• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia warns the USA of unspecified reactions to the USA arming Ukraine

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I think that Russia and Putin warning us to stop arming Ukraine or they will take some unspecified actions is like them pissing into the wind. What can they really do to us? I guess they could attack us or a NATO partner, but it would end in them getting their military shot to pieces and I suspect Putin dethroned. His military would never allow him to use nukes. Saber rattling is one thing, but starting that kind of war, well they do not want their entire country blown to hell as well as the rest of the world. The only thing his country has is oil and gas and even the Europeans are going to stop using the Russian supply. It would take at least a year or more for the Russians to build the pipelines to China or India and by that time his economy, well, there would be no economy to speak of. We thought/hoped that sanctions would keep him from invading Ukraine but we were wrong. Putin is even more wrong if he thinks we will stop furnishing Ukraine with weapons. The funny thing is he says it violates international laws. I guess he does not realize he is doing that every day in Ukraine. The old saying about people who throw stones should not live in glass houses comes to mind.

And just what are you gonna do, Russia? Attack us?
If an outnumbered & outgunned Ukraine can whip your ass, imagine what WE would do! :LOL:

I'm sure we can whip Putin's pooter (pardon my language). But I just hope it doesn't cost us (or them) millions of innocent lives, although it probably will.

Russian losses continue to pile up.

Tanks
Weapons Systems
Helicopters
Fighter Jets
Troop Transports
Vehicles
Drones
Ships
Elite Troops
Generals

The biggest losses? The world's fear of Russia.

If an outnumbered & outgunned Ukraine can whip your ass, imagine what WE would do! :LOL:

Nothing more unpredictable than a trapped animal and let's fact it, Putin is now a trapped animal.

I'm sure we can whip Putin's pooter (pardon my language). But I just hope it doesn't cost us (or them) millions of innocent lives, although it probably will.

Russia is no match for us in a conventional war. You now know it, I now know it, Putin now knows it .

What does that leave? 😉

Yep, Armageddon.

Best to find a way to let Putin claim victory.

Russia is no match for us in a conventional war. You now know it, I now know it, Putin now knows it .

What does that leave? 😉

Yep, Armageddon.

Best to find a way to let Putin claim victory.

What worries me, Nooner, is that I have heard (unconfirmed) reports that's Putin's heath is failing him and that he wants to make one last-ditch effort to recreate the old Soviet Union. If that's true, then my fear is that he will see how hopeless it is and will decide to go out with a "bang" and deploy nukes. He has already shown that he cares little for human life, so I wouldn't put it past him to do that.

What worries me, Nooner, is that I have heard (unconfirmed) reports that's Putin's heath is failing him and that he wants to make one last-ditch effort to recreate the old Soviet Union. If that's true, then my fear is that he will see how hopeless it is and will decide to go out with a "bang" and deploy nukes. He has already shown that he cares little for human life, so I wouldn't put it past him to do that.

I think this a very real concern.

Not only did the Soviets/Russians arm the Koreans and Vietnamese, they operated some of the equipment.. Flew planes, etc... They directly killed thousands of Americans...

So screw them.. That's they way its been done since the end of WW2... They arm who we're fighting, we arm who they are fighting...

Is there an unwritten rule that covers this?

If my next door neighbor and I are getting into “i”t and you hand him a stick, the better to thrash me with, you become my enemy and I will try to hurt you and him…….🤷

Putin is worried now and rightfully so. He is rattling his sabres because rattling is about all he really has at this point.

His military has not exhibited any ability to function in the field. They simply do not know how to move either logistically or tactically. You can see it in living color on camera.

How many times have we heard the old military saw "move to the sound of the guns". The Russians simply do not do even that.

The Russians are supposed to be the superior force. If you are the superior force, and you are attacking you want contact with the enemy. You force contact with the enemy and you do it in such aa way as to make it difficult to be flanked. The only video I have of Russian forces in action either as armored columns or on foot do none of that. They move forward clumsily. They make contact and the turn tail which does not do much to save them. They appear to get cut to ribbons anyway.

The job for the superior and attacking force from WW2 till now is that you make contact. You take up protected firing positions wherever you can find them. You hold the contact with your "inferior" opponent and you call up reinforcements and artillery support to help you overwhelm your opponent or drive him back. You don't make contact and fall back and you don't advance such that you can be so easily flanked.

I recall the video of Russian troopers advancing on foot behind tanks and other types of armored vehicles. In the first place, they were doing it so clumsily that the troopers behind the armored vehicles that were farthest back kept pressing their brother troopers forward to the point where they were just a disorganized clump of bodies behind the armored vehicles. They obviously felt that armored vehicles did not provide them enough protection at the back of what was intended to be columns of troopers. So the guys in the back pushed forward and the result was something that did not look like an organized military effort at all and it failed. They were clearly worried about being flanked and well they should have been. They were not advancing in such a way to keep from being flanked. They encouraged the Ukrainians to flank them. So this whole circus moved slowly forward until they made contact and then they immediately simply went backwards as soon as they took fire. They didn't even turn around and go back. They simply put the armored vehicles in reverse and the troopers simply walked backwards still all bunched in a clump. That is just the stuff we can see at the point of attack....never mind their nonexistent logistical support.

I suspect this focused effort in the Donbas is not going to go much better. Simply moving the troopers that have been beaten badly around Kyiv over to Donbas does not suggest they will suddenly be a better fighting force. The Russians might be able to mass their forces at the point of attack because they are more focused on fewer targets. But I am not at this point convinced they will fair better. I am not even sure they will be able to advance differently than they were in the north. Isn't it springtime now? Won't they be trying to advance in the mud? Won't they end up on roads again. Hence I am not convinced that the Ukrainians have to do much differently to push the Russians back in Donbas either. Let the Russians advance. Let them make contact. Attempt to attack their rear and supply lines if anything. If the Russians again just stop advancing as soon as they take fire and reverse direction, press them.

The Ukrainians will likely have to be ready for massed artillery salvos in advance of the Russian offensive.

I wish President Biden (or more accurately, his "advisers") would tell Russia to go jump in the lake.

And tell the Chinese Reds to also jump in the lake with their Russian buddies.

America should not be kissing the [posterior] of those thugs.

Americans are too darn nice!

Nothing more unpredictable than a trapped animal and let's fact it, Putin is now a trapped animal.
He learned it from a rat he once trapped, and now that's what he created for himself, so he has no excuse, no right.

He'll get to be an experimental rat too many times before we see him again, oh.

They don’t need to.

All they need to is wait until the next time America, itching for another splendid little war, invades Whateverthe****istan, and then give the insurgents that pop up all manner of weapons. It’s not particularly hard, and it sends a lot of Americans home in boxes.

Back
Top Bottom