migs to Ukraine except by using US air bases in Germany? Bet there is a lot of places the Migs could refuel.

NATO being threatened by the guy with the military who can't even control a country that is outgunned and outnumbered.

NATO couldn’t even beat a bunch of goatherders with forty year old AKs after two decades of of trying.

Some humility might do wonders.

**** Putin. We'll do as we please.

That's the Uncle Sam spirit! You're a good American, offering your undying emotional and financial support for US militarism. Does it make you feel powerful, maybe even god-like?

Last edited:
NATO couldn’t even beat a bunch of goatherders with forty year old AKs after two decades of of trying.

The changes. Wow.

Continue giving Ukraine state of the art weapons and adding Migs.
If I understand the “MiGs” in question, they are more suited for display in aviation museums.

Now that you have been cut, you’re bad-mouthing the team?

opinion.

What would not backing down mean to you? Explain what exactly you want Biden to do now since Putin warned the US?

Biden should put on his aviator shades and bow up; talk about Corn Pop, Big Mamma, and all those debates he won on the floor.

I know. That is why I stated, " ........,Seems there are many air routes to get migs to Ukraine not involving US airbases."
Your article stated , "Poland had offered to donate Soviet-era MiG 29 aircraft to Ukraine via a U.S. air base in Germany,"

Are you saying there is no way to get the Migs to Ukraine except by using US air bases in Germany? Bet there is a lot of places the Migs could refuel.
They may be getting MIGS. It's just not being publicized. I would wager that much more is going on than we are privy to.

Back
Top Bottom