• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia warned United States against sending more arms to Ukraine

A few US soldiers commit war crimes - Court martial

Russians commit systematic war crimes - Tigerace Whataboutism

That pretty much sums it up. Nothing can excuse the things men do in war, such as what happened at My Lai and Haditha, or official efforts to cover these things up so that they never face the light of day. But what we’re talking about here as it pertains to Russia in Ukraine are systematic war crimes and even crimes against humanity on a massive scale. In both My Lai and Haditha, it was American journalists who brought these events to light before the public. No one should hold their breath waiting for a Russian reporter to report on Russian atrocities. In any case, it should be obvious to all but the blind.

Russia warned United States against sending more arms to Ukraine

iu

It appears that Moscow is having difficulties ramping up its armaments production.
Demand away, Anatoly

Notice the Russians aren’t mentioning all the other countries sending weapons. This is right out of the old Soviet propaganda manual to set up the U.S. as the bogeyman for all of their problems. When the body bags come home, we did it, not Putin.
Maybe because the US is the main supplier and the main perpetrator pushing other NATO countries, especially the reluctant ones, for more support?

Russia can kiss my entire ass until it blisters up.
Austin isn’t too bright to be saying what he said to the world.
Mentioning aid all along has been ****ed up imo.
It was done to get the gop sharks to shut the **** up.

If I knew the gop wasn’t a bunch of liars and traitors:
Instead, I’m watching two nba games, one mlb game, and an nfl channel.

Once a few hours I’ll look at the carnage and realize just how ****ed up the world is.

Maybe because the US is the main supplier and the main perpetrator pushing other NATO countries, especially the reluctant ones, for more support?

Well, the U.S. is a major supplier, no doubt, although when compared against the E.U. as a whole it’s not humongous. But I don’t think, for example, the Poles or the Lithuanians need anyone pushing them to supply weapons to Ukraine. Nah, we’re just the convenient bogeyman Putin needs to sell his fairytale to his public.

Austin isn’t too bright to be saying what he said to the world.
Mentioning aid all along has been ****ed up imo.
It was done to get the gop sharks to shut the **** up.

There are GOP sharks? To listen to Democrats, Republicans are nothing but Putin stooges. But whatever. I thought that’s why they had closed-door congressional briefings for that sort of thing, but I suppose the White House has its reasons for publicly demonstrating its support for Ukraine. My bet is it’s because there’s an election in a few months.

But, yeah, I think Austin talks too much. He gave the Russian propagandists a major gift when he said one object of American aid is to weaken the country militarily. Fed to a domestic Russian audience, that’s like waving a cape in front of a bull. Stupid.

Oh look, more tears about the US being held to the same moral standard we want others held to. Too telling.

Oh look, more tears about the US being held to the same moral standard we want others held to. Too telling.

You mean like Lend/Lease? You know, when we sent all those weapons to the USSR in WWII? Like that?

You mean like Lend/Lease? You know, when we sent all those weapons to the USSR in WWII? Like that?

Nah, as I said before, I mean like how we killed Iran’s top thug for doing exactly the same thing we’re doing,

Watching too much Smithsonian and AHC?

That is what Putin is doing;
Reducing and razing a country to WWII rubble.

PMA —> Present Moment Awareness

Watching too much Smithsonian and AHC?

That is what Putin is doing;
Reducing and razing a country to WWII rubble.

PMA —> Present Moment Awareness
That’s literally what we are actively helping the Saudis and Emiratis do in Yemen.

And it’s hardly surprising that Russia would complain about it, which makes the sputtering about it totally meaningless.

Like yeah, Russia made the most obvious response in the world to our actions. So what? Was anyone really expecting any different?

And it’s hardly surprising that Russia would complain about it, which makes the sputtering about it totally meaningless.
Russia plays the same game and always has.
Like yeah, Russia made the most obvious response in the world to our actions. So what? Was anyone really expecting any different?
**** 'em. They aren't scary.

Russia plays the same game and always has.

**** 'em. They aren't scary.

Yep.

We certainly are, because we don’t possess the ability to learn. No matter how many times we jump head first into a quagmire, we blithely do the same thing over and over again, because we’re addicted to seeing our tanks rolling over various and sundry borders and somehow think that, gee, this time it’ll be different.

Spoiler alert: it’s never different.

And so I can guaran-****ing-tee, right now, that the next time we occupy whateverthe****istan, there’ll immediately be reports screaming with outrage about the Russians doing the exact same thing to us that we did to them.

Yep.

We certainly are, because we don’t possess the ability to learn. No matter how many times we jump head first into a quagmire, we blithely do the same thing over and over again, because we’re addicted to seeing our tanks rolling over various and sundry borders and somehow think that, gee, this time it’ll be different.
I don't see any US forces involved. Which quagmire are you referring to?
Spoiler alert: it’s never different.

And so I can guaran-****ing-tee, right now, that the next time we occupy whateverthe****istan, there’ll immediately be reports screaming with outrage about the Russians doing the exact same thing to us that we did to them.
We're slow learners that way.

Iraq and Afghanistan, for instance. Pretty glaring examples.

Well, sure. But that's not what's happening now.

I am absolutely positive that the next fracas we get into will have the other side armed by the Russians, but that's nothing new. It's how the game is played.

Well, sure. But that's not what's happening now.

I am absolutely positive that the next fracas we get into will have the other side armed by the Russians, but that's nothing new. It's how the game is played.

There’s been a drumbeat to try and drag the US into the war for a while now. All that “no fly zone” nonsense, for instance.

There’s been a drumbeat to try and drag the US into the war for a while now. All that “no fly zone” nonsense, for instance.

We don't need a no fly zone, when we have bags and bags of Starstreak and Stingers to hand over.

The people demanding one are trying to fight the last war.

Lol what?

We got VERY upset when Iran and other countries did the same thing to us in Iraq and Afghanistan. We literally killed a top Iranian commander over it.

Jesus, the hypocrisy here is downright blinding.
Almost all wars have been proxy wars since WWII. We fought the Chinese in Korea and the Russians in Vietnam. But when we do it we are supposed to be ashamed? Now that is a LOL.

We don't need a no fly zone, when we have bags and bags of Starstreak and Stingers to hand over.

The people demanding one are trying to fight the last war.

Yes, because last time we handed over bags and bags of Stingers to someone fighting the Russians it ended so well 🙄

Hopefully this time they won’t end up in the hands of everyone from Chechen jihadis to North freaking Korea.

It’s a minor miracle we didn’t lose an airliner or six.

Yes, because last time we handed over bags and bags of Stingers to someone fighting the Russians it ended so well
It did for us. Too bad we got stupid 15 years later, right?
Hopefully this time they won’t end up in the hands of everyone from Chechen jihadis to North freaking Korea.

It’s a minor miracle we didn’t lose an airliner or six.
I think they're pretty much using them as fast as they get them.

And if a few do get loose, that's part of the cost of bleeding Russia out.

Back
Top Bottom